ADVERTISEMENT

Must visit establishments near your field

St Laurence has Chuck's to the west, and Nick and Vito's to the east. Fasano's pizza is a GREAT place (carry out only), and has the best chicken parm sandwich on the planet. 84th and Roberts road. Perfect if you're going to jump on 55 south, or 294.

Is there one? LOL Joneseez isn't all that bad if I had to pick. But honestly, I would rather stay home in Wilmo or run to CC then hit the game. Although I guess that new place Top Fuel Saloon is supposedly better than your typical Braidwood hangout. Maybe I will check it out this weekend and report back.
Tell Freak Edgytim says hello good dude

Reactions: PanthersWildcats86
It's Oktoberfest in Manteno...once Streator & Manteno gets over, the beer tent sponsored by Sam Adams is the place to start on Main Street along the railroad tracks downtown...Right across Main from the beer tent are two establishments...Anthony's Pizzeria is the longest standing restaurant and bar in downtown, attracts many families after Friday night ballgames, good food, Friday night all you can eat fish specials, relatively cheap drinks...Next door is Stampede, more of a nightclub, no real food (Anthony's will deliver), attracts generally a younger crowd...down First Street is the Pub at Midtown, upscale place, Mexican restaurant attached to it and a pizza place (Silvanos) also in the building...On the corner further down First is the American Legion, decent food on Friday nights but usually closed early...Going down the alley between Main and the Pub to the north is Sammy's Pizza on the corner of Second & the alley - which has been developed into the "Square on Second" this summer - Sammy's is the latest addition to the Kankakee Fifth Avenue Sammys Pizza empire (Kankakee, Momence, Bourbonnais, Peotone) - good food, adult atmosphere, beer garden (Sammy's took over from the closed Durbins, previously Pizza Stone)...out of downtown would take you north on Main to the Sportsman's Club, with a nice bar and big patio looking over Lake Manteno - nice pregame spot for a beer with a view...Finally on the corner of Locust (Rt. 50) and second is Route 50 North, a sports bar with a nice beer garden...

Reactions: Coalertown44
KANELAND.... Schmidt's tap in downtown Elburn. Just north of the tracks, east side of it. 47. outdoor and indoor eating usually bands on the weekends. Four bags set up outside. Awesome patio and my favorite thing on the menu there is the BRAT Burger. every time I go there I say I'm going to get something different and I just can't.

It's Oktoberfest in Manteno...once Streator & Manteno gets over, the beer tent sponsored by Sam Adams is the place to start on Main Street along the railroad tracks downtown...Right across Main from the beer tent are two establishments...Anthony's Pizzeria is the longest standing restaurant and bar in downtown, attracts many families after Friday night ballgames, good food, Friday night all you can eat fish specials, relatively cheap drinks...Next door is Stampede, more of a nightclub, no real food (Anthony's will deliver), attracts generally a younger crowd...down First Street is the Pub at Midtown, upscale place, Mexican restaurant attached to it and a pizza place (Silvanos) also in the building...On the corner further down First is the American Legion, decent food on Friday nights but usually closed early...Going down the alley between Main and the Pub to the north is Sammy's Pizza on the corner of Second & the alley - which has been developed into the "Square on Second" this summer - Sammy's is the latest addition to the Kankakee Fifth Avenue Sammys Pizza empire (Kankakee, Momence, Bourbonnais, Peotone) - good food, adult atmosphere, beer garden (Sammy's took over from the closed Durbins, previously Pizza Stone)...out of downtown would take you north on Main to the Sportsman's Club, with a nice bar and big patio looking over Lake Manteno - nice pregame spot for a beer with a view...Finally on the corner of Locust (Rt. 50) and second is Route 50 North, a sports bar with a nice beer garden...

Usually head to Midtown when we are there I'll have to try out Anthonys next time

After the Batavia and Geneva game head over to Pal Joeys.. Good people, good food and a huge Bulldog supporter..

Just west and across the street(Randall Rd) from the stadium..

If the weather is decent next Friday night, I am going to watch Montini play Fenwick at Triton JC. It will give me an excuse to go to Gene and Judes and grab some hot dogs.

Russels BBQ is right on River Road Just East of Triton, Also of note< Johnnys Beef and Alpine sub On North Ave a stones throw from Triton

If you get the opportunity to attend a St. Ignatius football game prior to Sept. 15, a must go is Mario's Italian Lemonade on Taylor. The stand is only open from mid-May thru mid-Sept. but it is absolutely addictive. I am a watermelon guy, but it is all great. If you order Italian lemonade anywhere else after having Mario's, you want to dump it. Their is Mario's and everyone else.

Reactions: Gene K.
If you get the opportunity to attend a St. Ignatius football game prior to Sept. 15, a must go is Mario's Italian Lemonade on Taylor. The stand is only open from mid-May thru mid-Sept. but it is absolutely addictive. I am a watermelon guy, but it is all great. If you order Italian lemonade anywhere else after having Mario's, you want to dump it. Their is Mario's and everyone else.
Al’s Beef with fries and THEN cross the street to Mario’s. oh my gosh!

Reactions: EdgyTim and Gene K.
KANELAND.... Schmidt's tap in downtown Elburn. Just north of the tracks, east side of it. 47. outdoor and indoor eating usually bands on the weekends. Four bags set up outside. Awesome patio and my favorite thing on the menu there is the BRAT Burger. every time I go there I say I'm going to get something different and I just can't.

Great place.

Went there for first time after a Kaneland/Morris tilt with Tincup.Now make it an annual trip when we go to see the holiday lights display. Love the brisket chili they have.

Reactions: tincup1215
If you ever make it to Niles to see the Dons, you MUST stop at Booby's down the road on Milwaukee. Best steak sandwich in Chicagoland.

Reactions: lkhammer57
Well worth the wait.
I recommend burnt ends and wings for the apps.
The Carolina Burger is awesome.
1/3 lb burger, pepper Jack cheese, pulled pork and slaw on a bun!

Sarkis...2 disasters with everything and a bacon Loretta...cheesy hash, baby.

Did you read what you quoted?
Yikes! I need to read more carefully. I saw Mexico Uno and my impetuous side came out. She died? She was very nice. Food is not good. Does her daughter still own the bakery across from JL's?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT