ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn week 3?!?!

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
We have reached the 1/3 mark of the season and lots to talk about - in terms of high school football in Illinois.

1 - That the Bartlett freshmen, who now probably qualify for AARP cards, likely could help these Bartlett Hawks.
2 - That Peoria, yah that wasn’t good.
3 - That Joe Sanchez is an all-timer in the MSL and Barrington is a problem this year.
4 - That playing nationally ranked out of state schools is great, not sure what we learn from a blowout.
5 - That Belleville East and Stagg are 3-0. Did we learn that this year they’re good?
6 - That I’m not sure what’s happened to Naz, but the oath to 5 wins isn’t great.
7 - That LZ has something on Stevenson
8 - That we didn’t need a bitterly cold and windy day last fall to tell us DGN is for real.
9 - That the more LWC keeps winning, the less it’s an upset.
10 - That Naperville North looks to be all the way back and a future problem for the 8A playoff field.

Those are my thoughts for this week.

Stagg is 3-0 but with the remaining schedule I think they will finish 3-6.

Stagg is 3-0 but with the remaining schedule I think they will finish 3-6.
How they do at Andrew this week will be a good measuring stick. I heard Stagg changed their offense considerably from the "chuck and duck" of the last couple seasons where now their talented 3rd-year QB does not have to do it all to move the chains.

11 - Lyons Township looked like the team on Friday night that we thought we’d see in weeks 1 & 2

They played very well. Did we ever find out why the HC coach was losing his mind? Got a 15 yard penalty and then was still going crazy.
Apparently he did not agree with how they were officiating the game. And probably a lot of frustration was boiling over.

Apparently he did not agree with how they were officiating the game. And probably a lot of frustration was boiling over.
I watched the stream and nothing seem egregious. His team was just getting dominated. It seemed like he wanted to get ejected because usually coaches shut up after they get flagged.

I watched the stream and nothing seem egregious. His team was just getting dominated. It seemed like he wanted to get ejected because usually coaches shut up after they get flagged.
I would be surprised if he wanted to get ejected. It was very uncharacteristic of him. Normally he is very positive, and definitely encourages the players to focus on them and their team. I believe the breaking point was a perceived "taunting" by an LT player on the HC sideline late in the game.

In my opinion, that was likely a breaking point. Griffing is the DC, and the HC defense has been the constant in recent years. Even last year, with all the injuries, they were in most games late. This year, loses to both NC and BB were 1 score games. This LT game, still 1 score into the 3rd quarter. Then the wheels appeared to fall completely off, and the defense couldn't get off the field.

Hinsdale will be 1-4 going into week 6 for Glenbard West. should be a playoff game for both teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT