ADVERTISEMENT

Maine South-Lincoln Way East prediction thread.......

While beating a team twice is difficult, I think winning consecutive titles is as well. LWE survived a scare from San Carlos Este and looked strong against Oswego. In game one, LWE shut down MS running game but the MS passing game picked up the slack. LWE will run it and pass just enough if they're in control of the game. MS qb is a true pocket passer who can extend plays but is no threat to run. I think he's going to have to play the game of his life as well as special teams not allowing td's and their d bending but not breaking too often for MS to have a chance. I think the Eaglions take this one 27-21.

MS couldn't stop NC when their offense was balanced with run and pass. NC probably would have won by a couple scores if Reed hadn't got injured forcing them to become one dimensional. If LWE can bring a balanced attack on Saturday then they should win. If MS can run a defense similar to what SCE did to LWE then they could win but I am not sure they have the same kind of personnel on D that SCE has. Both teams have looked both great and Meh in the postseason so it should come down to whichever team plays the cleanest game. I am giving the slight edge to LWE 28-24.

I have MS winning it all and need them to salvage my brackets, so hoping they pull this off.

Love both coaches and teams, but just think Inserra might be the better big game coach.

Another factor that hasn't been mentioned in this game: MS is going to need to do a better job containing the big play ability of AJ Henning. He burned them a few times in the first meeting. It's difficult to contain that type of speed. The Hawks will need to find a way to limit his impact.

I gotta go with Maine South..especially after the 4th quarter last week against NC. They just expect to win and seem to find a way.

Another factor that hasn't been mentioned in this game: MS is going to need to do a better job containing the big play ability of AJ Henning. He burned them a few times in the first meeting. It's difficult to contain that type of speed. The Hawks will need to find a way to limit his impact.

I agree completely, it has been the Achilles heal of MS all year not playing a true free safety to defense the deep middle. I anticipate they drop #6 Cam Stacy back into centerfield and not defend the run and make LWE and Henning make a play on a true sideline 9 route with a perfect pass to kill them deep.

Just goes to show you that one man's treasure is another man's garbage.

I would hardly call the shots you are taking at the CCL posters and Bowie50 in this thread to be a calming influence.

MC63 has been known to take his shots as well. He's one of the last posters I would describe as a calming influence.

Hey, I posted a message in favor of civility on the board. Some guys approved, but many took shots.

Personally, I'm only uncivil with three types of Edgy posters: those who malign Mt Carmel; bullies; and those who support bullies. Ramblinman, you were behind door number three about a year ago.. I'd go into greater detail, but I'd be breaking Edgy's First Commandment: no politics.

Personally, I'm only uncivil with three types of Edgy posters: those who malign Mt Carmel; bullies; and those who support bullies. Ramblinman, you were behind door number three about a year ago.. I'd go into greater detail, but I'd be breaking Edgy's First Commandment: no politics.

That wasn't a political issue, nor was I supporting a bully unless you consider Kasich to be a bully. You basically accused me of being a racist and disrespecting the President.

A year ago, your panties got all twisted up over my referring to Obama as "your boy Barry" after you referred to Trump as "your boy Trumpy." You jumped to the knee jerk assumption that I was a Trump supporter. I was not then and am not now.

That wasn't a political issue, nor was I supporting a bully unless you consider Kasich to be a bully. You basically accused me of being a racist and disrespecting the President.

A year ago, your panties got all twisted up over my referring to Obama as "your boy Barry" after you referred to Trump as "your boy Trumpy." You jumped to the knee jerk assumption that I was a Trump supporter. I was not then and am not now.

Regarding supporting bullies, I was specifically referring to a small segment of Edgy posters.

I will say that your screeching about IHSA home assignments really made you look petty. MC has been a very high seed many, many years, and we always had to play road games against lower seeded teams. I don't know all the seeding circumstances, but we've gone to Rock Island, Edwardsville and East St. Louis without whining. You're making the other LA guys look bad.

Regarding supporting bullies, I was specifically referring to a small segment of Edgy posters.

I will say that your screeching about IHSA home assignments really made you look petty. MC has been a very high seed many, many years, and we always had to play road games against lower seeded teams. I don't know all the seeding circumstances, but we've gone to Rock Island, Edwardsville and East St. Louis without whining. You're making the other LA guys look bad.

It's hosting, gramps, not seeding. If you're going to be accusing me of screeching, at least try to understand the nature of the complaint.

Don't forget about those pesky kids who walk across your lawn.
And the clouds, don't forget the clouds.
91sn32Q.jpg

It's hosting, gramps, not seeding. If you're going to be accusing me of screeching, at least try to understand the nature of the complaint.

Seeding is basic to hosting in just about any scenario.

I didn't think you'd stoop to the age card, but you're showing your true colors. You should hope to live as long as I have. Crossing the street is likely hazardous to the health of someone such as yourself.

Can't you at least make an effort to be original?

How many times are you going to use that line?
MC63 lets not worry about those posts. Instead lets be happy our teams are still playing.

Reactions: PRokie
My complaint has zero to do with how teams are seeded and everything to do with how the IHSA creates situations with their playoff hosting policy whereby some teams that did not earn good seeds are given a break and allowed to host games against teams with better seeds. If you think that is screeching, try turning down your hearing aid.

Reactions: mchsalumni
I’ve got some cheese for you RM.

Are you going to the LA game today?

The gentleman from the north shore has spoken,

You must be a politician because only a politician can hijack a thread about one set of teams and make it about the persecution of another.

Nice job!

To all the LWE folks ( those that this thread was intended)

Good luck today... this will be fun!
And let’s hope everyone gets home safe and the players stay healthy.
Good luck to you as well! Safe travels to and from.

Best of Luck to both teams tonight, and most importantly that these young men all walk off the field safe and with pride that they played with great character and effort and left it all out there. I predict a great game.
Keys:
1. Can MS not give up a TD of greater than 50 yds.
2. Can LWE be as distributive as they were last meeting with just rushing front 4.
3. Can MS passing quick hit enough to spread out LWE D
4. Turnover battle

Reactions: KingKore

This is total BS!!!
Two road games in a row!

You must be out of your mind!!!

I could be wrong, but I get the feeling ramblinman and MC63 don't like each other very much. I mean, arguing about an argument that occurred a year ago? Hmmmm. At least you have good memories. Good loving memories.

Sorry my LWE friends but you are going to get destroyed. You have shown you can stop the MS runningback but not the passing. If Ican recognize that, believe me, the MS coaches recognized it weeks ago. This one will not even be close. MS 42- LWE

“This one will not even be close. MS 42- LWE[/QUOTE]”

Cclnan
What happened?

Reactions: mommee68
The better team won tonight. I think Maine South accomplished a lot of what they wanted to by moving the ball and getting into position to score. LWE made plays, MS didn’t get a kick blocked for a TD...LWE blocked a kick and returned it for a TD. Maine South didn’t come up a yard short from scoring a TD at the end of the first half; LWE defense defended the end zone and had their head on a swivel to ball hawk and be in a position to not let him score.
In any game with quality teams, you could pick 3 plays that would reverse the score, but a great team like LWE will put them on their side of the teeter tot.
I thought the young men on both teams played hard and respectful all night and turns out a little more talent sometimes beats SWAG.

You all forgot one thing....

We had our good luck charm there. Now we are 11-1 with Edgy in the house

Reactions: EdgyTim
Nope, this has been a thing since LWE opened....

Thanks Edgy!!
I will still go with talent as the reason. I love how hard LWE plays, and the boards favorite player has to be that small LB for LWE. Who doesn’t love a 5’5” 160 LB Backer that can lay some pipe

Reactions: mommee68
“This one will not even be close. MS 42- LWE

Cclnan
What happened?[/QUOTE]

We saw what happened. I ( and a whole bunch of other posters were wrong in our predictions ) LWE is a terrific and deserving team and they showed it tonight against an excellent Mains South team by playing shut down defense and opportunistic offense. Congratulations.

Still say #97 is DPOY
BEAST FROM THE BEAST. I thought MS line did a great job pass protecting for the most part, way too tall of a task to run block against that line. I will also say the CB from East that defended Cam Stacy was exceptional. Cam is one of the best in MS history at making plays on the ball downfield and that CB got a hand on the ball 4-5 times

I could be wrong, but I get the feeling ramblinman and MC63 don't like each other very much. I mean, arguing about an argument that occurred a year ago? Hmmmm. At least you have good memories. Good loving memories.

He used to be one of the posters I respected, but that's changed. I don't dislike him ... if he and I could have a spoken conversation (versus one that's keyboard -based), I think he could make his points without the snarky age comments. If I'm not aging, I'm pushing up artificial turf. Why make age an issue unless that's the best you can do creatively?

LTHS - you never responded to my question regarding which LT high school you attended. Some guys confused you with LHSsomebody.

Last edited:
He used to be one of the posters I respected, but that's changed. I don't dislike him ... if he and I could have a spoken conversation (versus one that's keyboard -based), I think he could make his points without the snarky age comments. If I'm not aging, I'm pushing up artificial turf. Why make age an issue unless that's the best you can do creatively?

LTHS - you never responded to my question regarding which LT high school you attended. Some guys confused you with LHSsomebody.
MC, don’t lose any sleep over it, you know you aren’t going to agree with everyone.
I think LTHS is a Lockport supporter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT