ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Tully named new IHSA board president

Supposedly there was a public/private "committee" developed to address issues around non-boundaries schools like transfers, classes of play, eligibility, competitive balance, etc.

Haven't heard anything about it since it was formed this summer

I understand that this is a football-centric board, but when I see discussions (or arguments if you prefer) about the public-nonpublic split in the IHSA I'm reminded of just how much the IHSA relies on the nonpublic schools in so many other sports. I'm very familiar with discussions on hosting IHSA state playoff games/contests/tournaments -- and I can tell you this: the "nonpublics" do FAR more than their share of the heavy lifting for the rest of the state.

I understand that this is a football-centric board, but when I see discussions (or arguments if you prefer) about the public-nonpublic split in the IHSA I'm reminded of just how much the IHSA relies on the nonpublic schools in so many other sports. I'm very familiar with discussions on hosting IHSA state playoff games/contests/tournaments -- and I can tell you this: the "nonpublics" do FAR more than their share of the heavy lifting for the rest of the state.
Heavy lifting? Please explain

Heavy lifting? Please explain
What he means in the fall the IHSA hosted 369 Regionals and sectionals of which 70 or 19.9% were hosted by private schools while the other 299 were hosted by public schools. I don’t think the numbers back up his point.

Reactions: ignazio
What he means in the fall the IHSA hosted 369 Regionals and sectionals of which 70 or 19.9% were hosted by private schools while the other 299 were hosted by public schools. I don’t think the numbers back up his point.
And 11% of all students attend nonpublic schools.
Quod erat demonstrandum.

Dan Tully is a great guy. He's went to Niles ND and then Univ of ND. He's been at ND for many years now and has been a vital part of the school's success (from rumors of closing back in 2006/07 to now being the largest all-boys school in the state with enrollment increasing or staying steady every year). He's a leader and an "ideas guy". He will also listen to others and take into account the opinions of experts.

Excited to see what he will do in this role!

Reactions: eireog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT