ADVERTISEMENT

Neuqua 32 North 34 final

NapervilleBuck

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
My eyes might deceive me but I think there’s an Edgy sighting on the sideline. Sox hat and a killer camera is the tell.

Reactions: Bowie50
On 3rd and 4 1/2 on their own 25 North draws what is becoming a typical penalty on Neuqua. They then drive down the field and score on a nice pass from Gray. He looks relaxed and locked in.

Neuqua’s first play is a flea flicker…58 yards to Larkin. McGee next play 12 yd TD. 7-7 not even 3 minutes in.

North right down the field again and go for it on 4th and goal from the 1. Gray TD pass. He is going to be a handful tonight.

No one has moved the ball on NV like this. North certainly didn’t do it the first meeting.

For the record, I hate this game. Teams shouldn’t play twice in the regular season. Period.

3rd and 4 from North 28 and Mennecke throws to an open receiver. The NN defender plows over the WR and no flag. NN with stop on 4th and 4.

65 yd TD from Gray. 21-14. Great game. Neuqua needs to find a way to stop Gray and RB1 (Robert).

Neuqua driving to end the half. Had first and goal with 48 seconds. Ran a play for no gain. Didn’t take a time out. Ran another play and stayed in bounds. Still no time out. Now with 3 seconds left they call a time out. What in the heck was that? FG. NV getting seriously out coached tonight. And outplayed.

Reactions: Gene K.
Every year I wonder what is the next stupid thing the NV coach will do and watching him not call and time out and waste 45 seconds.
I honestly can’t believe I saw that happen. How? We had all 3 TOs. Just dumbfounding.

So after penalties NV had 3rd and 28 from the NN 40. Pass into the end zone and pass interference. Neuqua then had a 3rd and 13. How is that not an automatic first down? What is this sorcery?

NV with the stop. Drive right down the field and QB1 fumbles. 3:55 in 3rd.

Don’t get the play calling tonight. Atrocious is putting it mildly.

Neuqua forces what might have been the night’s first 3 and out. Cobb with a nice return. Neuqua ball to start the 4th on North 38 yd line.

Penalties caused a NV punt.

North goes for it on 4th and 2 on their own 45 and didn’t make it. Neuqua ball with 7:35 left. 28-25.

Neuqua drives to the NN 10 and on 1st
and goal fumbles again. North ball with 6:15 left.

That’s 5 drives inside the NN 30 and NV only has 3 points to show for it.

NV forces the punt. North punter shanked it.

NV ball on the NN 36 with 4:18 left.

22 yard run by Larkin.

5 yard run Larkin.

8 yard run by McGee.

First and goal at the 1. NN TO. 3:10 left.

North driving. On the NV 34 with 54 seconds left. Gray is surgical with his arm. Impressive kid.

Neuqua had Gray dead to rights, 3 guys sacked him but he got loose somehow and scrambled for the winning TD. 34-32 North

And the NV coach again costs the team a win with his horrendous clock management at the end of the first half.

Reactions: BIGR79
I remember in 2007 my Huskies lost a game to WWS (triple overtime), depriving them of the DVC title and an undefeated season. We were all devastated. But the kids became that much more determined and five weeks later, they were 8a champions.

I remember in 2007 my Huskies lost a game to WWS (triple overtime), depriving them of the DVC title and an undefeated season. We were all devastated. But the kids became that much more determined and five weeks later, they were 8a champions.
Still one of the best high school games I have ever seen, there is an epic YouTube video of the game.

The way North is playing since our first game I would not be surprised to see them have a lot of success in the playoffs. That RB, Robert, played one heck of a game too. Very impressed with his effort.

Damn, is North football back? I remember back when I graduated in ‘06, losing 3 games before playoffs would be a bad year. McKeon was the GOAT tho.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT