ADVERTISEMENT

LWE vs Loyola

As an LW 210 supporter I'm just nervous about this one. Lack of chatter probably due to everyone knowing this was likely the collision of teams from week 1 or 2, and it's just chalk.

I expect Scianna and east D line to contain run the game somewhat well. Very concerned about east secondary really bring tested. That's where I see Loyola looking to exploit. East can give up the long plays in the air.

I'm hoping this is a great game. I haven't been more excited for overall full slate of state games like this in years, just awesome matchups on paper.

How is Loyola off line and D lines? Athletic or big or both?

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
Both. And their quarterback, Jake the Snake, is outstanding, as are his receivers.
IMO, Stearney will be the difference in this game. 2-year starter with a strong, accurate arm and good mobility. Both defenses are outstanding. LWE might have a better run game with LA’s injuries at RB, but QB play will be paramount, and that’s where LA has the advantage.

agree so evenly matched..

win differential both 26 pts, edge LA on schedule difficulty
rushing 2,500 LA and 2,600 yards LWE
passing 2,500 LA and 2,100 LWE
QB both around 68% completion (LA Stearney edge in TDs, 34 vs 21 Tischer)
3 LA passes intercepted vs 7 LWE
QB edge to LA, but 65% chance of rain Sat.. would negate

LA Baker K is special, made 55yds and top10 natl prospect (and decent punter)
LA has some strong TEs as well (Parker, Fitzgerald)

so weather, turnover, special teams - will be close

agree so evenly matched..

win differential both 26 pts, edge LA on schedule difficulty
rushing 2,500 LA and 2,600 yards LWE
passing 2,500 LA and 2,100 LWE
QB both around 68% completion (LA Stearney edge in TDs, 34 vs 21 Tischer)
3 LA passes intercepted vs 7 LWE
QB edge to LA, but 65% chance of rain Sat.. would negate

LA Baker K is special, made 55yds and top10 natl prospect (and decent punter)
LA has some strong TEs as well (Parker, Fitzgerald)

so weather, turnover, special teams - will be close
Where did you find all that information? Its not posted on Maxpreps.

Reactions: Silver Rain
We shall see how it goes. MaxPreps is crap just like Calpreps! Didn’t Calpreps have GBW beating LWE by 1 point? East won 31-7.
East lost to Loyola last year 3-0 last year @ Wilmette. East has almost their entire team back this year. Loyola lost a lot from last years team, but they reload just like East.
My question to Loyola fans. Do you think this year’s Loyola team is better than lasts years team? If so why.
No matter when these two teams play it’s always going to be an epic game. 👍

Reactions: Gene K.
Good news that LWE is not at the field of horrors that is Loyola Academy in Wilmette. The Griffins have shown to have uncharacteristic events show up at Loyola, from bouncing footballs to missed handoffs and even a clock issue or ankle tweak. NIU was a lucky charm for the Griffins and Champaign has been fair as well. Can AJ Henning come back for a 5th year? Loyola is Loyola....with possibly the most boring Edgy posters of any HS fan base. Should be a good game!

We shall see how it goes. MaxPreps is crap just like Calpreps! Didn’t Calpreps have GBW beating LWE by 1 point? East won 31-7.
East lost to Loyola last year 3-0 last year @ Wilmette. East has almost their entire team back this year. Loyola lost a lot from last years team, but they reload just like East.
My question to Loyola fans. Do you think this year’s Loyola team is better than lasts years team? If so why.
MaxPreps uses the CalPreps computer rankings, which is why they are identical.

Reactions: corey90
I will add this game is what it should be. 1 & 2 all season back and forth. I am thankful that they both made it to the final and are now playing for a championship. So thankful they didn’t play each other in the quarter or semifinals. They are the two best teams in the final.

I think so. But to be clear, I’m out of state now so really only see it on streaming — so others could have better data. This year’s secondary is less heartburn inducing. This year’s offense reliably moves down the field 5-8 yards at a time, mixing in chunk plays to some very good receivers, against seemingly everyone. The offense rarely makes big mistakes.

I don’t know enough about LWE to provide much insightful head-to-head analysis. Seems like a game that will come down to who makes the big mistake or Loyola having a high quality kicker if it’s close at the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: lookoutforliam
Last years LA drastically changed when they lost their RB Maldonado (sorry if I got his name wrong). He was on a All State pace and almost single handily beat BR in week 4 until he broke his collar bone at the end of the game and it ended his season. It was a huge blow to LA last year and I think it costed them a ring, he was doing that good.

Last years LA drastically changed when they lost their RB Maldonado (sorry if I got his name wrong). He was on a All State pace and almost single handily beat BR in week 4 until he broke his collar bone at the end of the game and it ended his season. It was a huge blow to LA last year and I think it costed them a ring, he was doing that good.

100% right. Maldonado loss was huge. The offense was never the same. That BR game was really something.

This year's offense seems more consistent, more reliable to me -- it's driven by great O-line, great tight ends and Stearney.

I’m guessing 85% LA students live within the same area and a smaller area then what LWE boundaries are. Doesn’t matter, both teams are amazing year in and out but since it was brought up. LA doesn’t have to stretch too far for students or players

I’m guessing 85% LA students live within the same area and a smaller area then what LWE boundaries are. Doesn’t matter, both teams are amazing year in and out but since it was brought up. LA doesn’t have to stretch too far for students or players
I would love to see the addresses for all the players like they used to post. I don’t believe that especially for their starters.

I would love to see the addresses for all the players like they used to post. I don’t believe that especially for their starters.
I'd love to see them too because I believe they would prove you and others wrong.

They never provided addresses. They might have given the school from which they graduated 8th grade but that's it.

Ahhh the starters.. the "all-stars" ... thaaat's riiiight. These are all the same kids from the same parishes that have been coming to LA for decades/generations. (BTW, is now a good time to remind everyone LA chose to play up from 7A?)

Ahhh the starters.. the "all-stars" ... thaaat's riiiight. These are all the same kids from the same parishes that have been coming to LA for decades/generations. (BTW, is now a good time to remind everyone LA chose to play up from 7A?)
Now is a good time to remind folks to take the entrance exam at Loyola next weekend! Come one, come all! From near and nearer!

I believe it was Holecek in his post game speech after his first state title that thanked his assistant coaches “for really being integral in pulling together kids from 20+ different zip codes and getting them to play as one unified team.”

I don’t remember the exact quote, but I remember it clearly standing out to me as something a public school coach wouldn’t really be able to say. (The main spirit of the comment was Holecek being humble and giving credit to his assistants for their contributions, but it subtly acknowledged the geographic spread of kids).

I grew up at a catholic elementary school and would concede that it is its own kind of “community.” So I don’t know if that’s the best term. But the geographic spread is certainly different than what you would see at a public school.

Reactions: corey90
I believe it was Holecek in his post game speech after his first state title that thanked his assistant coaches “for really being integral in pulling together kids from 20+ different zip codes and getting them to play as one unified team.”

I don’t remember the exact quote, but I remember it clearly standing out to me as something a public school coach wouldn’t really be able to say. (The main spirit of the comment was Holecek being humble and giving credit to his assistants for their contributions, but it subtly acknowledged the geographic spread of kids).

I grew up at a catholic elementary school and would concede that it is its own kind of “community.” So I don’t know if that’s the best term. But the geographic spread is certainly different than what you would see at a public school.
Thank you for being honest. 👍

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT