ADVERTISEMENT

LWE vs Alabama cancelled

Dude, I saw you congratulated the Hill in another thread and I apologized for my previous post to you in that thread. You showed class by doing that.

Dude, I saw you congratulated the Hill in another thread and I apologized for my previous post to you in that thread. You showed class by doing that.
giphy.gif

Actually Bones I get your point.;)

To JCA their 14 titles are a big deal.
To you, JCA's 14 titles are a much smaller deal.

The truth lies somewhere in between.
I guess that means JCA will be the overwhelming #1 team in the WJOL football poll for 2018. Now would be a great time to pick up the phone to LWE...no wait any LW and schedule a game. LW West would like a replay with perhaps a different ref crew. Congrats to JCA. It is always better to have the discussion when you play local publics.

I’m sorry fellas.. I must’ve gotten here late....

Did LWE play Ohio State today?

Reactions: Gene K.
A lot of students who go to Southland high schools are rejoicing in LWE's defeat today on social media. There is a certain arrogance associated with that program, and I'm not sure where it comes from. Is it from the administration, the coaching staff, the players or just a rabid fan base? I told a couple of East fans I know that I thought this game would be tight. They laughed me off and said East would roll. Some were already talking about where to meet up in Champaign next Saturday before the title game. East has a good program, but in my book, you need more than two state titles in 18 years to be considered a great program. That school has the resources and talent to make it downstate every year. If you don't believe me, look at the number of players they dress and the number of coaches they employ on the varsity level. Don't tell me how great you are. Show me how great you are by putting trophies into the school trophy case. And do it more than once every five or six years.
I actually agree up to a point with this post and I am a strong LWE fan. I think the conference is a bit weak, at least compared to the CCL. They made it to the finals 4 times in 18 years...and the first couple of years should not really count as the program was just getting started. SO they make it to the finals 25% of the time. That is pretty good...

I thought East was the best team in state when Winkler was a senior (cannot remember the year) and thought this year's team was the best in the state. Neither of which got them to the state finals. I thought this year's team was better than last year's team. Maybe they need tougher competition during the year?

I actually agree up to a point with this post and I am a strong LWE fan. I think the conference is a bit weak, at least compared to the CCL. They made it to the finals 4 times in 18 years...and the first couple of years should not really count as the program was just getting started. SO they make it to the finals 25% of the time. That is pretty good...

I thought East was the best team in state when Winkler was a senior (cannot remember the year) and thought this year's team was the best in the state. Neither of which got them to the state finals. I thought this year's team was better than last year's team. Maybe they need tougher competition during the year?
Look at MS. Perfect storm happened to lose to LA this year, it happens. The conference was down this year in that HF and us weren't typical, and the rest was ehh.

Someone said Palatine should be in the semi's every year? I haven't seen that posted, and if it was, it was by one person.

Wasn't me :). Especially not this year:(.

Though I will go ahead and say it about the 2020 squad. Predicting this year's sophs will be on a par with the 2016 squad and Ayala shows flashes of being another Oles..hopefully he continues to grow and develop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT