ADVERTISEMENT

LA v Marist

Bowie50

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2013
The Revenge Tour Part II. With a healthy Pemberton and a pissed off LA team, I think the Red Hawks will have their hands full. Running Pemberton out of the wildcat reminded me of a faster, shorter Marwede with much lower pad level. Maybe it is just the #14. Pemberton is a beast and a game changer.

This will be an interesting game. I just have a strange hunch that Marist might eek out a victory, 15-14. They seem to be hitting on all cylinders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skins93
Saturday at Sachs looks to be mostly sunny with a high of 43°, only a 10% chance of precipitation, winds out of the south, providing a near-perfect environment for mid-November prep football.
Probably go with the big pot of chili, medium heat, diced Vidalias, shredded cheddar. PBRs and a Chas Shaw cab.
Solid defensive football, possession offense, 80% between the 30s, hoping for a 16-13 Rambler win.

Watching that game I thought of Marwede too. Worked well, for both of them.

Talk about Bulletin Board Material. No One seemed to think Marist could go into Wilmette in a must win game and pull out the W. Think that is probably how the Redskins want it though. I would not count them out however.

Reactions: Skins93
Marist is bigger, faster and hungrier. They’ve won once so they know it can be done again. My college roommate and Marist alum whose nephew starts for Marist, says that they intend to show up and not get cute but to bully the Ramblers. Can you bully a Holocek team? I guess we’ll find out.

Marist is bigger, faster and hungrier. They’ve won once so they know it can be done again. My college roommate and Marist alum whose nephew starts for Marist, says that they intend to show up and not get cute but to bully the Ramblers. Can you bully a Holocek team? I guess we’ll find out.
Oh

Reactions: lookoutforliam
My brother's grade school friends cousin said Loyola is going to show up as well.....

Damn, I might just have to catch a flight in from philly to catch this game!

Just curious, was this a sarcastic take or were you being serious? If you're not up for the quarterfinals, There is something wrong. Bully LA? Seems like an interesting strategy. I guess it's a better tactic than Libertyville's back in the day. Saturday both teams are 0-0. I anticipate it will be a hard hitting, well played game.

Everyone has a plan til they get punched in the mouth.
Both teams will be "punching" from the opening kickoff. What is said during the week matters little once the game starts.

Reactions: penlight
The Revenge Tour Part II. With a healthy Pemberton and a pissed off LA team, I think the Red Hawks will have their hands full. Running Pemberton out of the wildcat reminded me of a faster, shorter Marwede with much lower pad level. Maybe it is just the #14. Pemberton is a beast and a game changer.
Just curious, was this a sarcastic take or were you being serious? If you're not up for the quarterfinals, There is something wrong. Bully LA? Seems like an interesting strategy. I guess it's a better tactic than Libertyville's back in the day. Saturday both teams are 0-0. I anticipate it will be a hard hitting, well played game.
Apparently one of Marist's other strategies in the first game was to go after #14's knees...you can see on film the DB from Marist crouched low and put his helmet right on his knee which is why he was out against Maine South...it's a physical game and injuries happen but a tackle like that only has one purpose and that is to purposefully hurt a player...

Apparently one of Marist's other strategies in the first game was to go after #14's knees...you can see on film the DB from Marist crouched low and put his helmet right on his knee which is why he was out against Maine South...it's a physical game and injuries happen but a tackle like that only has one purpose and that is to purposefully hurt a player...
Marist is a volleyball school - they're taught to go low

Reactions: dweise
This is absolutely horrendous take if you really think Marist had a bounty out. There is 0% chance Marist game planned to hurt 14. LA took a chance at playing there best player while injured in a game that did not mean a whole lot to them and it backfired on them. Kids at the younger levels are not taught to tackle high anymore with all the concussions that are occurring and sadly that is leading to knee injuries. Marist came through and won the game just as I think they will do again Saturday. They may be the hottest team in the state right now.

They may be the hottest team in the state right now.

It was a huge win for them up at Loyola to get into the playoffs and the offense has looked better but I think it is quite a stretch to say they are the hottest team in the state right now. They had a very favorable draw to get to the Quarters, in my opinion they had the best draw in 8A besides Rice who had one of the best draws for a lower seed as you can get. Was a nice run by Marist to get playoff eligible after a very tough schedule and get to the Quaterfinals again but I think this one could be a 2 score LA victory on Sat.

Reactions: Gene K.
Hard to beat a good team twice in the same season especially on the road. LA in this one. Should be close.

This is absolutely horrendous take if you really think Marist had a bounty out. There is 0% chance Marist game planned to hurt 14. LA took a chance at playing there best player while injured in a game that did not mean a whole lot to them and it backfired on them. Kids at the younger levels are not taught to tackle high anymore with all the concussions that are occurring and sadly that is leading to knee injuries. Marist came through and won the game just as I think they will do again Saturday. They may be the hottest team in the state right now.
Who said anything about a bounty? But the film absolutely does not lie. GW battled the hell out of Loyola and nearly pulled off the upset. You didn't see one GW player go low like that and they bottled #14 up for a lot of the game until he wore them down in the 4th quarter.

Who said anything about a bounty? But the film absolutely does not lie. GW battled the hell out of Loyola and nearly pulled off the upset. You didn't see one GW player go low like that and they bottled #14 up for a lot of the game until he wore them down in the 4th quarter.
When you say a teams game plan was to hurt a player that sounds alot like a bounty that is all i am saying. I will try and get ahold of Marist coaching and make sure they are careful with there tackling this week and put down a pillow before tackling 14 to the ground.

When you say a teams game plan was to hurt a player that sounds alot like a bounty that is all i am saying. I will try and get ahold of Marist coaching and make sure they are careful with there tackling this week and put down a pillow before tackling 14 to the ground.
Shots fired. Speak quietly and carry a big stick. I wish both teams luck this weekend. Personally, I think this will be a completely different game than the first. But, hey I am just a guy typing on a computer in my office....

Reactions: Bowie50
LA knows what it takes to win.... period. Playing at home with a chance to get LWE - this is the Revenge Tour 2 again for LA.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT