ADVERTISEMENT

LW East vs Loyola

Illgold22

Sep 5, 2005
Well with all the chatter about public vs private. Is this the Rocky vs Drago final? Pending what side you are on. But is East Rocky (lovable public school) vs the unbeatable Russian Drago ( private school with 100 zip codes in the team).

I personally think this is the best final by a wide margin. And will be a low scoring street fight. But these schools have played a few times in past years. I am not sure but I believe Loyola holds a 3-2 in heads up matches vs East.

What’s everyone think? Anyone seen them both?

Well with all the chatter about public vs private. Is this the Rocky vs Drago final? Pending what side you are on. But is East Rocky (lovable public school) vs the unbeatable Russian Drago ( private school with 100 zip codes in the team).

I personally think this is the best final by a wide margin. And will be a low scoring street fight. But these schools have played a few times in past years. I am not sure but I believe Loyola holds a 3-2 in heads up matches vs East.

With the quality of both teams I get the feeling I'm watching a college game.

In my opinion this is more of a battle between

Loyola vs Lincolnway Norrh/East

I will bite my tongue in regards to recruiting/absorbing

I’m torn for this one. I would love to see Coach Bliss get another title. I would also like to see my public school friends at Beast get one too. I’m hoping the game is close and goes to five overtimes. Good luck to both teams!

“But is East Rocky (lovable public school) vs the unbeatable Russian Drago ( private school with 100 zip codes in the team).”
😂

I think that the players from Lincolnway North should be restricted from post season play

• Haha
Reactions: SMC34
I think that the players from Lincolnway North should be restricted from post season play
Now you have made two dumb post. Kids from the Square have always went to East. Yes they opened up North for. few years and Frankfort Square kids went to North. They closed North and the Kids from the Square came back home. Where exactly were they going to go if not East? Frankfort Square is Frankfort. You need to move on it’s obviously had a major impact on you, maybe you need to seek some help. By the way I have lived in Frankfort Square and Frankfort Village so I do know both areas.

Sometimes I regret that I spend anytime on this nonsence.
North closed tragic for everyone involved. Especially the tax payers Teacher and students. They reallocted zip codes. FF Square kids got sent to East. I'm sure others went Tinley or Andrew. East has space limits itself. They had to shift some students and player to LWCentral at the same time. But who cares about that. Doesn't fit your dig on East.
Nobody wanted it and it wasn't because of football. Keep going with your loser comments.

Now you have made two dumb post. Kids from the Square have always went to East. Yes they opened up North for. few years and Frankfort Square kids went to North. They closed North and the Kids from the Square came back home. Where exactly were they going to go if not East? Frankfort Square is Frankfort. You need to move on it’s obviously had a major impact on you, maybe you need to seek some help. By the way I have lived in Frankfort Square and Frankfort Village so I do know both areas.
Stop taking the bait.

Reactions: corey90
You claim that they “closed” LWN

Others say that it was a mass recruitment scheme in order to take the coveted 8A title away from the Catholics.

My opinion

We observe the multiplier

The LWN kids only get to play for a half

• Haha
“The school district has been struggling financially due to declining enrollment and funding,[5] as well as gross mismanagement of the districts finances.[6] These factors have contributed to the current investigation of the district by the SEC[7] and the Federal Department of Justice”

For the record
Had the criminal activity not taken place the school would still be open

Reactions: Silver Rain
Funny
I bet everyone of the kids from Frankfort Square are very happy playing at East and in the state championship game.
Lots of zip codes…

That’s all I am saying

Very crafty way of doubling the size and talent of your team.

I heard that depending on the performance on Saturday determines what takes place with West…

State champion football and cheerleading team is their final goal

Lots of zip codes…

That’s all I am saying

Very crafty way of doubling the size and talent of your team.

I heard that depending on the performance on Saturday determines what takes place with West…

State champion football and cheerleading team is their final goal
😂 zip codes in East district. You really need help. Please seek it immediately.

Yeah I'm done with this troll.

Keep the main thing the main thing as they say.

On that note, the bottom line is Lincoln-Way East is the model for what a large community based public school should be about all around from an academic and athletics standpoint.

Likewise, Loyola Academy is the model for what a large private school should be about all around from an academic and athletics standpoint.

And at 7PM this Saturday they will square off for the 8A State Championship in football.

One team will win and one will lose, but regardless these two programs are worthy of emulation and I look forward to seeing what should be an absolute unbelievable game.

I’m torn for this one. I would love to see Coach Bliss get another title. I would also like to see my public school friends at Beast get one too. I’m hoping the game is close and goes to five overtimes. Good luck to both teams!
Charlie is a cheater just like all his former coaches and friends from Maine South .Why do you think he was FIRED.

• Haha
Lincoln Way East will win because their defense will stop Loyola's offense ----I see Lincoln Way East 24-7 over Loyola.

Reactions: MsDavis10
You all forget that Mokena kids went to east before and during North’s tenure. Then they were moved to Central when North closed.
The 2012 runner-up team was Mokena/Frankfort. All four of the AllState players were from Mokena that season. Having the North players is huge for East, but “Z” knows how to win and attracts great athletes. Parents move to Frankfort so their kids play for him.

2017 LWE 23 LA 14
2018 LA 24 LWE 16
2021 LA 3 LWE 0
2022 LA 13 LWE 3
2017 LA had no answer for AJ Henning in 2nd half. The most one-sided of the series.
2018 Five years later and I still don’t know how LA pulled this off. LA was a huge dog — LWE was on a massive unbeaten streak and had to have been a three score favorite.
2021/2 - Both games basically 50/50 coin flips.

Great series. I can’t wait!

Last edited:
2017 LA had no answer for AJ Henning in 2nd half. The most one-sided of the series.
2018 Five years later and I still don’t know how LA pulled this off. LA was a huge dog — LWE was on a massive unbeaten streak and had to have been a three score favorite.
2021/2 - Both games basically 50/50 coin flips.

Great series. I can’t wait!
I was surprised that AJ ended up transferring in order to get more playing time

I really thought that his junior/senior seasons would be something that would get his name mentioned come draft day

Michigan only used AJ as a punt returner/gadget player. . He had to leave to get seen as a wide receiver

Michigan only used AJ as a punt returner/gadget player. . He had to leave to get seen as a wide receiver
That’s the gamble of going to a football dynasty school

One of the best players in the state has issues touching the field in college…

Sometimes I regret that I spend anytime on this nonsence.
North closed tragic for everyone involved. Especially the tax payers Teacher and students. They reallocted zip codes. FF Square kids got sent to East. I'm sure others went Tinley or Andrew. East has space limits itself. They had to shift some students and player to LWCentral at the same time. But who cares about that. Doesn't fit your dig on East.
Nobody wanted it and it wasn't because of football. Keep going with your loser comments.
Totally untrue misinformation.

Here are the facts

The LWN superintendent misappropriated over $7M in funds

The financial drain that the school had on the state of illinois was so great that it was voted to close the school
- the counter argument to keep the school open was; if it were ran properly that it would have met the state financial guidelines and maintain its status as a school

- the expected housing book in the area was not as big as what had been anticipated

LWN closed and was absorbed into LWE after 8 years of existence
-

Where is the misinformation
-

Here are the facts

The LWN superintendent misappropriated over $7M in funds

The financial drain that the school had on the state of illinois was so great that it was voted to close the school
- the counter argument to keep the school open was; if it were ran properly that it would have met the state financial guidelines and maintain its status as a school

- the expected housing book in the area was not as big as what had been anticipated

LWN closed and was absorbed into LWE after 8 years of existence
-

Where is the misinformation
-
That some kids went to Tinley Park or Andrew. The district boundaries didn’t change. The school boundaries were changed and populations reallocated based on the individual schools size.

Reactions: juschill
To pretend that LW East wouldn’t have the success it’s having without North closing is just a dumb and mindless argument. It diminishes what they have accomplished there. Just a bitter D bag trying to feel better. Pretty shameless

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT