ADVERTISEMENT

Kaleb Brown Transferring to Iowa

first n10

Aug 10, 2009
The former Ohio State wide receiver announced Thursday that he is transferring to Iowa, choosing to become a Hawkeye just four days after he entered his name into the transfer portal

Iowa puts a lot of players into the NFL.

They are just always missing a QB and a passing game.

Reactions: whitesox05

TE's and LB's are golden there but they haven't had a dynamic playmaker at the skill positions in a long time. Marvin McNutt.....before him it think it was Tim Dwight! I'm sure I'm missing a few but speed wideouts have never been their game.

I really like this move for both Iowa and KB… think Iowa offense will look a lot different as long as they keep Cade M. healthy.

Hopefully Iowa gets the ball in KB hands all over the field and let him work. McNamera was a good short-intermediate passer at Michigan, and I think that fits well into what KB can do for Iowa.

A receiver leaves Iowa to go play with his childhood friend QB at Purdue, so Iowa is a trash place for WRs? That sounds like a giant leap...one that I wouldn't make.

Reactions: kkhawk
A receiver leaves Iowa to go play with his childhood friend QB at Purdue, so Iowa is a trash place for WRs? That sounds like a giant leap...one that I wouldn't make.
No Iowa is a trash place for WRs due to a father being unable to see his kid is completely over matched. In the last 15 NFL drafts they have produced a 5th round and 6th round pick at WR and that’s it. Good luck to the kid but it’s a terrible choice based on their history of developing WRs.

Last edited:
I agree, he shouldn't be the offensive coordinator but I also think when they have a decent QB the offense is basically fine... both can be true.

I also think the majority of Big Ten schools don't develop highly drafted WRs, so if he wanted to play near home there's not a ton of options. The Illini, for example, have more than two WRs drafted in the last 15-20 years? I doubt it.

I agree, he shouldn't be the offensive coordinator but I also think when they have a decent QB the offense is basically fine... both can be true.

I also think the majority of Big Ten schools don't develop highly drafted WRs, so if he wanted to play near home there's not a ton of options. The Illini, for example, have more than two WRs drafted in the last 15-20 years? I doubt it.
I don’t get the Mcnarama is going to change the offense. He was a QB for a very good running team now he’s going to Iowa LOL.

Reactions: kwamizee

In the last 15 drafts IL has had 2 picks same as Iowa but they were 1st and 2nd picks so big difference.

Reactions: all4theillini
Those two guys played for Ron Zook, correct? That means they have zero the past 10 years... so no, not seeing the big difference.

I don’t get the Mcnarama is going to change the offense. He was a QB for a very good running team now he’s going to Iowa LOL.
It’ll be the same offense, the only difference is Iowa will be able to move the chains via pass from time to time and will be effective. The Defense was excellent last year.

All they need is a QB to manage the game and keep Ds honest and Iowa wins B1G West, which is exactly what I think happens this season.

It’ll be the same offense, the only difference is Iowa will be able to move the chains via pass from time to time and will be effective. The Defense was excellent last year.

All they need is a QB to manage the game and keep Ds honest and Iowa wins B1G West, which is exactly what I think happens this season.
At the end of the day, Iowa got them a playmaker. There offense was suspect last year. KB and Mc will change the narrative.

At the end of the day, Iowa got them a playmaker. There offense was suspect last year. KB and Mc will change the narrative.
Goes back to my point that a playmaker had to leave that offense to become a playmaker.

They were never my goalposts. It was clownbaby who brought up the 15-20 year thing, not me (which I understand because Iowa has had the same coach). I made a point about the last 10 years... that was true.

Ron Zook has no bearing on the current program any more than Mike White does. But, hey, whatever makes you feel good.

An Iowa WR was the Bears MVP this season. Costa them a couple of games that helped secure the top pick.

They were never my goalposts. It was clownbaby who brought up the 15-20 year thing, not me (which I understand because Iowa has had the same coach). I made a point about the last 10 years... that was true.

Ron Zook has no bearing on the current program any more than Mike White does. But, hey, whatever makes you feel good.
Quite a few things make me feel good. Moving the goalposts to fit a narrative doesn’t.

It's not moving goalposts, it's called common sense.

If you want to talk about a 15-20 year time frame with Iowa, it's fair because the same head coach is there.

With Illinois, going through coaches like paper bags, it's obviously not relevant going back that far.

But if it fits your narrative, you certainly have no problem doing it.

• Haha
I don't think him and I are probably having the same conversation.

My point is simple: If you feel like he'd be better off transferring to Illinois, that's fine. Maybe you have your reasons. I don't agree with you.

But you can't tell me he'd be better off there because of Arrelious Benn and where he was drafted, who played for Ron Zook. That makes no sense.

• Haha
It's hard to turn down the offer when one of the schools that are always in the NC hunt comes calling so I'll never fault a kid for taking that route.

More locally we had a kid transfer from Drake to Kansas to play basketball. Heavy minutes at Drake to barely playing at Kansas. But he won a national championship. Guess it depends on your goals and bucket list items.

If they ever could land a 5 star QB they'd be something! Always have a solid OL, great TEs, and a stout defense.

The offense is just poo poo though.

Reactions: Wassup13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT