ADVERTISEMENT

OFeetO Friday Upset Special........

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
I'm not sure if this thread is even relevant this year, but I'm nothing if not persistent. So here we go. For this weeks pick, (I apologize in advance) I'll take the #17 ranked Wolves of Prairie Ridge over the # 15 ranked and 2017 State Champion Wildcats of Philips. This game is at Gately, which will be a huge advantage to the Cats .It looks like everyone is picking Philips, and they are loaded on both sides of the ball. They score in bunches, and play fast, quality defense. BUT.... PR has some weapons of it's own. Willis is one of the strongest backs in the state, and he will pound the ball all day long. Not to mention that defense which is always one of the best in Illinois. I think the winner of this one goes all the way. Final score Prairie Ridge 24 - Philips 18. That's my upset. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

I'm not sure if this thread is even relevant this year, but I'm nothing if not persistent. So here we go. For this weeks pick, (I apologize in advance) I'll take the #17 ranked Wolves of Prairie Ridge over the # 15 ranked and 2017 State Champion Wildcats of Philips. This game is at Gately, which will be a huge advantage to the Cats .It looks like everyone is picking Philips, and they are loaded on both sides of the ball. They score in bunches, and play fast, quality defense. BUT.... PR has some weapons of it's own. Willis is one of the strongest backs in the state, and he will pound the ball all day long. Not to mention that defense which is always one of the best in Illinois. I think the winner of this one goes all the way. Final score Prairie Ridge 24 - Philips 18. That's my upset. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?
I like it!

I don't want CG to look past Kaneland, but I'm not sure who I want to see come out on that one. Feel free to beat each other up good.

Reactions: CG Fan
Still no love for Maine West on the board?

I'll pick the upset of Willowbrook and hope for the glass slipper to stay on for the team from Des Plaines!! 28-14 win....

Reactions: USD24
LWW over Simeon
This could happen. LWW has a November offense, but that can be a problem if they are chasing too many points. If their defense can keep Simeon mostly in the box, this would improve their chances. P.S. This game would be a perfect opportunity for the LWW announcer to drop his use of "Westside" when referring to his ex-urban school. Somehow I do not think Simeon will confuse western New Lenox with, say, Rockne Stadium near the real West Side.

Reactions: crusaderpride
If we are doing it by seeds, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Hilltoppers upset Marion!

I’m interested to see how the game plays out. I expect JCA to prevail but might give an idea of how tough they truly are.

Since many play the lower seed wins so it’s automatically an upset game on here, I’ll take the 16 seed, 6-4 Evergreen Park Mustangs, over the upstart 8-2 Elmwood Park Tigers in a matchup of former Southwest Suburban and Northeast Conference foes.

I don't know if I would consider any of those true "upsets"
Good deal. New to this so I didn't know we had to go out on an insane limb. I guess I'll just throw out crazy ones and see if they land next time.

Since many play the lower seed wins so it’s automatically an upset game on here, I’ll take the 16 seed, 6-4 Evergreen Park Mustangs, over the upstart 8-2 Elmwood Park Tigers in a matchup of former Southwest Suburban and Northeast Conference foes.
Hard to pick.EP Mustangs have played a slightly more difficult schedule

In the real world, Crete-Monee over Glenwood is NOT an upset, especially playing in Crete.

my picks for this week--- missed last week but still liked my LF over phillips pick.. Hard to find that many games which would truly be upsets but ill go with

1) OPRF over Brother Rice
2) Hononegh over WWS
3) CL South over Notre Dame

I think Rice will beat OPRF but they will get a much needed battle that they haven’t had since week one vs. Marist. MC will also have a much needed challenge this week vs Lake Zurich, but I think MC pulls it out, but not by these blowout scores some are predicting. I’ll go with Feeto with PR over Phillips

Evergreen Park had 7 teams on their schedule without a winning record including gaining 2 forfeit wins among those.

Evergreen Park goes 8-1 with Elmwood Parks schedule.

I agree with regard to Richards, but not Shepard (37-pt. losers to Bulldogs). Also, B-Mac was on the Elmwood Park schedule. They demolished Eisenhower, who beat Evergreen.

So we agree they would be 8-1 if they had Elmwood Park's schedule.

Reactions: woody6
Willowbrook has three players out I heard? That will help considerably if true

I believe they have two players out after being ejected for fighting from last week's game... one is their big DE and the other is their 3rd WR... either way, it's two players down...

they may have an injury or something else that I'm not aware of, it is late in the season and it takes a toll on the guys who play a lot... especially the two-way players....

MW is relatively healthy as they just got back a starting OL who missed the last two games with a broken finger...

both team rely pretty heavily on two-way players, so depth is an issue for both teams...

should be a good game!

Willowbrook has three players out I heard? That will help considerably if true
I saw WB play week 7(?) vs York and honestly could not understand them - I mean why they were so successful (other than having a tough gritty QB) - Absolutely no disrespect but they did not seem like a 9-0 team......and I saw Benet twice and thought very highly of them - so if MW can defeat them, I think WB could be had - not sure about the 3 players being out.

Reactions: EdgyTim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT