ADVERTISEMENT

LA v Marist

As I’ve posted before, Marist is a wonderful school both academically and athletically. It’s no surprise that they have been victorious over LA as well as many other schools. This Marist team is large, fast and has already beaten LA and will try to punch them in the mouth thus Saturday. LA is predominantly sophomores and juniors who are very well coached and doing the best they can. Hopefully they won’t be overwhelmed. There are a great many people who believe Marist will win this game. We shall see.

Where are you seeing this? I have seen hardly anyone picking Marist to win this week.

Where are you seeing this? I have seen hardly anyone picking Marist to win this week.

I don't know if Marist will win outright, but Marist is playing very well right now with a lot of confidence. I wouldn't bet either way on a straight odds bet.

I would bet Marist if they are getting +3 or more.

You’re an idiot. No one would do that purposely. Just the kids doing what they can to make a tackle. My friends nephew who currently plays for Marist told him that before #14 was injured he was tackled and/or ran out of bounds on the Marist sidelines and said to the Marist “Are your ready for your f@#king season to be over?” What a kid.

Really? That is gonna bother you? I have no problem with a kid saying that. If you don't think that kind of talk goes on all the time, you are crazy.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
You’re an idiot. No one would do that purposely. Just the kids doing what they can to make a tackle. My friends nephew who currently plays for Marist told him that before #14 was injured he was tackled and/or ran out of bounds on the Marist sidelines and said to the Marist “Are your ready for your f@#king season to be over?” What a kid.

From the Chicago Sun Times: “I was playing for the seniors,” Pemberton said. “Christo Kelly, I’ve been playing with him since sixth grade. Matty Mangan, I’ve been playing basketball with him since, like, seventh grade. I didn’t want this to be the last game for them.”

What a kid, indeed. I'll take him and several more just like him.

21-21 at Half

Marist continues to key in on 14 and JT will kill you. Marist is very good and fast! LA’s D needs to settle down so does Marist’s. This is going to be a barn burner! Good luck to both squads. Hope both stay healthy because LWE or HF are going to be a huge task for either squad. Hang on to your hats folks! And if you don’t have a hat, go to the store and buy one, and get ready to hang the f&@$ onto it! Let’s go!

Last edited:
Reactions: crusaderpride
Congrats to Marist! Great win men! Now go get ‘em next week! Would love to see a Rice v. Marist in the finals. Although Rice has some work to do today.

Great season Ramblers! Something like 11 straight years in the quarters. Young team and they should be right back in the run again next year!

Good luck to Rice, Reta and the RedHawks, Naz and all the CL’rs! Of course, good luck to the men of MC! Go bring back the title!

Hope all the boys (public and private) stay safe the rest of the journey!

Good thing marist doesnt read the posts on here or else they wouldn't even have showed up. Being 3 td dogs and all according to some.

Sorry man. Loyola has a fantastic program and was very impressed by the school today. Great season. Gotta expect there to be some chatter though after (almost) nobody gave the hawks a chance in this one.

Reactions: Gene K.
Sorry man. Loyola has a fantastic program and was very impressed by the school today. Great season. Gotta expect there to be some chatter though after (almost) nobody gave the hawks a chance in this one.
No worries! Fun game! Now go beat the Griffins!

Reactions: lookoutforliam
Congrats to Marist. Dawczak, staff and kids did a great job. They didn’t seem phased by the thought of beating a tough team twice at their home. I said they’d lose by 2 TD’s. Oops

Reactions: Skins93
Congrats to Marist! Great win men! Now go get ‘em next week! Would love to see a Rice v. Marist in the finals. Although Rice has some work to do today.

Great season Ramblers! Something like 11 straight years in the quarters. Young team and they should be right back in the run again next year!

Good luck to Rice, Reta and the RedHawks, Naz and all the CL’rs! Of course, good luck to the men of MC! Go bring back the title!

Hope all the boys (public and private) stay safe the rest of the journey!

Class post!

I know!!! I gotta root for a CL team! I have the greatest respect for LWE and their community! Good luck to both squads! Should be a heck of a game. LWE is a special program. Good luck Corey! You are one of my favorite posters!

No hate here want to be clear I am a big fan of Loyola Holacek etc. great game(s) and after the season we may look back at these two teams as two of the states finest. I think we southsiders always have a chip on our shoulder but I’ll tell you this. CCL ESCC is alive and well. Brother rice just scores as I type this. Great season for ramblers and I appreciate your trek Indiana to face off against Iggy Cleveland. Peace.

7? At least that. They lost 4 games. Enough with the Loyola love fest.
1 to the probable 7a champ, 2 to the same team, and 1pretty bad loss it looks like to Iggy Indiana. I really don't see how they are as overrated as you claim. I think too 10 is definitely reasonable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT