Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings

Ok then, Jay will be the Bears 2016/17 starting QB.

Looks that way and it will be another losing season for our Bears. Hope you Cutler fans are happy. How many more years we have on that ridiculous contract? Boy I hate being right on this but I told you so. Bears will be losers until they make a complete change starting with Cutler.

I like the way Houston and Young played later in the year after they fully recovered from their respective injuries. I think they can fit on D moving forward. Young has a team friendly deal as well. D line needs to add more impact players and MLBs need help.

I think they cut Martellus.
I think they franchise Alshon.
Forte is gone if he wants to get paid.
Draft well again and make some good FA moves and we will see improvement again.

In this NFL they are not as far from 9-7/10-6 as some would lead you to believe.

I like the way Houston and Young played later in the year after they fully recovered from their respective injuries. I think they can fit on D moving forward. Young has a team friendly deal as well. D line needs to add more impact players and MLBs need help.

I think they cut Martellus.
I think they franchise Alshon.
Forte is gone if he wants to get paid.
Draft well again and make some good FA moves and we will see improvement again.

In this NFL they are not as far from 9-7/10-6 as some would lead you to believe.

So if we go th way of Corey we should cut Cutler start or Pick up Brock Osweiler, don't tweak the roster at all and this team should be s playoff contender. Am I reading this right?

How many truly franchise QB's are there in the NFL. Peyton, Brady, Rodgers then who? most of the others who are having good years have a hell of a lot more around them than Cutler has had. What would they do with a receiving corps of Mariani, Bellamy and Meridith?

By the way, have you met the Chicago Bears who hasn't had a franchise QB since Luckman.. And you expect we're going to just get one in the draft? Who in college would you suggest the Bears draft?

You guys are delusional..

So if we go th way of Corey we should cut Cutler start or Pick up Brock Osweiler, don't tweak the roster at all and this team should be s playoff contender. Am I reading this right?

No
I never said don't tweet the roster. Read the post please quit spinning it because you love Cutler

How many truly franchise QB's are there in the NFL. Peyton, Brady, Rodgers then who? most of the others who are having good years have a hell of a lot more around them than Cutler has had. What would they do with a receiving corps of Mariani, Bellamy and Meridith?

By the way, have you met the Chicago Bears who hasn't had a franchise QB since Luckman.. And you expect we're going to just get one in the draft? Who in college would you suggest the Bears draft?

You guys are delusional..

LWDad
All I am saying is we will never win with him. So far I have been spot on. We know what we have with him. He hasn't done it in 10 years in the league what makes you think he will now?

LWDad
All I am saying is we will never win with him. So far I have been spot on. We know what we have with him. He hasn't done it in 10 years in the league what makes you think he will now?

All I am saying is the quarterback position on this current roster is the least of your issues. You could go way way down the list before you replace this position.

Much like I asked last year if you dump him, what's the plan? The free agent market and draft class this year are worse than brutal.

I think we all agree that you can do better at that position. But if you are dead set on dumping him, what's the plan?

You drop Cutler like you would drop Albert Belle or Bobby Douglas.

You just need fresh air in the locker room right now.

How history repeats itself is incredible...

Bears fans fall in love with the big arm of Bobby Douglas and therefore we can't get rid of him,

Now Bear fans fall in love with the big arm of Jay Cutler and therefore we can't get rid of him.

History repeats itself.

So as a Bears fan you would be willing to be the Cleveland Browns for the next 3-4 years? Because clipping albeit a serviceable quarterback for David Fales of Brandon Weedon that's what your gonna get.

Bears fans fall in love with the big arm of Bobby Douglas and therefore we can't get rid of him,

Now Bear fans fall in love with the big arm of Jay Cutler and therefore we can't get rid of him.

History repeats itself.

History repeats itself.
Never say never. Just when I think this conversation can't get any more ridiculous it does. Really? Comparing Cutler to Bobby Douglass is the most asinine thing I have read in months. I don't know how long you have been around but I remember Bobby Douglass. Had a chance to meet him 20+ years ago and he was a nice guy but a horrible QB. I mean horrible.

His career completion percentage was 43%...42% with the Bears. He threw 36 career TD passes while throwing 64 INTs. I don't remember ANY Bear fan being in love with anything Douglass brought to the table..including his arm. When you talk about worst QBs in Bears history he has to be in the conversation somewhere. I do know he scrambled and ran a lot. Mostly because he was running for his life. But he was a tough QB too. He had to be. The Bears of that era were the worst I ever saw them. They were awful. The offense was real bad.

I also do not remember the Bears feeling like the had to keep him. I doubt there were many long term contracts being signed in football in those days. To make a comparison like this further shows your ignorance on the subject.

All I am saying is the quarterback position on this current roster is the least of your issues. You could go way way down the list before you replace this position.

Much like I asked last year if you dump him, what's the plan? The free agent market and draft class this year are worse than brutal.

I think we all agree that you can do better at that position. But if you are dead set on dumping him, what's the plan?
Newt:

I have been watching your posts on this subject. I don't know how many times you have asked these guys what the plan is if you dump Cutler. You have never gotten a coherent answer and you never will. You guys want to dump Cutler, fine? We'll listen. But, what is your plan from there and who exactly do you want to replace him with? Give us a name and make it someone who the Bears can realistically get. Then we can talk.

On another subject we have a guy saying let Forte go. I wouldn't be too quick to let him go. I think he has one or two good years left. No one expects him to rush for 1,500 yards. Maybe not even 1,000. But if the money is right he can bring some real value to the team. I realize he was injured this year but his rushing attempts have been down the last couple of years. His reception yards and catches were way down from 2014. I don't think that is a bad thing. I think the guy can still play a solid number of downs while helping the younger RBs. We'll see what the money says.

Newt:

I have been watching your posts on this subject. I don't know how many times you have asked these guys what the plan is if you dump Cutler. You have never gotten a coherent answer and you never will. You guys want to dump Cutler, fine? We'll listen. But, what is your plan from there and who exactly do you want to replace him with? Give us a name and make it someone who the Bears can realistically get. Then we can talk.

On another subject we have a guy saying let Forte go. I wouldn't be too quick to let him go. I think he has one or two good years left. No one expects him to rush for 1,500 yards. Maybe not even 1,000. But if the money is right he can bring some real value to the team. I realize he was injured this year but his rushing attempts have been down the last couple of years. His reception yards and catches were way down from 2014. I don't think that is a bad thing. I think the guy can still play a solid number of downs while helping the younger RBs. We'll see what the money says.

So if the Bears offered Cutler for Oswelier straight up do you think Denver would trade?

So if the Bears offered Cutler for Oswelier straight up do you think Denver would trade?

I'd consider it but I also wouldn't tie my future to Brock Osweiler.

Denver would also not make this deal.

Osweiler is a good/serviceable player but not one you can win a title with. Same can be said for Cutler.

If you're serious about building this thing the right way then it's a complete overhaul.

Someone asked what I would do.....

I would start by stockpiling draft picks. Secondly I would build my offensive and defensive lines. A great offensive line can make many a QB look real good ~ example is in Minnesota. Only o-line in the league this year to start all 16 games with the same 5.

Next I would draft quarterbacks - not one but multiple - see Washington football team for example.

The best teams in this here NFL have quarterbacks that develop in their system. I believe only Alex Smith, Brian Hoyer Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer are in the playoffs with different teams.

Seattle, Minnesota, Carolina, Green Bay, Cincinnati - teams with fairly sustained success (Minnesota not so much) have built through the draft.

It would take time. But I'm not interested as a fan at winning only one super bowl or getting there once.

That's my plan and no Brock Osweiler couldn't make this happen. Three years he will be mired on someone's bench again.

Corey:

I don't know if you saw the game yesterday but Osweiler got benched in favor of Manning when the Broncos were struggling against San Diego. If the Broncos had counted on Osweiler to beat the Chargers the Broncos would now be a wild card team in the playoffs instead of the AFC West division winner and number 1 seed going in. The Broncos were at home and San Diego was a team decimated by injuries.

I don't think Osweiler is bad. But I have to agree with Newt and we have to speak in the real world. A deal between Osweiler and Cutler isn't going to get discussed by anyone from either team. But, if for some insane reason it does come up between the two teams I would be happy to discuss it then. No sense in wasting time on something that has no chance of happening.

If you're serious about building this thing the right way then it's a complete overhaul. .

Right!, If your serious about rebuilding blow it up and do it now. Bye Cutler, bye Forte.

Don't worry about the replacements, it will work out. I like our two other running backs anyhow right now.

You can't do these White Sox patch/rebuilds every year and expect to ever have a Championship team. It will not work. Rather it's a ticket to lifelong mediocrity. You cannot build Championship teams anymore through Free Agency. Free Agency = A Franchise Weakness in Selecting Draft Picks.

You win Championships through Draft Picks and later fill holes with a few Free Agents.

Force the Issue - Drop Cutler & Forte, Force a total rebuild now and the sooner we will be on track for a Championship season like in '85.

Again, don't worry about the replacements, it will happen naturally through the process of competition.

Wassup

Right!, If your serious about rebuilding blow it up and do it now. Bye Cutler, bye Forte.

Don't worry about the replacements, it will work out. I like our two other running backs anyhow right now.

Again, don't worry about the replacements, it will happen naturally through the process of competition.

Wassup
Well, Wassup, I can say this is a reason guys like you don't run organizations like this and I hope you don't run any organization.

But with that said I half agree with you. Here's why. When you talk about dumping Forte, we can see possible replacements in the picture. With Cutler there isn't one and, again, you have no plan if that happened.

In all the years I have watched press conferences on TV, or the internet and read statements in the paper or on the internet of Owners, GMs and head coaches I have never ONCE heard or read ANY of them to say, "we are dumping our starting QB. We aren't worried about the replacements and you shouldn't be either. It will work out." I have heard them say the job is open, but, that means it's between two guys they like.

If you are going to dump someone as important as the QB you had better damned well have a plan and another guy you think is ready to step in. An injury is one thing, but getting rid of a guy on purpose is another.

OK it's obvious...you want to dump Cutler. Fine. I don't disagree totally with that. But for the umpteenth time WHO is the guy you want to come in? Name the guy. Because if the Bears were to do that, you can bet they will have someone in mind they think can do the job for a whole season. Do you want Johnny Football? Looks like he may be available. I just want you to name the replacement. I can guarantee you this much. If they dumped Cutler without a good replacement that team will have trouble winning three games next year.

But this is all moot, correct? The Bears are keeping Cutler for 2016. It is in those papers you say I read upside down. However, Case did say that the Bears are going to draft the best player available in the first round. If it's a QB then they are getting the QB. If it is a QB, Cutler has two schools of thought on the subject and they both make sense.

I do think the Bears have a lot of other positions to shore up first before QB. I would use picks for those need first. We have Cutler for at least one more year. I wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of him yet.

You can't do these White Sox patch/rebuilds every year and expect to ever have a Championship team. It will not work. Rather it's a ticket to lifelong mediocrity. You cannot build Championship teams anymore through Free Agency. Free Agency = A Franchise Weakness in Selecting Draft Picks.

You win Championships through Draft Picks and later fill holes with a few Free Agents.

Force the Issue - Drop Cutler & Forte, Force a total rebuild now and the sooner we will be on track for a Championship season like in '85.

Wassup

I agree with you Newt & Dr.

Total gut job. Stock up your draft picks and build your OL & DL. Trade or cut Cutler and Forte. Start over. Maybe Brock isn't the answer? We haven't seen enough of him to totally slam the door on this young guy with potential. Your right the Broncos would never trade him for Cutler. They already know what Cutler is all about. We know what we have in Cutler and I don't see us going anywhere with him. Start the rebuild maybe we can get back to being competitive again. I said the Cutler resigning would set the Bears back 6 years, maybe if we start now it will only be 4 years?

I guess just maybe, just maybe it may be hard for me to evaluate Jay Cutler....

I mean I just watched QB Justin Blake at Montini put up stats this year like....

35 TD's / 1 Interception / 2,500+ Total Yards

Wassup

Last edited:
I guess just maybe, just maybe it may be hard for me to evaluate Jay Cutler....

I mean I just watched QB Justin Blake at Montini put up stats this year like....

35 TD's / 1 Interception / 2,500+ Total Yards

Wassup
With all due respect, these are high school numbers and meaningless to this subject...unless Montini played Green Bay, Minnesota, Denver and Kansas City among others.

2016/17 opponents for Bears.

Home

Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
San Francisco 49ers
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings

Away
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
19-0

Over the past few years if I were the Bears I would have done anything I could to move Garoppolo in as Bears starting QB and Cutler off the team. I really liked what I saw from Garoppolo while playing at Eastern Illinois.

Wassup

Here are my wins and losses for the Bears....

at Houston - WIN (1-0)
vs Philadelphia - WIN (2-0)
at Dallas - LOSS (2-1)
vs Detroit - WIN (3-1)
at Indianapolis - WIN (4-1)
vs Jacksonville - WIN (5-1)
at Green Bay - LOSS (5-2)
vs Minnesota - WIN (6-2)
at Tampa Bay - WIN (7-2)
at New York Giants - LOSS (7-3)
vs Tennessee - WIN (8-3)
vs San Francisco - WIN (9-3)
at Detroit - LOSS (9-4)
vs Green Bay - WIN (10-4)
vs Washington - WIN (11-4)
at Minnesota - LOSS (11-5)

The Bears will be A LOT better than last year. You have to realize they went 6-10 with their first 3 games being against three Super Bowl contenders, they started off 0-3. Their schedule is easier, a lot easier than last year. I counted 6 games where they should have won, they literally had the game but they just didn't have the talent to get a defensive stop...Minnesota, Detroit (TWICE!), Washington, Denver, 49ers (Blane F'n Gabbert!)

John Fox in his 2nd year has a history of taking a major leap from his first year. He's a top NFL coach, he gets the very best out of every player. 11-5 gentlemen, get pumped.

Jags over Bears by 10
Jags make playoffs this year also

at Houston - WIN (1-0)
at Dallas - LOSS (2-1)
vs Detroit - WIN (3-1)
vs Minnesota - WIN (6-2)
at Tampa Bay - WIN (7-2)
vs Tennessee - WIN (8-3)
at Detroit - LOSS (9-4)

The Bears will be A LOT better than last year. You have to realize they went 6-10 with their first 3 games being against three Super Bowl contenders, they started off 0-3. Their schedule is easier, a lot easier than last year. I counted 6 games where they should have won, they literally had the game but they just didn't have the talent to get a defensive stop...Minnesota, Detroit (TWICE!), Washington, Denver, 49ers (Blane F'n Gabbert!)

John Fox in his 2nd year has a history of taking a major leap from his first year. He's a top NFL coach, he gets the very best out of every player. 11-5 gentlemen, get pumped.

I honestly don't know where some of you guys get the idea Jacksonville is going to make the playoffs. I can see a very good possibility this teams goes 0-5 to start the season. Maybe 1-4 with Indy visiting. And the Raiders in week 7 is no gimmie for them. And after that they still have to play in Kansas City, in Indianapolis, in Detroit and in Houston. Oh yeah and they also have Denver and Minnesota at home too after the start. I don't see it.

at Houston - WIN (1-0)
at Dallas - LOSS (2-1)
vs Detroit - WIN (3-1)
vs Minnesota - WIN (6-2)
at Tampa Bay - WIN (7-2)
vs Tennessee - WIN (8-3)
at Detroit - LOSS (9-4)

Wild:

I am pretty close to you here. I think the Houston game isn't going to be easy and they could lose that one. But, I think they sweep Detroit this year. Outside of the division it appears to be a pretty easy schedule. However, in the NFL you just never know year to year.

Wild:

I am pretty close to you here. I think the Houston game isn't going to be easy and they could lose that one. But, I think they sweep Detroit this year. Outside of the division it appears to be a pretty easy schedule. However, in the NFL you just never know year to year.

I agree with what you say about Houston but I think they win. Fox coached/drafted Osweiler and played against him last year. They're ready for him.

I think Detroit is a 7-9, 9-7 team. They'll be better than last year. The whole NFC North is good. Probably best division in Football. I see the Bears, Packers and Vikings all winning 10 or more games. Can 3 teams from the same division make the playoffs? Division winner and 2 wild cards. Doubt it. Someone will be left out that has a good record, maybe a better record than another division winner.

I can't wait for the NFL to start.

Yeah, I will take the local kid Garoppolo easy over Cutler anytime!!!

Wassup

I lost that Vegas bet...

I thought Robbie Gould would easily outlast Jay Cutler as a Bear.

Wassup

I agree with what you say about Houston but I think they win. Fox coached/drafted Osweiler and played against him last year. They're ready for him.

I think Detroit is a 7-9, 9-7 team. They'll be better than last year. The whole NFC North is good. Probably best division in Football. I see the Bears, Packers and Vikings all winning 10 or more games. Can 3 teams from the same division make the playoffs? Division winner and 2 wild cards. Doubt it. Someone will be left out that has a good record, maybe a better record than another division winner.

I can't wait for the NFL to start.
What are you on? 10 wins for the bears? Their starting lineman is someone Green Bay outright released, because they couldn't trade him for a kicking tee. You are probably the same guy who had the Illini in the Rose Bowl because they beat Murray State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT