ADVERTISEMENT

OFeetO Friday Upset Special........

I saw WB play week 7(?) vs York and honestly could not understand them - I mean why they were so successful (other than having a tough gritty QB) - Absolutely no disrespect but they did not seem like a 9-0 team......and I saw Benet twice and thought very highly of them - so if MW can defeat them, I think WB could be had - not sure about the 3 players being out.

thanks for the scouting report... from the film, your analysis is spot on... WB is a tough bunch of well-coached kids, but don't seem to have a bunch of high-level play-makers... a good formula, but hard to beat a talented team like MW...

MW isn't deep, but have a lot of high-level play-makers that really surprised Benet... it was a good game, but MW had the better skill level players and overcame a pretty big size advantage of Benet...

thanks for the scouting report... from the film, your analysis is spot on... WB is a tough bunch of well-coached kids, but don't seem to have a bunch of high-level play-makers... a good formula, but hard to beat a talented team like MW...

MW isn't deep, but have a lot of high-level play-makers that really surprised Benet... it was a good game, but MW had the better skill level players and overcame a pretty big size advantage of Benet...
I did like the Tumulty (spelling?) brothers on WB - younger brother the QB and older brother the WR I think - the York announcer must have said "Tumulty" a thousand X's - could not get that out of my head that night - every key 3rd down play went from brother to brother on a simple but well executed play - I thought York did not give their best effort - that should have been York's key 5th win (well, 3rd only with subsequent wins of PW and DGN - but I digress)

I did like the Tumulty (spelling?) brothers on WB - younger brother the QB and older brother the WR I think - the York announcer must have said "Tumulty" a thousand X's - could not get that out of my head that night - every key 3rd down play went from brother to brother on a simple but well executed play - I thought York did not give their best effort - that should have been York's key 5th win (well, 3rd only with subsequent wins of PW and DGN - but I digress)

supposed to be tough kids and great players... looking forward to seeing them in person... I think their Dad may be a coach at Maine South?

if you are at the WB/MW game, look me up... we'll be tailgating before at the RV and at the 50 in the visitors stands... enjoy HS playoff football!

Reactions: Q5clan
supposed to be tough kids and great players... looking forward to seeing them in person... I think their Dad may be a coach at Maine South?

if you are at the WB/MW game, look me up... we'll be tailgating before at the RV and at the 50 in the visitors stands... enjoy HS playoff football!
Thanks, and it would be a game I would consider if not for my LWE v GBW and then Marist @ NC doubleheader (LWE and Marist are family schools)
Good Luck MW - side note: one of my college roommates at Illinois State was an all-conference football player (and baseball) at Maine West (way back in the day!!!)

Thanks, and it would be a game I would consider if not for my LWE v GBW and then Marist @ NC doubleheader (LWE and Marist are family schools)
Good Luck MW - side note: one of my college roommates at Illinois State was an all-conference football player (and baseball) at Maine West (way back in the day!!!)

that's a great football day... enjoy! thanks for the good wishes... it's a very small world (7 degrees of separation, etc....) which makes life fun... great games all over... who was your roommate at ISU? one of my daughters is studying education there now... I also have good college friends who have kids at Marist... great place to go to school... and good football.

that's a great football day... enjoy! thanks for the good wishes... it's a very small world (7 degrees of separation, etc....) which makes life fun... great games all over... who was your roommate at ISU? one of my daughters is studying education there now... I also have good college friends who have kids at Marist... great place to go to school... and good football.
my Maine West ISU roomie (one of a few) was Scott Hackbarth (mid 1980's; so I am old). My nephews played at Marist and LWE and I still follow the teams - great schools, great football - HUGE day tomorrow - the last time Marist played Naperville Central (2013 semi's) was a nightmare and the last time LWE played GBW (2012 7A ship) was also a nightmare - so hopefully something goes our way tomorrow!

my Maine West ISU roomie (one of a few) was Scott Hackbarth (mid 1980's; so I am old). My nephews played at Marist and LWE and I still follow the teams - great schools, great football - HUGE day tomorrow - the last time Marist played Naperville Central (2013 semi's) was a nightmare and the last time LWE played GBW (2012 7A ship) was also a nightmare - so hopefully something goes our way tomorrow!

I know the name, but don't know Scott personally... so much fun to watch high school football at a high level... good luck in both games and hope you get to go to two more games next weekend... if we are lucky enough to win, you should come to MW next weekend and I'll buy your ticket! enjoy... I'm old too... graduated from U of I (embarrassing sports now...) in '90.... my brother went to ISU in '92....

I know the name, but don't know Scott personally... so much fun to watch high school football at a high level... good luck in both games and hope you get to go to two more games next weekend... if we are lucky enough to win, you should come to MW next weekend and I'll buy your ticket! enjoy... I'm old too... graduated from U of I (embarrassing sports now...) in '90.... my brother went to ISU in '92....
Thanks for the invite. Batavia@ MW would be cool to see Best of luck tomorrow !!!

Reactions: illinigrim
I agree with regard to Richards, but not Shepard (37-pt. losers to Bulldogs). Also, B-Mac was on the Elmwood Park schedule. They demolished Eisenhower, who beat Evergreen.

Richards is just that good. Shepard probably wins last night in Normal if their quarterback doesn’t get hurt in the second half.

Oh well. Evergreen won by 38 tonight, further proving MC140’s point.

I saw WB play week 7(?) vs York and honestly could not understand them - I mean why they were so successful (other than having a tough gritty QB) - Absolutely no disrespect but they did not seem like a 9-0 team......and I saw Benet twice and thought very highly of them - so if MW can defeat them, I think WB could be had - not sure about the 3 players being out.

Was right there with you on Benet....

Richards is just that good. Shepard probably wins last night in Normal if their quarterback doesn’t get hurt in the second half.

Oh well. Evergreen won by 38 tonight, further proving MC140’s point.

It was actually one of our WR/DB who was our QB the first six weeks of the season. But yes it drastically changed the game offensively for us when he got hurt near the end of the first half. He was having a great game at WR which kept them from doubling our best player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT