ADVERTISEMENT

No Cutler...

Clausen was not even a good college QB.

Why are both of these bozo's (Cutler & Clausen) even on the Bears roster?

This city is still the laughing stock of the NFL.

Reactions: ignazio
Bears will have Cutty next year. He's the best available, no good FA QB's this year or next year. They'll have to draft a QB but they have SO MANY other needs than QB. They need LB's, DB's and OL.

I'm not defending him at all, he's a turd but we're stuck with this turd for another year. I'd rather have Cutler the Turd than Jimmy Clausen or a guy like him. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Draft Jared Goff and let him develop while the Cutler contract runs out.

I agree, Wild. So many holes all over the field. McPhee looked good today, but he'll be gone when the Bears are worth watching again.

Bears will have Cutty next year. He's the best available, no good FA QB's this year or next year. They'll have to draft a QB but they have SO MANY other needs than QB. They need LB's, DB's and OL.

I'm not defending him at all, he's a turd but we're stuck with this turd for another year. I'd rather have Cutler the Turd than Jimmy Clausen or a guy like him. It is what it is.

Wild,

At that price, it would be ridiculous to keep him. We are going to be bad next year, and having Cutler will not make any difference. Better to use the Cutler Money to sign other players to fill other needs. Hopefully, over the next 2 years, they can draft a top tier QB. Until then, roll with the best free agent out there.

Wild,

At that price, it would be ridiculous to keep him. We are going to be bad next year, and having Cutler will not make any difference. Better to use the Cutler Money to sign other players to fill other needs. Hopefully, over the next 2 years, they can draft a top tier QB. Until then, roll with the best free agent out there.
Signing FAs is not getting them out of this hole. Years of good drafting in the only way.

Wow
Still same old Cutler talk.
Well Dr.
Cutler still sucks and will
suck his entire career. I told you this for 2 years now. The Bears suck and will suck until they fix the position.
ND Jimmy
Ain't the answer lol

Signing FAs is not getting them out of this hole. Years of good drafting in the only way.

SIUCub,

I am not suggesting that FAs will solve problem, but rather use them to get thru the bottoming out process. How does wasting money on Cutty move us forward? What I am suggesting is that we not pay Cutler (use that money wiser) and look to the draft for a top tier QB. If one not available in next years draft, then we are no worse going with FAs until we can draft a top tier QB.

We are going to be bad for a while, so should not be looking for quick fix, nor waste money on Cutler. Kinda like the Cub's model.

SIUCub,

I am not suggesting that FAs will solve problem, but rather use them to get thru the bottoming out process. How does wasting money on Cutty move us forward? What I am suggesting is that we not pay Cutler (use that money wiser) and look to the draft for a top tier QB. If one not available in next years draft, then we are no worse going with FAs until we can draft a top tier QB.

We are going to be bad for a while, so should not be looking for quick fix, nor waste money on Cutler. Kinda like the Cub's model.
Jay or no Jay, the Bears are going to be bad until they can put together multiple good drafts.
Jay actually helps get through the bottoming out process, contrary to popluar belief there are much worse QBs in the NFL. His contract isn't bad anymore and I would rather not toss a rookie (if they drafted one) into the fire next year at least not from day 1. I'm not sure why people actully care about Jay, he's here for another season tops and doesn't factor into any senario moving forward past next year. Focusing on Jay is not seeing the big picture. They have to draft better and for a few years.....

Not 1 player from their 2010 draft is on the team.......not 1 player. Jay is a part of the problem, but I'd rather they draft OL/DL/LB's and DB's early and get a QB in the 3rd round or later. You can't win games with bad LB's and bad DB's and an ok offensive line.

I do like their defensive line, they're young and defend the run well, they just need to get a better pass rush. Ego Ferguson, Eddie Goldman and Will Sutton are good draft picks. Now, they just need to draft some LB's and DB's.

Come on....its not all Cutler's fault....he is actually a good quarterback. He has a great arm...Bears should bring in Tim Tebo until Cutler can win position back.

Reactions: illini14
Wow
Still same old Cutler talk.
Well Dr.
Cutler still sucks and will
suck his entire career. I told you this for 2 years now. The Bears suck and will suck until they fix the position.
ND Jimmy
Ain't the answer lol
And I have told you for two years that fixing the QB position alone isn't going to change anything. The Bears have given up the most points in the NFL so far and will probably end up in the top three for that dubious distinction. No QB could win in Chicago with that defense. If you feel differently name the QB. The Bears have a LOT of problems and QB isn't the only one.

Come on....its not all Cutler's fault....he is actually a good quarterback. He has a great arm...Bears should bring in Tim Tebo until Cutler can win position back.
Actually I wish they would. He's better than Clausen.

Actually I wish they would. He's better than Clausen.
Yes. They should go full throwback and run 35 times/game. Its not like any receivers are catching anything - this is worse than the Baschnagel era. I here Forte is nect to be flipped, though.

Makes sense to trade Forte. They need to go full rebuild mode.

The fire sale is on with Bostic and Allen gone. Rumor is, Forte and Cutler are on the block. But the Bears have been looking to move Cutler as long as the Hawks were looking to move Patrick Sharp. You gotta find someone to take him and pick up at least part of that salary.

Nobody out there wants Albert Belle or Bobby Douglas (aka Cutler).

The QB I want on the Bears is the young Jimmy Garapolo (Patriots/Eastern Illinois University). Also want Cook from MSU but will settle for either one of these.

Wassup

Last edited:
Makes sense to trade Forte. They need to go full rebuild mode.

I've already talked to a relative of Forte and told him Forte needs to leave the Bears. He's the only good player on a team that does not have a clue how to run a team. I told him if Green Bay makes an offer, take it.

Wassup

The fire sale is on with Bostic and Allen gone. Rumor is, Forte and Cutler are on the block. But the Bears have been looking to move Cutler as long as the Hawks were looking to move Patrick Sharp. You gotta find someone to take him and pick up at least part of that salary.

Fire sales don't happen in NFL.

I've already talked to a relative of Forte and told him Forte needs to leave the Bears. He's the only good player on a team that does not have a clue how to run a team. I told him if Green Bay makes an offer, take it.

Wassup

He's the only good player on the team? That is simply not true.
What offer is GB going to make to Forte? They have their RB. Why would they overpay for a RB that will be past the dreaded age of 30? GB also hardly ever dips into FA.
So after 1 draft and 3 games you have concluded that the FO and coaching staff do not know how to run a team?

So after 1 draft and 3 games you have concluded that the FO and coaching staff do not know how to run a team?

No, I still consider this part of the Bears Cutler Era and really don't consider a new regime starting to build until this cancer is gone.

Wassup
Revenge for the Elijah Pitts trade?

Wassup13
Is right get rid of the Cutler cancer.
If getting rid of Cutler was as easy as you and Wassup seem to think don't you believe it should have happened by now? You guys act like the new coaching staff WANTS to keep Cutler and that's the reason he stays. I believe the opposite is true as evidenced last March when they were looking for another QB. You need to deal in reality.

There is no way in hell they are going to flat out release him. And no one is going to pick up part of that salary. I think the Bears are going to take the first decent offer. Maybe it doesn't have to be that decent. But you guys act as if this is like trading in a car at the car lot. It just isn't that simple.

And yes SIU fire sales do happen in the NFL when teams cut salaries and that is what the Bears are attempting to do...sort of hahaha!

I'm good with starting Fales. Let's see what he can do.

Meanwhile the Bears next playoff QB is now still playing college ball. What a waste of a new contract -- Cutler, which does nothing for the Bears future.

I'm good with starting Fales. Let's see what he can do.

Meanwhile the Bears next playoff QB is now still playing college ball. What a waste of a new contract -- Cutler, which does nothing for the Bears future.

If people on this site remember I said the signing of Cutler set the Bears back 6 years.? Look what's going on. Yes the Bears need a lot of help, the signing of Cutler was the worst decision in football and a lot of people gave me flack for only focusing on Cutler. In my opinion the signing of Cutler ruined the Bears! 6 years to be a playoff team again.

lol
Your right poor draft picks. It had nothing to do with signing Cutler. Let's get rid of the entire team keep Cutler and see how that works out. Unbelievable
If you think the Bears are in their current situation solely because of Cutler and not years of very very poor drafting I question your knowledge of the NFL. The Bears have arguably the most talent deficient roster in NFL. You know how that happens? Years and years of poor drafting. Jay doesn't matter today, tomorrow, next year. The only way out of this hole is years of good drafting. To blame the state of the Bears on Cutler is a very meathead point of view. None of this is defending Cutler, he doesn't matter. He will be a footnote when this team is ready to compete again.

Reactions: PowerI66
I agree the signing Cutler to the new contract was a bad move, but the terrible drafting and player development is a much bigger problem.

If you think the Bears are in their current situation solely because of Cutler and not years of very very poor drafting I question your knowledge of the NFL. The Bears have arguably the most talent deficient roster in NFL. You know how that happens? Years and years of poor drafting. Jay doesn't matter today, tomorrow, next year. The only way out of this hole is years of good drafting. To blame the state of the Bears on Cutler is a very meathead point of view. None of this is defending Cutler, he doesn't matter. He will be a footnote when this team is ready to compete again.

I never said poor draft picks had nothing to do with the state of the Bears. I said signing Cutler was a bonehead stupid business move that will set the Bears back 6 years. By the way by signing and spending all that money on him how could that possibly help sign draft picks? Quit trying to protect that loser. Let's get rid of him and start building a team for the future. He is not the future.

I never said poor draft picks had nothing to do with the state of the Bears. I said signing Cutler was a bonehead stupid business move that will set the Bears back 6 years. By the way by signing and spending all that money on him how could that possibly help sign draft picks? Quit trying to protect that loser. Let's get rid of him and start building a team for the future. He is not the future.

Signing Cutler hurt them in signing draft picks? Huh????

I said I wasn't defending him and that he doesn't matter because he won't be part of the next playoff team.

Last edited:
Cutler was a good signing for the Cubs. With Cutler nobody cares about the Bears and everybody cares about the Cubs in October. Yes, I said the Cubs, the team that usually starts their season in April and is mathematically eliminated by the end of May. Great marketing move for the Cubs.

Steve Bartman, you gotta go to a playoff game! The Edgy board will pay for your ticket, just don't try to catch any baseballs.

ADVERTISEMENT