ADVERTISEMENT

LWW vs Collinsville

sporthog9er

Jun 9, 2001
Any Collinsville people on the board have insight here? Know nothing on them. I'd like to think this could be a favorable matchup for West. Looks like common opponents, both lost to Belleview East. LWW weakness is their secondary and I think Collins does have a capable QB that can air it out? Not sure on how their receivers are.

I don't follow Collinsville closely. I was surprised they won their first round game on the road. They lost to a 1A school a few weeks ago and typically do not play schools their own size unless they know they are better than them.

They had a similar situation last year, they beat Bradley Bourbonnais in the first round unexpectedly and then had to travel to BR and Rice destroyed them easily. I expect similar with LWW. Shouldn't be an issue.

I have seen them play very athletic… lost to Belleville east on last second to pass.. Qb is very good.. I don’t know Lww lost to east also could be a good game

Collinsville's main guy is our QB #5 Darren Pennell (140-231, 1,947 Passing YDS, 19 TD's 8 INT). Moved to QB after playing WR last year. He's also our leading rusher (640 yds, 9 TD's). WR corps is pretty good, 2 main guys are #24 KJ Thorps-Watt (35- 694- 7 TD's) and #14 Amari Rodgers-Parott (43- 545- 5 TD's). Line is a little small for 7A, but has been decent so far.

Defense is probably our strength, our front 7 in particular. DE #9 Devin Habermehl has gotten some FCS looks as a junior. We've also got 3 LB's with 75+ tackles, #33 Isaiah Norton, #34 Michael Tongay, and #10 Rollin Armes. We've also got a pretty good kicker (34-36? on XP's, 1 FG)

Any of y'all know much about LWW this year? I know they're in a conference with Bradley-Bourbonnais, who as mentioned above was our Round 1 opponent last year. Calpreps has the Warriors winning by 17, which seems a reasonable spread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT