ADVERTISEMENT

No Cutler...

Pernell McPhee, Matt Forte, Brandon Marshall, Jared Allen, Julius Peppers, Jermon Bushrod, Lamar Houston......

I could go on and on and on and on. There are here players on this list thy cut and ate over $40m in contract dollars guaranteed.

That's not cheap that's dumb.

Okay I can by stupid!!!

Yes he did Newt. But you won't hear it from the Cutler haters here. He has been playing well for quite a while and the improvement from last year is immense. The silence is deafening and I love it. F**k the Packers.
I don't know how anyone could be anti-Jay at this juncture. He's playing great football, even seems like he's losing the punch me face. No way you have any other QB in 2016 with the blah draft class and glaring needs elsewhere.

And my lord how I love this staff

He's basically played half the year with no WRs. The bigger story is Fangio making the D respectable while still being talent deficient. I look forward to seeing the D with more talent.

Even when Cutler wasn't playing this well, I never heard anyone present a solid case for who should replace him.

Pick up the best QB you can in the draft (considering all other needs first!)(cross your fingers that you made the right choice) and be happy with Cutler as the best Bears QB in years.

About half the teams in the NFL every year would be better off with Cutler than their starter. Bears with JC better than Bears without JC.

Reactions: Dr. Mirakle
This goes to show you what can happen when you have a defense that plays well and keeps you in the game. If this game had been a Green Bay blowout with the Packers scoring 38 points, the Cutler haters would be out in full force, blaming him. Even if he had played the exact game that he did. Yes, I am definitely giving the defense some credit here because they deserve it too.

Last edited:
Even when Cutler wasn't playing this well, I never heard anyone present a solid case for who should replace him.

Pick up the best QB you can in the draft (considering all other needs first!)(cross your fingers that you made the right choice) and be happy with Cutler as the best Bears QB in years.

About half the teams in the NFL every year would be better off with Cutler than their starter. Bears with JC better than Bears without JC.
Agree totally.

Maybe Cutlers biggest win of his career.
Talk to me when he wins games that matter. He has won games his entire career when the games didn't matter. I will believe it when he wins games that have meaning like needing the win to get into the playoffs or wins in the playoffs. I like that he finally got a win against Greenbay but I am not a believer. I do like how our defense played especially the secondary. Porter look really good.
Go Bears!

Jay's 2016 cap hit is 15th among QBs. Sounds good to me....
No question Cutler had a good year this year. You look at all of the injuries to receivers and it becomes amazing. Good articles about that in the Trib and Sun-Times recently too. I have a close friend who is a Cutler hater and it he has been quiet all year. Just like the Cutler haters here. I have enjoyed that.

Bears have lots of work to do to be more competitive. But I still like the direction they are going. They have also played nine teams with winning records and no other team in the league has played more. Things are getting better and before you know it they will be on top of that division.

Reactions: anon_4vszfu35bv677
No question Cutler had a good year this year. You look at all of the injuries to receivers and it becomes amazing. Good articles about that in the Trib and Sun-Times recently too. I have a close friend who is a Cutler hater and it he has been quiet all year. Just like the Cutler haters here. I have enjoyed that.

Bears have lots of work to do to be more competitive. But I still like the direction they are going. They have also played nine teams with winning records and no other team in the league has played more. Things are getting better and before you know it they will be on top of that division.

Lol
Cutler again? It's not that us Cutler haters are quiet because he had a good year? What's the Bears record? I have said all along he will win nothing and yes you will continue to say it's not Cutler. I agree it's not all Cutler but the fact is he is a loser and will never win anything meaningful. We will have the same conversation again next year. I said the Bears will win nothing with him for the past 2 years and here we are again with the Bears in the toilet. Regardless what you say he hasn't and won't win anything. Doesn't he have like 1 playoff win in his 9 year career with two different teams? That's a sign of a real winner. Let's see how he and the Bears do next year. I am positive we will have the same results and you will continue to say it's not Cutler. He is a cancer on the team and the sooner the Bears cut the cancer out the better. Cutler is no leader & regardless what you say the players don't respect this guy. Never have and never will.

Now let's hear the insults and how he has no help and it's stupid to think it's just Cutler and bla bla bla. I know it's not just Cutler I also believe he is a cancer and will never win anything meaningful regardless.

Cutler's little success this year is due to the coaches drastically reducing his throwing intermediate to long passes this year compared to years past. They are more concentrated with the running game. The head coach has a leash on Cutler because he has no other choice until they get a real QB.

Wassup

I guess I'd like to know what "real QB" are out there to get? In the upcoming draft do you want Connor Cook? Jared Goff? Paxton Lynch? Yah me neither.

In the NFL right now would you rather have TJ Yates? AJ McCarron? Brock Osweiler? Blaine Gaebert? Brandon Weidon?

Cutler is far from elite but he's better than most of the garbage starting in his league right now

I guess I'd like to know what "real QB" are out there to get? In the upcoming draft do you want Connor Cook? Jared Goff? Paxton Lynch? Yah me neither.

In the NFL right now would you rather have TJ Yates? AJ McCarron? Brock Osweiler? Blaine Gaebert? Brandon Weidon?

Cutler is far from elite but he's better than most of the garbage starting in his league right now

I would trade Cutler for ? Brock Osweiler straight up!

I would trade Cutler for ? Brock Osweiler straight up!

And Brock has won what exactly? Loser at Asu and hasn't been very good at all with a Denver team that is loaded Keith talent.

How would Osweiler look with this Bears defense and throwing the ball to Mariani, Meredith and Zach Miller.

I understand what you mean but to me this is the way the Chicago Cubs hierarchy used to think for the last 100 years and never won anything.

Although I do like the Cubs current regime who realized change is good and likely as a result a dynasty will begin in this New Year.

Wassup

I understand what you mean but to me this is the way the Chicago Cubs hierarchy used to think for the last 100 years and never won anything.

Although I do like the Cubs current regime who realized change is good and likely as a result a dynasty will begin in this New Year.

Wassup

Exactly Wassup
I would rather work with potential and a 6'8 quarterback with a good arm than a quarterback like Cutler who has won nothing since he has been in the league.
Time to move on! The rest of the NFL thinks Cutler and the Bears are a joke. Pains me to say it but they are right. We need a fresh start get rid of the bumb!

For fun let's substitute the word "Joakim Noah" for "Cutler".

===

Noah is far from elite but he's better than most of the garbage starting in his league right now

Have you seen this kid #5 who the Bulls got a steal by going late in the 1st round of last year's draft.

He is 6'11', can rebound, post up big men, shoot the 3 and run the floor. (Noah cannot shoot, post up any big men or score).

His name is Bobby Portis.

This is the kind of guy you look for when rebuilding.

Exactly Wassup
I would rather work with potential and a 6'8 quarterback with a good arm than a quarterback like Cutler who has won nothing since he has been in the league.
Time to move on! The rest of the NFL thinks Cutler and the Bears are a joke. Pains me to say it but they are right. We need a fresh start get rid of the bumb!
Corey: You know we agree on a lot of things. But I have to be honest here. This is a little silly. I agree that Cutler hasn't won anything yet and neither have most of the QBs in the league. So, that point doesn't carry much weight. On the other hand you cannot say Cutler doesn't have potential and a good arm. I have seen the guy play live and if there is a QB in the league with a better arm, point him out. Name the teams that think the Bears and Cutler are a joke. Show me who actually said that.

You have been asked numerous times to name another QB who can come here right now and win something. So far, you haven't given us a single name. And you won't be able to because ANY QB needs a good supporting cast to win something...wouldn't you agree? I am saying again that NO QB in football can come here and win right now. We just don't have the manpower.

I never said I think Cutler will win a SB. But it is because he simply doesn't have enough talent around him to do so. If Rex Grossman can go to a SB, then Cutler definitely can. Difference is, Grossman played in a time when the Bears had one of the best defenses in the game. If the Bears give up 27 points tomorrow they will have given up 400 points again. Look at all of the teams in the playoffs. The "Skins have to give up 44 points to get to 400. No other team in the playoffs is even close to giving up 400. It starts with the defense. It always starts with the defense.

Just please do me a favor and admit you don't like Cutler no matter what he does. Wassup you can do that too. Just be truthful. I laugh because you two just CAN'T bring yourselves to EVER give Cutler credit and admit he had a good year. Maybe not a championship year but a good one. In the past when he had a terrible game I would agree he had a terrible game. Now you two can come forward. I may sound like the dentist but I promise it won't hurt.

Last edited:
And Brock has won what exactly? Loser at Asu and hasn't been very good at all with a Denver team that is loaded Keith talent.

How would Osweiler look with this Bears defense and throwing the ball to Mariani, Meredith and Zach Miller.
Newt:

I agree totally. Some guys just don't get it and refuse to expand their knowledge of the situation. You can't have an open conversation when you're dealing with a closed mind on the other end of that conversation.

On the other hand you cannot say Cutler doesn't have potential and a good arm.

You mean like "Bobby Douglas". Great arm, no potential though.

Name the teams that think the Bears and Cutler are a joke

Everybody that lives in Green Bay knows Cutler is a joke.

I never said I think Cutler will win a SB

If a player cannot win you a Championship, than that is code word for pack your bags and leave.

Just please do me a favor and admit you don't like Cutler no matter what he does.

I saw enough of Cutler in Denver and knew then I did not like him.

I know I'm not Corey but wanted to answer the questions too.

Wassup

Newt:

I agree totally. Some guys just don't get it and refuse to expand their knowledge of the situation. You can't have an open conversation when you're dealing with a closed mind on the other end of that conversation.

Dr. Miracle,

Well we know "Your Way" with Cutler at the helm....

1) Has not worked for 7 years now.
2) The team's offense is ranked 14th out of 16 teams in the NFC in points scored
3) and after those 7 years they are winning a mere 40% of their games (Close to that winning percentage of the Cubs over the past 100 years)

the other way has not been tried yet.

Other Advice...

Stop reading your newspaper upside down. The Bears are in last place, not 1st place in their division.

Wassup

Last edited:
Wassup:

I know what place the Bears are in. Where we disagree on is how they got there. You are blaming Cutler alone and I am saying it starts with defense. You just can't man up and admit Cutler has had a good year. This discussion is on the year Cutler is having.

Who has the longest running winning streak in the NFL currently? The Chiefs and Cardinals with nine. BOTH teams have given up less than 300 points. But let's look at the Chiefs streak. How has that defense done in those nine games? They have averaged giving up 12 points a game. I don't care who your QB is, if you are giving up only 12 points a game you WILL win. Before their winning streak they were giving up 26.5 points a game. Smith has thrown more TDs during the streak and one less INT during it. His play hasn't been night and day before and after. The difference is the D.

Now, go look at the stats of Alex Smith, the QB of KC, and compare them to Cutler's stats and you will see that they are VERY close in every category. So, why is the Chiefs record 10-5 while the Bears are sitting at 6-9? It sure as hell isn't the quarterbacks. You need to open your eyes and watch the whole game instead of one player. Yeah, the Chiefs have scored more points. Sixty-seven more. The Bears are averaging 22.5 points a game with Cutler in there and none with him out.

The Chiefs have given up a hell of a lot less points than the Bears. One Hundred-three less points to be exact. That's 8.8 less a game. How many game would the Bears have won in giving up just 8.8 less a game? Forget that, how many would they have won by just giving up five less? Four by my count and 10-5 is a hell of a lot better than 6-9.

The only difference between the Chiefs and Bears is that the Chiefs have played better defense, NOT the QB play. The Chiefs are in the playoffs and can still win their division as a result.

Cutler has been consistent all year long and if you can't see it then you don't know what you think you know about football. If the Bears had the defense the Chiefs have they would have the same record.

They are in last place because:

The offensive line is a patchwork
The linebacking corps needs work
The secondary is a sieve
Special teams are a joke
The wide receivers are as thin as your arguments.

Yep. All Cutler's fault.

The fact that this team has won 6 games is a testament to the coaching staff that has got everything and then-some from this team. and that includes Cutler, who. if surrounded with reasonable talent, would have had the newspaper reading upside down.

But you Jay-haters keep chirping. Who do you want QBing your team?

Mallet?
McCarron?
McCoy?
Cassel?
Ryan?
Bradford
Eli?
Bridgewater?
Hoyer?
Fitzpatrick?
Taylor?
Freeman?
Tannehill?
Davis?
Winston?
Rivers?
Osweiler?
Smith?
Keenum?
Gabbert?
Hoyer?

All these guys are starting this week. You think Cutler is worse than any of them?

Reactions: Dr. Mirakle
Excellent post Quags. Couldn't agree more.

And Wassup...if you're going to talk total offense, then talk TOTAL offense, not just one guy.

And let's add in Carr and Bortles, who are just like Cutler, but younger. And Stafford, who has wide receivers.

And if you really think Cutler sucks, I want you to imagine Cutler on the Cowboys, Colts, Texans, Jets and Vikings. Thinks those teams would be better than they are now? I do.

Excellent post Quags. Couldn't agree more.

And Wassup...if you're going to talk total offense, then talk TOTAL offense, not just one guy.

Dr.
Yes I am a Cutler hater. Did I say the Bears are in last place? No! I said no matter what the Bears do they won't win and have not won anything meaningful with Cutler. I have said over and over the past 2 years the Bears will not win with Cutler. Never said the Bears don't need help but we're in last place and people fail to acknowledge he is still the QB and again a losing season. I would take a chance on Oswiler? He is young and unknown. We know what we get with Cutler the head case.

Bears moves for next year....

Cut Cutler
Let Forte go - I don't like finesse running backs
Draft all defense and a O-Lineman

Let the new building begin.

Wassup

Bears moves for next year....

Cut Cutler
Let Forte go - I don't like finesse running backs
Draft all defense and a O-Lineman

Let the new building begin.

Wassup

Agree with you Wassup
Let's cut bait and move on. We suffered enough with
the Cutler nonsense.

I think Cutler will be back next year, and it's the right move. His contract is much more team friendly next year. However, they need to start thinking about finding someone to groom. We'll see how they handle it.

Gase has minimized Cutler's mistakes this year. He's turned Cutler into more of a "game manager" as opposed to the "gunslinger" type QB, who takes unwarranted chances downfield, which was his approach in prior years.

While it's true that he has very little to work with at WR and TE (especially at the end of the year) and the O-line is just plain bad, one of his biggest shortcomings is still a lack of pocket awareness. The better QB's have a sixth sense in anticipating the rush. Cutler seems tone deaf in that area. He has more strip sacks and INTs as a result of a lack of pocket awareness than the better QBs. His supporters would blame a sub-standard O-line, but some of those problems fall on Cutler. Gase has reined in his "gunslinger" ways to a certain degree, but he can't teach him pocket awareness. Either QBs have that or they don't. It's one of Cutler's biggest weaknesses, and you saw that again today when his arm was hit twice while he stood in the pocket and threw his second and third INTs of the day, because he just cannot sense the rush closing in on him.

pjjp - didn't Rodgers get sacked eight times against Arizona with three runovers? Even the best will be bad with a porous offensive line.

I think Cutler will be back next year, and it's the right move. His contract is much more team friendly next year. However, they need to start thinking about finding someone to groom. We'll see how they handle it.

Gase has minimized Cutler's mistakes this year. He's turned Cutler into more of a "game manager" as opposed to the "gunslinger" type QB, who takes unwarranted chances downfield, which was his approach in prior years.

While it's true that he has very little to work with at WR and TE (especially at the end of the year) and the O-line is just plain bad, one of his biggest shortcomings is still a lack of pocket awareness. The better QB's have a sixth sense in anticipating the rush. Cutler seems tone deaf in that area. He has more strip sacks and INTs as a result of a lack of pocket awareness than the better QBs. His supporters would blame a sub-standard O-line, but some of those problems fall on Cutler. Gase has reined in his "gunslinger" ways to a certain degree, but he can't teach him pocket awareness. Either QBs have that or they don't. It's one of Cutler's biggest weaknesses, and you saw that again today when his arm was hit twice while he stood in the pocket and threw his second and third INTs of the day, because he just cannot sense the rush closing in on him.

Let me ask you some questions and hopefully I get some honest answers. How would you rate Cutlers performance since signing with the Bears? Do you believe we got the franchise QB we expected in Cutler. Do you think we paid him like a franchise player? I rest my case. Drop this bumb like a bad habit.

Let me ask you some questions and hopefully I get some honest answers. How would you rate Cutlers performance since signing with the Bears? Do you believe we got the franchise QB we expected in Cutler. Do you think we paid him like a franchise player? I rest my case. Drop this bumb like a bad habit.
LOL...I'd like to drop him too. He is not a franchise QB. He is not and was not what he was alleged to be. The problem is they have so many other needs to address that will take priority over QB. Do I think he is the long-term solution at QB? No....and the sooner they find a replacement the better. I just don't see it happening this offseason, though.

Jay will be back.

Hilgenberg is too old now and I don't think he would move to QB but at least it's a different option.

Maybe like Bobby Douglas, the Cubs can give Cutler a chance at the bullpen. Throw smoke and don't have to worry about interceptions. That would likely be his best chance of being in a Championship game....

But it also might ruin team chemistry?

Wassup

Last edited:
Maybe like Bobby Douglas, the Cubs can give Jay a chance at the bullpen. Throw smoke and don't have to worry about interceptions. That would likely be his best chance of being in a Championship game....

But it also might ruin team chemistry?

Wassup
Ok then, Jay will be the Bears 2016/17 starting QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT