ADVERTISEMENT

LWE vs Alabama cancelled

Where is this guy from the Southtown,dizabo? He said the beast had the best defense in the state.

I don’t think so.
The non-stop BEAST hype made many a man nauseous.

A lot of students who go to Southland high schools are rejoicing in LWE's defeat today on social media. There is a certain arrogance associated with that program, and I'm not sure where it comes from. Is it from the administration, the coaching staff, the players or just a rabid fan base? I told a couple of East fans I know that I thought this game would be tight. They laughed me off and said East would roll. Some were already talking about where to meet up in Champaign next Saturday before the title game. East has a good program, but in my book, you need more than two state titles in 18 years to be considered a great program. That school has the resources and talent to make it downstate every year. If you don't believe me, look at the number of players they dress and the number of coaches they employ on the varsity level. Don't tell me how great you are. Show me how great you are by putting trophies into the school trophy case. And do it more than once every five or six years.

A lot of students who go to Southland high schools are rejoicing in LWE's defeat today on social media. There is a certain arrogance associated with that program, and I'm not sure where it comes from. Is it from the administration, the coaching staff, the players or just a rabid fan base? I told a couple of East fans I know that I thought this game would be tight. They laughed me off and said East would roll. Some were already talking about where to meet up in Champaign next Saturday before the title game. East has a good program, but in my book, you need more than two state titles in 18 years to be considered a great program. That school has the resources and talent to make it downstate every year. If you don't believe me, look at the number of players they dress and the number of coaches they employ on the varsity level. Don't tell me how great you are. Show me how great you are by putting trophies into the school trophy case. And do it more than once every five or six years.
Also all of their big screen tvs and I pads on the sidelines etc,and all of the braggadocio on the web

Very well said, HillRock86. Very well said, indeed.

It's Sunday so I'll drop a scripture to solidify your point...
Proverbs 16:18
"Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall."

Regarding LWE, I know you can only play the conference schedule dealt, but comparing the Loyola regular season to the Griffins' this year is revealing. The Ramblers must have become hardened via their losses, closer games and rivalry battles compared to East. For the latter, really no close games and the virtual absence of any rivals (aside from H-F) produced 48 minutes of pressure.
The D230 members of the league (Andrew, Sandburg, Stagg) have lost over 90% of their match-ups against the 3 remaining LW schools in the last several years and I suspect that number is much higher when you isolate East. Also, the intra-district conference rivalry with LWC and LWW is non-existent. For example, West and East have never even played each other.
Recent Griffin results have been among the best in the state, but I suspect they might feel somewhat trapped within their current conference structure. However, I doubt if much sympathy is widespread.

Regarding LWE, I know you can only play the conference schedule dealt, but comparing the Loyola regular season to the Griffins' this year is revealing. The Ramblers must have become hardened via their losses, closer games and rivalry battles compared to East. For the latter, really no close games and the virtual absence of any rivals (aside from H-F) produced 48 minutes of pressure.
The D230 members of the league (Andrew, Sandburg, Stagg) have lost over 90% of their match-ups against the 3 remaining LW schools in the last several years and I suspect that number is much higher when you isolate East. Also, the intra-district conference rivalry with LWC and LWW is non-existent. For example, West and East have never even played each other.
Recent Griffin results have been among the best in the state, but I suspect they might feel somewhat trapped within their current conference structure. However, I doubt if much sympathy is widespread.

Have to give LWE some credit for their non conference schedule. Last year it was main south and crete monee, this year Crete monee and Naperville central. Next year is Stevenson and Naperville central

The venom towards LWE in the Southland is understandable as other programs decline in the area. I would love to hear suggestions from those haters as to how we can all just be friends? Hillrock, please let me know what south side program has maintained a better 18 year run? Who likes winners to reside in your own back yard? As far as funding you are way off base with the financial situation in LW210 currently. Look at the payroll of the current coaching staff at H- F and facilities there and get back with me. All one needs to do is watch the conference re-shuffling to see what indicators are in place. I have to believe to dress close to one hundred athletes at the varsity level involves a ton of community support which is not evident in those other programs doing the moaning.

Anyone who wants to throw shade on LWE for failing to win their 27th straight game, the keyboard is all yours. From what I have read most are just envious and clueless in some cases.

Their should be ZERO shade thrown to any LWE players or coaches. Amazing run from an elite program.

“CCL Blue champs”
“Best team EVER”
“Running clock on Loyola”

Their posse was strong and definitely rubbed many posters the wrong way. But this is a public forum and expected.

Glad those posters were humbled.

I have no doubt they will have another tremendous season next.

Reactions: Gene K. and WIU78
Their should be ZERO shade thrown to any LWE players or coaches. Amazing run from an elite program.

“CCL Blue champs”
“Best team EVER”
“Running clock on Loyola”

Their posse was strong and definitely rubbed many posters the wrong way. But this is a public forum and expected.

Glad those posters were humbled.

I have no doubt they will have another tremendous season next.
Yes public forum That is why I said the keyboard is all yours.

Reactions: Iamjaytee
I remember a funny moment from earlier this season when AJ Henning's mom was interviewed live on TV during a game. They asked her when she started thinking her son was special, and she said when the Catholic schools started recruiting him in 8th grade.

I remember a funny moment from earlier this season when AJ Henning's mom was interviewed live on TV during a game. They asked her when she started thinking her son was special, and she said when the Catholic schools started recruiting him in 8th grade.
I'm very surprised to hear that - I can't believe that is correct - she must be mistaken as I'm sure he was actually being recruited while in the 5th grade!

That can't be true.

If the private school haters on this board are to be believed, Catholic schools can get any player they want. If that's the case, how does such a stud athlete wind up in a public school?

Reactions: Gene K.
That can't be true.

If the private school haters on this board are to be believed, Catholic schools can get any player they want. If that's the case, how does such a stud athlete wind up in a public school?

Definitely happened during the HF game. I don't know how scholarships work, but would they be full tuition amounts? If not, why wouldn't you play at LWE for free then?

To be honest the academic offerings at LWE are better than all but Benet on the southside. AJ and the family have priorities.

Predictable "recruiting" talk after mighty LWE goes down. As was said in prior posts, some LWE posters here rubbed many the wrong way. I won't judge the LWE nation on a few posters here, or say anything petty, but I did enjoy the game Saturday watching David slay Goliath.

Predictable "recruiting" talk after mighty LWE goes down. As was said in prior posts, some LWE posters here rubbed many the wrong way. I won't judge the LWE nation on a few posters here, or say anything petty, but I did enjoy the game Saturday watching David slay Goliath.
Dude, this was brought up (or ramped up I should say) by a Loyola guy after a harmless post about an interview with AJ's mom - we are just having fun, chill

When you refer to LWE as South Side, just curious as what you mean by that? South side of what?

Please tell is what description we should use when defining Frankfort. I can only wait for this one. It’s not too far for Mt. Carmel. Southwest suburban conference. Eastern Indiana?

Reactions: UlbKA91
Loyola ain't David

Please tell is what description we should use when defining Frankfort. I can only wait for this one. It’s not too far for Mt. Carmel. Southwest suburban conference. Eastern Indiana?
How about just saying Frankfort? I live on the South Side of Chicago I just never grouped Frankfort or Mokena in with being on the South Side, that’s all! No disrespect! If I wasn’t forced to live in Chicago I may be out there with ya.

If we said Frankfort, as I did at the gate for the Loyola game, one gets the look of a far off land. Come on down and help us feed the livestock.

Reactions: LAguy
If we said Frankfort, as I did at the gate for the Loyola game, one gets the look of a far off land. Come on down and help us feed the livestock.

LOL I know what you mean. It actually always drives me nuts that most of us in the south suburbs know the names of the northern burbs and generally where they are at. Northern burbs have no clue what is south of I-88 other than Naperville.

This will throw this topic way off but since it’s a off topic thread anyways, I truly would love to feed the livestock! Born and raised on the Southside and as the song says I’m proud of my Southside Irish Roots, but in 12 years when I turn in my badge, I’m outta here! I’ve seen enough.

That can't be true.

When the public school in your district has equal or better academics and a better football program than any catholic school in the area, it’s not really hard to understand.

LWE has a amazing program. I think some people are letting over-zellest posters on here as a direct reflection of their program. 18 years and counting and haven't missed the playoffs is impressive. 2 state championships in 18 years as a school is pretty dang impressive. You can't fault a program for there fans saying stupid or doing stupid stuff. I'm sure Naz didn't want the clown in the ref costume to cause all this nonsense for them. Z has a great thing going over there. They just fell to a great team. 2 wins short of the goal.

LWE has a amazing program. I think some people are letting over-zellest posters on here as a direct reflection of their program. 18 years and counting and haven't missed the playoffs is impressive. 2 state championships in 18 years as a school is pretty dang impressive. You can't fault a program for there fans saying stupid or doing stupid stuff. I'm sure Naz didn't want the clown in the ref costume to cause all this nonsense for them. Z has a great thing going over there. They just fell to a great team. 2 wins short of the goal.

As I said in an earlier post. East fans know they will be back. They fell short this year to a very good well coached team. This years lesson will run deep into next year I am sure.

LOL I know what you mean. It actually always drives me nuts that most of us in the south suburbs know the names of the northern burbs and generally where they are at. Northern burbs have no clue what is south of I-88 other than Naperville.
I try not to go south of I-290

Reactions: Dual-triple_threat
As I said in an earlier post. East fans know they will be back. They fell short this year to a very good well coached team. This years lesson will run deep into next year I am sure.
Henning plays at 100% this past Saturday and LWE is going to Champaign. They are terrific! They will be back every year going forward.

Reactions: woody6 and Gene K.
When the public school in your district has equal or better academics and a better football program than any catholic school in the area, it’s not really hard to understand.

Tell that to the haters who think that Catholic schools can enroll any stud athlete they want.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT