ADVERTISEMENT

Phillips - please help me understand...

Cat Box

Sep 23, 2012
Phillips is a public school. They operate within the IHSA rules as a non-boundaried school. Several kids transferring in. Are these kids moving into Phillips district? 3A enrollment, playing up in 5A with 8A talent. Please explain the particulars of how this works.

Phillips is a public school. They operate within the IHSA rules as a non-boundaried school. Several kids transferring in. Are these kids moving into Phillips district? 3A enrollment, playing up in 5A with 8A talent. Please explain the particulars of how this works.

Explain how Loyola gets all of their kids?

I believev that this is similar to the Maine districts. Kids can go to school within district. District is Chicago.

They are playing up two classes I think

City kids have been traveling from one side of Chicago to the other to play basketball for years. I would assume it has been also happening for football but only now is getting attention since Phillips is a state title contender the last 5 years.

Pot meet kettle. Your favorite high school did the same thing a few years back but hid down in 3a.

Will the reporters covering the game be asking the Phillip's kids their addresses?
I think anyone with half a brain realizes that allowing the CPS to govern themselves is a very very bad idea.

Proposal #11 Submitted by Jon Baffico, Principal, Chicago St. Patrick

ihsa-chicago-by-law.jpg

Really? Please elaborate...

That's is very impressive. Reminds me of the 2011/2012 Aurora Christian team that had these players on it.

Joel Bouganon RB NIU (Was with the Chicago Bears)
Chad Beebe WR Starts for NIU now.
RJ Morris OL Ohio State
Anthony Maddie QB started for NIU last year
Brandon Mayes DB NIU/Western IL.
Can't remember their kicker but he kicked at Oregon
Plus they had 6 others that went on to play Div. 2

Everyone’s favorite Phillips coach has started drunk tweeting. Seriously at one point in time do you tell this guy he can’t coach if this is what he’s going to do on twitter. Not a great look

Everyone’s favorite Phillips coach has started drunk tweeting. Seriously at one point in time do you tell this guy he can’t coach if this is what he’s going to do on twitter. Not a great look
He’s a clown, maybe our new friend can tell him? Or he can just enable the behavior on his own personal twitter with stupid gifs.

Drinking after a state title? Say it isn’t so!!!!;)

Reactions: Wolffan64
He’s a clown, maybe our new friend can tell him? Or he can just enable the behavior on his own personal twitter with stupid gifs.

He’s one of the people we don’t need in high school football

That’s not the problem, acting like a jackass on social media when everyone is looking is. You’re supposed to the example?

And he just keeps going. Proud of the fact that he’s a jackass. All the good publicity that Phillips gets should go out the window if mccalister keeps his clown around.

They could have played them but opted up to the class of least resistence preseason.

They knew what they were doing. 5A looked like the easiest route. Go up 2 classes and you have an excuse if you lose. And going up 2 classes puts the focus on that and not all the other bullshit.

They knew what they were doing. 5A looked like the easiest route. Go up 2 classes and you have an excuse if you lose. And going up 2 classes puts the focus on that and not all the other bullshit.
They would have won 3a or 4a. They probably could have given 6A and 7A a good game too.

Hack on the coach and CPS if you want to, but let the Phillips kids enjoy their state title. It's not their fault. Congrats Phillips on a great season and another State Title.

From what I watched Phillips should be number one,east St. Louis in top five

Why do you think 4 A is tougher than 5 A? I think Phillips would have beat Rochester easily, Lemont and Sterling both gave them games losing by 12 and 13 points, Morris who is in Sterlings conference and went 7-2 almost beat Rochester. Phillips defense is what wins them games and Rochester wouldn't have had time to throw, and if that stud QB tried running he would have been shut down, they are too quick, Phillips would have rolled running clocks in every playoff game in 4A

Why do you think 4 A is tougher than 5 A? I think Phillips would have beat Rochester easily, Lemont and Sterling both gave them games losing by 12 and 13 points, Morris who is in Sterlings conference and went 7-2 almost beat Rochester. Phillips defense is what wins them games and Rochester wouldn't have had time to throw, and if that stud QB tried running he would have been shut down, they are too quick, Phillips would have rolled running clocks in every playoff game in 4A

Rochesters passing game would have chewed Phillips up

Reactions: Hawks65
Rochesters passing game would have chewed Phillips up

Dunlap is a running team and had to go to their 2nd string QB and still were able to stretch the field vertically and complete some passes down the field.

Rochester is clearly more comfortable throwing the ball and would cause problems for Phillips. Phillips just wants to bring 7 and assume they are more athletic on the outside and can man up receivers and not get burned. You get a capable passing team and that is going to cause them some problems.

Reactions: Cat Box
Sterling, Lemont, and Dunlap would have all steamrolled thru 3A & 4A.

Crazy fantasy world we live in here. Go from whining about "special" teams being SF'd up one or two classes to talking about how the bigger schools would steamroll the smaller schools. o_O

Dunlap is a running team and had to go to their 2nd string QB and still were able to stretch the field vertically and complete some passes down the field.

Rochester is clearly more comfortable throwing the ball and would cause problems for Phillips. Phillips just wants to bring 7 and assume they are more athletic on the outside and can man up receivers and not get burned. You get a capable passing team and that is going to cause them some problems.

Herscher had over 500 yards of offense against them last year, their offense is similar to Rochester

Herscher had over 500 yards of offense against them last year, their offense is similar to Rochester
Who friggin' cares about last year. and herscher for that matter. Nice, brief run that resulted in no titles but back in the toilet they go...and hopefully you as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT