ADVERTISEMENT

NBCSC: Upcoming IHSA Vote to Shape Football

I seen the proposed districts.Schools like Argo,Kennedy,Kelly & others would get destroyed

In theory, what is wrong with similar sized and geographically close schools competing with each other? I know there is some inequities in the proposed districts but its like that now with conferences. Not too many people on here complained when the CCL pinned Brother Rice against Leo. That is an 8a school against a 2a/3a school at best. How is that fair? Also, what the of districts do you want if they go this route? All 8a schools with high levels of success so that there can be really good games all regular season? Then people will complain that the bottom 4 teams are better than the top 4 from another district that is not as highly competitive. How does that play out? There are only 10-15 schools who are dominant year in and year out. These schools would most likely dominate any district they are put in. And yes, there will be some schools whose travel will increase. But how do we implement a system that benefits everyone? Impossible. The system we have now is not working for many schools, and we see that because the people who have a voice in the matter have brought an alternative to vote. If the overwhelming majority were happy with the current system, we wouldn't be voting on the new one. Districts will not solve all of the issues with scheduling, competitiveness, and playoff qualification, but it does even the playing field for the majority of schools and that's how decisions need to be made. If it gets voted down, I think there will be another proposal, maybe more defined, coming next year.

In theory, what is wrong with similar sized and geographically close schools competing with each other? I know there is some inequities in the proposed districts but its like that now with conferences. Not too many people on here complained when the CCL pinned Brother Rice against Leo. That is an 8a school against a 2a/3a school at best. How is that fair? Also, what the of districts do you want if they go this route? All 8a schools with high levels of success so that there can be really good games all regular season? Then people will complain that the bottom 4 teams are better than the top 4 from another district that is not as highly competitive. How does that play out? There are only 10-15 schools who are dominant year in and year out. These schools would most likely dominate any district they are put in. And yes, there will be some schools whose travel will increase. But how do we implement a system that benefits everyone? Impossible. The system we have now is not working for many schools, and we see that because the people who have a voice in the matter have brought an alternative to vote. If the overwhelming majority were happy with the current system, we wouldn't be voting on the new one. Districts will not solve all of the issues with scheduling, competitiveness, and playoff qualification, but it does even the playing field for the majority of schools and that's how decisions need to be made. If it gets voted down, I think there will be another proposal, maybe more defined, coming next year.

The problem is no one will ever be happy.

The problem is no one will ever be happy.[/QUOT
It really should be helmet count average over 5 yr periods.Not enrollment!There are a lot of schools with large enrollments and small participation examples are Waukegan,lane tech,Taft and so on!Some of these schools are put into 7or 8A with 30 kids on there sideline.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT