ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for a game

The_Oldfan

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2022
Looking for idea for games to watch in Week 8
I am admittedly a CS8 homer, but next week looks like five blowouts. Jacksonville may hang with n Rochester for a quarter or so, but still a blowout.

What I want is:
1. Mid level, 4A -6A
2. Meaningful. Two ranked teams or a conference championship or high playoff seed on the line.
3. Good streaming video

Any suggestions,?

7A St. Rita at 5A Providence

Obviously 7A doesn't interest you but gauging a team that may make some noise in 5A vs a quality team might interest you. I'll check on viewing options

Reactions: rocketnation
I recommend 4A Centralia(5-2) @ 5A Mt. Vernon(3-4). This game may not sound sexy at first, but let me explain.
If Centralia wins, they are the undisputed South Seven champions. But things get interesting if the lose.
A Mt. Vernon win would tie them at 3-2 in conference play with Centralia. It would also tie them with the winner of Althoff and Cahokia, who will also become 3-2 in S7 play.
The tiebreaker would become fewest points allowed against the other two teams.

Mt. Vernon wins the conference playoff qualification(a big deal since they have a tough matchup in week 9) by beating Centralia by 14 or more, plus either
1. Althoff wins and gives up 8 more than Mt. Vernon or
2. Cahokia wins and doesn’t give up 24 points less than Mt. Vernon.

Althoff wins the conference playoff berth with a win of their own and a Centralia loss, while also allowing 8+ less than Centralia.

Cahokia wins the conference playoff berth with a win of their own and a Centralia loss, while also allowing 37+ less than Centralia.

A good stream should be available here: https://youtube.com/c/WMIXSports

I recommend 4A Centralia(5-2) @ 5A Mt. Vernon(3-4). This game may not sound sexy at first, but let me explain.
If Centralia wins, they are the undisputed South Seven champions. But things get interesting if the lose.
A Mt. Vernon win would tie them at 3-2 in conference play with Centralia. It would also tie them with the winner of Althoff and Cahokia, who will also become 3-2 in S7 play.

Mt. Vernon wins the conference playoff qualification(a big deal since they have a tough matchup in week 9) by beating Centralia by 14 or more, plus either

Althoff wins the conference playoff berth with a win of their own and a Centralia loss, while also allowing 8+ less than Centralia.

Cahokia wins the conference playoff berth with a win of their own and a Centralia loss, while also allowing 37+ less than Centralia.

I like it. Is Bobby Brenneisen still coaching Centralia?

I like it. Is Bobby Brenneisen still coaching Centralia?
No, but when I checked the IHSA website for that info I found out that Centralia hasn’t made the playoffs since 2017(when he was still coaching). So that adds an extra fold to this story

Didn't Mt. Vernon forfeit the next 2 weeks

Sterling at Moline. Conference championship. Both teams 6-1. Great coverage on NFHS by Sterling. Warriors are the underdogs.
I consider the Sterling coverage to be among the best in the state, both from an announcing prospective and camera work quality. And I believe they still have in-game REPLAYS, which a lot of game-streaming does not!

I consider the Sterling coverage to be among the best in the state, both from an announcing prospective and camera work quality. And I believe they still have in-game REPLAYS, which a lot of game-streaming does not!
They do indeed still have in game replays along with stats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT