ADVERTISEMENT

No Cutler...

What are you on? 10 wins for the bears? Their starting lineman is someone Green Bay outright released, because they couldn't trade him for a kicking tee. You are probably the same guy who had the Illini in the Rose Bowl because they beat Murray State.

You'll see. Laugh now, make your jokes now.

2-14. With the moves they made, Operation Watson is in full effect. Sew up that QB spot for a decade. All 14 losses will be close losses by our try-hard Bears except for week one, but losses nonetheless. Houston 34 Bears 10.

Bears will trade their #1 pick next year for Goropolo (however you spell it). He'll have 1 year left next year, Brady has 5 more years left.

Bears 11-5. NFC North Champs.

I'll stick to the little guys,high school & college.I will not support a thug league who has no respect for police,military,the flag or my race who raise most of the "oppressed" from cradle to grave.

Reactions: PRokie
I'll stick to the little guys,high school & college.I will not support a thug league who has no respect for police,military,the flag or my race who raise most of the "oppressed" from cradle to grave.
This is exactly what's wrong with some people in this country and why we are where we are.

A QB does something you disagree with and, to you, the entire league is guilty of disrespect of the military, the police, the flag and your race. Come on man, you should know better than to make such a ridiculous and ignorant post. The first amendment is fine until someone says or does something you disagree with. Your closed-mindedness is showing. The funny thing is that I'll bet you say the same thing about those on the left who do what you are doing. You need to think about that.

I don't agree with what Kaepernick is doing either and feel there are other ways he can get his message out. But, it's his right to do so, like it or not. He is doing something I would never ever do, but it's his choice.

I'll at least listen to the other side. I may not agree but I won't cover my ears or walk away in the middle of the discussion. That appears to be how you and too many others are and that's a problem on both sides. Trust me when I say I look at a lot of opinions that differ from mine on issues.

If you think college football is without scandal or disrespect, in your words, you are really naive. I wouldn't be surprised if this starts to happen at that level and maybe even down to HS football too. A can of worms has been opened.

What are you on? 10 wins for the bears? Their starting lineman is someone Green Bay outright released, because they couldn't trade him for a kicking tee. You are probably the same guy who had the Illini in the Rose Bowl because they beat Murray State.
Unless Green Bay knows something the Bears don't (which is entirely possible) Josh Sitton at guard could be a huge pickup for any success this team may have. He can definitely add strength to the middle of the O line.

I have seen 12 Chicago sportswriters' predictions and none of them have the Bears going better than 8-8. Most of them have the Bears under .500. I still say with their schedule they can definitely find nine wins and possibly 10.

Reactions: Wild_Mustang
Ditto JChill.

I want to keep it popping up frequently but not too frequent. I have this picture of Edgy at his table eating toast and having coffee. Taking a slug of coffee, he checks in on his forums. And back on top is "No Cutler..." and Edgy spits out his coffee slaps his table and yells in a southern accent not the Jolietese he usually speaks but a deep southern drawl saying "Dangnabbit, I'ma lockin' that dang there Cutler thread. Who dat trying to mess with my mind". But then the rest of his day gets in the way and he forgets to. Then a Saturday or Sunday morning a month later, it pops to the top again and the scene repeats itself. Like a long running Groundhog Day. I have big dreams in my life

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Ditto JChill.

I want to keep it popping up frequently but not too frequent. I have this picture of Edgy at his table eating toast and having coffee. Taking a slug of coffee, he checks in on his forums. And back on top is "No Cutler..." and Edgy spits out his coffee slaps his table and yells in a southern accent not the Jolietese he usually speaks but a deep southern drawl saying "Dangnabbit, I'ma lockin' that dang there Cutler thread. Who dat trying to mess with my mind". But then the rest of his day gets in the way and he forgets to. Then a Saturday or Sunday morning a month later, it pops to the top again and the scene repeats itself. Like a long running Groundhog Day. I have big dreams in my life

That's funny stuff right there.

Reactions: RockSoup
2-14, maybe 4-12 at best. DeShaun Watson taken with 3rd or 4th pick

Bears front 7 is too 10 in NFL BSecondary stinks but their front 7 plus Vic Fangio will make them average.

Offense is average. They'll play mistake free, pound the ball, chew the clock and take advantage of teams mistakes.

11-5. DAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa BEARSZTH

If this team wins more than 5-6 games I'd be impressed.

And no DeShawn Watson wouldn't be my first pick. Haven't seen enough of all the other QBs out there but he doesn't have the arm strength to be an NFL QB not now at least

I cannot see matchup wise how the Bears have any chance today. Openers should be a time of optimism but all I see is Hou 34-10.

Neither have you. Hahaha.

Great to have you back again Corey.

Dr.
I never totally leave just hibernate some when football season is over. Even though we don't always agree on everything i do respect your opinions. Wish I was wrong about the Bears but it it looks like another stinker year. Well for me & my fellow Cub fans at least they are still looking good!

This is exactly what's wrong with some people in this country and why we are where we are.

A QB does something you disagree with and, to you, the entire league is guilty of disrespect of the military, the police, the flag and your race. Come on man, you should know better than to make such a ridiculous and ignorant post. The first amendment is fine until someone says or does something you disagree with. Your closed-mindedness is showing. The funny thing is that I'll bet you say the same thing about those on the left who do what you are doing. You need to think about that.

I don't agree with what Kaepernick is doing either and feel there are other ways he can get his message out. But, it's his right to do so, like it or not. He is doing something I would never ever do, but it's his choice.

I'll at least listen to the other side. I may not agree but I won't cover my ears or walk away in the middle of the discussion. That appears to be how you and too many others are and that's a problem on both sides. Trust me when I say I look at a lot of opinions that differ from mine on issues.

If you think college football is without scandal or disrespect, in your words, you are really naive. I wouldn't be surprised if this starts to happen at that level and maybe even down to HS football too. A can of worms has been opened.

I think your best post ever, and saying that is not meant to discount your football acumen. +1

Hopefully Cutler gets herded off to the Rams or Chargers soon to complete his Hollywood-ization.

2nd turnover for Cutler (fumble, interception) and 1 quarter to go.

You can count on Cutler for 3 turnovers per game.

The guy just plain sucks!

Wassup

Wassup

He actually averages 1.68 turnovers per game in his career. Sheesh, do some research!

Wassup
How many times does he gets hit, hell I would throw it away too. When has protection he plays well

Forte, Bennett, Slauson, Gould. Operation Watson in full effect. Signing Sitton is a stroke of genius. Keeps the NFL Competition Comittee off your back but guard (as important as all positions in football) is a low or zero impact difference maker. This is what doing the Cubs thing in the NFL looks like. Look at my preseason Bears' prediction. This is not terrible. 8 - 8 would've been terrible. Or should they go Lamar Jackson instead of Watson is the only question left.

Forte, Bennett, Slauson, Gould. Operation Watson in full effect. Signing Sitton is a stroke of genius. Keeps the NFL Competition Comittee off your back but guard (as important as all positions in football) is a low or zero impact difference maker. This is what doing the Cubs thing in the NFL looks like. Look at my preseason Bears' prediction. This is not terrible. 8 - 8 would've been terrible. Or should they go Lamar Jackson instead of Watson is the only question left.
I dunno about Jackson, those South Florida QBs (hes from Boynton Beach, FL) dont have much oomph in their arm delivery and tend to be frail e.g. Bridgewater and Geno Smith).

I dunno about Jackson, those South Florida QBs (hes from Boynton Beach, FL) dont have much oomph in their arm delivery and tend to be frail e.g. Bridgewater and Geno Smith).

Agree. Game, body, metrics, mechanics may not translate to NFL style but sure is fun to watch on Saturdays

So, here we go again with the "know-it-all" Chicago sportswriters. The long knives are being taken out once again for use against the QB, the OL, the RBs, the defense, the kicker, the head coach and who know who else. But not one I have read has the guts to say what is really wrong with this organization and has been for years. THE MCCASKEYS!!

Remember Jay Mariotti? No, I didn't care much for him either but he was by far the best at calling ownership out in that sports city when they deserved to be. And what happened? He was run out of town. The only sportswriter I ever saw who consistently had the guts to tell it the way it was.

I can write an entire litany here as to why this team doesn't win. And it far more than just talent.

So, with Hoyer looking to be the starter against Dallas what do you do? I am expecting an ass-whoopin' by the Cowboys. But suppose the Bears give them a good game and Hoyer does well. Do you start him the next game even if Cutler's ready? Now, let's really get crazy. Suppose the Bears beat Dallas and Hoyer does well. Do you start him in week 4?

So, with Hoyer looking to be the starter against Dallas what do you do? I am expecting an ass-whoopin' by the Cowboys. But suppose the Bears give them a good game and Hoyer does well. Do you start him the next game even if Cutler's ready? Now, let's really get crazy. Suppose the Bears beat Dallas and Hoyer does well. Do you start him in week 4?
Well sounds like Cutler won't be ready for a few weeks. But as soon as he's healthy, I'm putting him back in over Hoyer.

The Bears...the Bulls...both teams drastically need a change in ownership (philosophy or actual owners) and upper management.

There is no program, no system to plug guys into. There is just a group of players collected to sell as a middle of the pack team with shot at the playoffs that in reality performs as a low level team with a shot at the middle of the pack.

Cutler has had 6 offensive coordinators in the 8 years since he got here, with schemes ranging from Norv Turner to Mike Martz, Mike Tice, Trestman and Gase. The defense has shifted from a base Tampa 2, to a base Tampa 2 without the personal to run it, to a 3-4 in those same 8 years. Though I respect Jon Fox's/Vic Fangio's coaching ability and leadership, were they signed to be a long term system building coaches? Or as an insurance policy by a young, inexperienced GM looking to make sure he can last beyond 2 years in the role?

Unfortunately, I don't see it turning around until the collective cojones are there to accept and outline a rebuild plan. Why are the Cubs where they are? Because they said "we're going to suck for a few years, but here's why and when we'll start getting better", will we ever see that from the former Monsters of the Midway?

Reactions: Dr. Mirakle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT