ADVERTISEMENT

Must visit establishments near your field

El Famous is the one that had the fire in Summit and is being rebuilt, El Faro is still open. Of the two I prefer El Faro.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Lockport Dad
When attending a De La Salle event...A ricobenes sandwich is excellent, down the street is a place called punkys with great sandwiches. A ice cold pop at Shinnicks is a Chicago staple.
Is Dock’s “great fish” still down the street?

There was a great burrito shop at 63rd and California that I used to go to when I first moved to Chicago - I lived at 63rd and Kedzie above the Becvar Funeral Home in Marquette Park.

I grew up just a few blocks from there on 61st and Central Park. Not sure about California Ave, but there was an El Gallo (sp?) on 63rd and Sacramento. That was always busy and had great burritos.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
I'll speak to Nazareth (Paul's Pizza) and Glenbard North (CK Pad Thai or Charkies) for non-chain or not-ritzy places within like 1.5 miles.

If you ever want to pickup a pizza OTW to a WN, Glenbard North, Geneva game, or driving near County Farm/Barrington Road and Geneva Road intersection. GIANORIO'S. Holy sh!t has it been a revelation to my southside heart. Best thin crust in the Dupage or Fox valleys and I welcome any contrary recs

I live just a few minutes from Paul's and frequent that place probably once a week. Great pasta dishes. Chicken Parm sammich is one of my favorites.

Reactions: epicbret
How about the one on 63rd and St Louis by the old police station? 3am on a Friday or Saturday!!

To echo Stella16: Maravilla's! Leticia worked at El Gallo on Sacramento, then decided to open up her own place. Living so close, it was like a second home. Great burritos! For being right next door to the police station, there were an awful lot of fights outside that place.

How about the one on 63rd and St Louis by the old police station? 3am on a Friday or Saturday!!

To echo Stella16: Maravilla's! Leticia worked at El Gallo on Sacramento, then decided to open up her own place. Living so close, it was like a second home. Great burritos! For being right next door to the police station, there were an awful lot of fights outside that place.
Nothing good happens after midnight!

If you're in Summit, you can sit by the window at Grand Dukes and watch Bridgeview slowly fade into a sinkhole of debt.

Try the perch.

Reactions: RockSoup
I8 report
CC - Mustachios or Babes
RC - None
Wilmo - Haydens
Manteno - Pub at Midtown
Streator - Broadway Tap
Plano/Sandwich - Legends (Its actually considered Yorkville but they have great wings)
Lisle - NWB (Next Whiskey Bar)
Westmont - DJs
Peotone - Game On
Seneca - Fergies
Herscher - None unless you want to drive to the Crazy beaver in Chebanse

I8 report
CC - Mustachios or Babes
RC - None
Wilmo - Haydens
Manteno - Pub at Midtown
Streator - Broadway Tap
Plano/Sandwich - Legends (Its actually considered Yorkville but they have great wings)
Lisle - NWB (Next Whiskey Bar)
Westmont - DJs
Peotone - Game On
Seneca - Fergies
Herscher - None unless you want to drive to the Crazy beaver in Chebanse

Nice list! I couldn't remember the name of the pub at Midtown in Manteno. What is the crazy beaver? I used to stop at a place called Chasers or maybe it was shooters? in Chebanse

Few more I have found over the years

Karlsbad Tavern in Genoa
Nikos in Marengo
Ebbys in Morris
Niel & Shortys - Princeton

Nice list! I couldn't remember the name of the pub at Midtown in Manteno. What is the crazy beaver? I used to stop at a place called Chasers or maybe it was shooters? in Chebanse
Crazy Beaver is not that bad of a place, just 20 minutes in the opposite direction of Coal City. We usually stop at Rays Ranch House in Essex on the way to Herscher.

Thank
For a change of pace place for a post LA game warp-up (intentional typo), try Macushla Brewing Co, a new tap room directly across the parking lot to the west of Hackney's on Lake. https://www.macushlabeer.com/welcome

The Irish Red and Belgian Dubbel are tasty alternatives to Dab. Hackney's will deliver food there.
thanks Ramblin! I also recommend heading to Sarkis for breakfast. Disaster Loretta combo with cheesy hash for breakfast. Good base prior to some day drinking.

Mine are all about ease of pre-game stop.

Benet home games at Benedictine, the "Coal Ben" which is the on campus college bar. Sits 100 yards from the south gate to the stadium and shares a parking lot with the stadium. College prices on Beer ($1.50 drafts/$2 bottles) and food ($3.75 burger). Sheer convenience. Also close enough to pop in during half time.

Marist HS - Reilly's Daughter, 3 blocks north of school on Pulaski.

St. Viator - home games are at Robert Morris U in Lombard, 2 blocks away Rack House Kitchen and Tavern

JCA, plays at Joliet Memorial - across the street McBrides on 52

Crusador:

I was born and raised in Palatine. I live a block from Uno and Heng Wing and with all do respect...I mean with all do respect, both are not great. Best Mexican joint in Palatine is La Presa on Rohwling Road. Get the salsa verde...you will thank me. Uno puts American cheese slices in their burritos if you don't specifically request chihuahua cheese. As for Heng Wing, I am in the minority, but Fortune Kookie was much better...until it burned down. I find Heng Wing dirty and their food tastes like it is pre-prepared, frozen and then fried. Furthermore, there really isn't a bar. If you go in for a drink, you stand in the front of the restaurant. I'd walk across the street to the American Legion and grab a few pops - WI prices.
Agree that Mexico uno is terrible. It’s actually some of the worst Mexican food I’ve had. I had nachos there once and it had an Kraft American cheese slice on it. No joke. Presa is okay, if you want the real deal go to La Rosita on Dundee. That’s the best in Palatine imo. Love the American legion! They have the scratch off tickets down there. Anytime I go there with a few friends we spend time goofing around with those. Reminds me of an old Wisconsin supper club. Heng wing is okay. Old school Palatine people love it but it’s not great.

Reactions: Bowie50
Agree that Mexico uno is terrible. It’s actually some of the worst Mexican food I’ve had. I had nachos there once and it had an Kraft American cheese slice on it. No joke. Presa is okay, if you want the real deal go to La Rosita on Dundee. That’s the best in Palatine imo. Love the American legion! They have the scratch off tickets down there. Anytime I go there with a few friends we spend time goofing around with those. Reminds me of an old Wisconsin supper club. Heng wing is okay. Old school Palatine people love it but it’s not great.
I got a burrito there once and it had kraft slices on it. Muy mal!

All this is superfluous...after a Palatine victory you head to Lamps...end of story.

Mine are all about ease of pre-game stop.

Benet home games at Benedictine, the "Coal Ben" which is the on campus college bar. Sits 100 yards from the south gate to the stadium and shares a parking lot with the stadium. College prices on Beer ($1.50 drafts/$2 bottles) and food ($3.75 burger). Sheer convenience. Also close enough to pop in during half time.

Marist HS - Reilly's Daughter, 3 blocks north of school on Pulaski.

St. Viator - home games are at Robert Morris U in Lombard, 2 blocks away Rack House Kitchen and Tavern

JCA, plays at Joliet Memorial - across the street McBrides on 52

Coal Ben at Benedictine very convenient. For JCA games, the most convenient bar/grill is Traditions which is located on the other side of the stadium parking lot on the home side. Also very easy for a quickie at halftime!

Wilmo - Hayden’s
Coal City - Babes
Braidwood- Joneseez (yeah it’s Braidwood but this place is decent)
Herscher - used to be Fran’s on 17 or just bring roadies
York in Elmhurst - the VFW

Reactions: ignazio
As Stella16 said as to De La Salle events, Ricobene's is solid as is Punky's (love the pizza and the sandwiches). For Chinese, Evergreen on 23rd and Wentworth is good. For Argo, if you'd like a beef or burger, Beefy's on 58th and Harlem is very good.

Cary Hs, you go to the Tracks.
Crystal Lake Central, the Cottage
Prairie Ridge, Rib House?
Crystal Lake South, Buff wings and rings, or Fire Bar
Huntley, Parkside
This post has my mouth watering and makes me want drive back out to Good Ole McHenry County, all of those places are solid spots!

Reactions: CGsupporter
Visit to CoM

Frank's for the memories - chicken wings
Emil's tavern - pizza, broasted chicken

Tighthead brewery - owned by a CoM parent - bring your own food

Anyone goung a game at Bradley-Bourbonnais needs to stop at Brickstone Brewery. It’s only about 1.5 miles away and well worth the trip.

Anyone goung a game at Bradley-Bourbonnais needs to stop at Brickstone Brewery. It’s only about 1.5 miles away and well worth the trip.

Brickstone is great, been going there since '06, before the microbrew explosion. There are tons of diamond in the rough type places in the BB/KKK area. Most of them are dive bars but still a good time.

Tavern in the Green on 95th, any of the nearby Barraco's, Palermo's on 95th & Black Oak are all good if you have to spend a Friday night in our cramped visitor's section. When we play at St Rita a pregame trip to Fat Johnnie's is always in order. When we play St. Laurence, Chuck's. When we visit Mt. Carmel.........Harold's #74 on 103rd & Halsted? I'm stuck, I have no recommendation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT