ADVERTISEMENT

IHSA scheduling just right for the 1960s

You bitch about the games and the coverage yet you can’t get off your posterior and go watch it live. Man up or stop bitching

I didn't think you'd stoop to wild exaggeration. What bitching did I do regarding the games? My coverage complaint was the total lack of publicity. I made a suggestion regarding programming, but it was hardly vicious,

How do you justify insinuating yourself into my private life?

I didn't think you'd stoop to wild exaggeration. What bitching did I do regarding the games? My coverage complaint was the total lack of publicity. I made a suggestion regarding programming, but it was hardly vicious,

How do you justify insinuating yourself into my private life?

You post on a public board so it’s free reign. There is football south of I 80 as much as that hurts your delicate sensibilities.

Sorry that the winter weather hurts your feelings.

You post on a public board so it’s free reign. There is football south of I 80 as much as that hurts your delicate sensibilities.

Sorry that the winter weather hurts your feelings.

I always thought of you as one of the more thoughtful posters here, but it seems you're as afraid to consider new ideas as many of these other guys.

You're just looking for something to complain about. I was talking about maximizing TV exposure and attracting new viewers. It was just an idea - no one was making any actual changes. You read the parts you wanted to and came to some conclusion about snubbing southern Illinois.

Do you follow MLB playoffs? Have you noticed that the Yankees are almost always the prime time game - regardless of their record? Unlike the IHSA, MLB is trying to boost ratings - no matter if some Cleveland fan's feelings are hurt.

Delicate sensibilities? Have you noticed how many other posters are on my case? If I were so delicate, I'd have dropped off this board years ago.
I don't pick fights, but I certainly don't back off. My only comment, here, is that many of their shots are so weak. Some Montini guy keeps making jokes about my age. I'm very pleased with my age. Most folks don't make it this far. I hope he does. I'm surprised so many of you guys can't do better.

Will I still see you at the Silo?

Boost ratings???? Most people in the state can't see the games unless they subscribed to NFHS. It's obviuous that ratings are not an issue

Boost ratings???? Most people in the state can't see the games unless they subscribed to NFHS. It's obviuous that ratings are not an issue

I hope Newt has a chance to read this guy's post.

Most people? The game is on stations all across the state. If your cable or dish outfit isn't carrying it, you can get an indoor antenna for about $25. And what's the big deal about subscribing to NFHS? It'll cost you ten bucks for a month.

Again, like many posters, Newt included, some guy goes half-cocked about something without thinking it through. Most?

I always thought of you as one of the more thoughtful posters here, but it seems you're as afraid to consider new ideas as many of these other guys.

You're just looking for something to complain about. I was talking about maximizing TV exposure and attracting new viewers. It was just an idea - no one was making any actual changes. You read the parts you wanted to and came to some conclusion about snubbing southern Illinois.

Do you follow MLB playoffs? Have you noticed that the Yankees are almost always the prime time game - regardless of their record? Unlike the IHSA, MLB is trying to boost ratings - no matter if some Cleveland fan's feelings are hurt.

Delicate sensibilities? Have you noticed how many other posters are on my case? If I were so delicate, I'd have dropped off this board years ago.
I don't pick fights, but I certainly don't back off. My only comment, here, is that many of their shots are so weak. Some Montini guy keeps making jokes about my age. I'm very pleased with my age. Most folks don't make it this far. I hope he does. I'm surprised so many of you guys can't do better.

Will I still see you at the Silo?
Without question! I wouldn’t miss the Edgy Silo Summitt!

I hope Newt has a chance to read this guy's post.

Most people? The game is on stations all across the state. If your cable or dish outfit isn't carrying it, you can get an indoor antenna for about $25. And what's the big deal about subscribing to NFHS? It'll cost you ten bucks for a month.

Again, like many posters, Newt included, some guy goes half-cocked about something without thinking it through. Most?

I did pay the $10 for the month. And many of the people I know have pretty much dropped cable/satellite TV and just stream what they want or need and I never installed a TV antenna when I built my house so I dont get WCIU and dont really care. I will still stand by my point that they don"t really care about ratings since a company bid for the broadcast rights to get to broadcast the games.Now they on the other hand might care about ratings....IHSA got their $$$

I didn't really quote you for any reason other than to direct my reply.

I can only hope that if I'm still posting on Edgy's Board in 18 years that I will be as grumpy as you can be sometimes. :) And, twice as grumpy as some of the posters think you are.

Go Caravan.

I didn't really quote you for any reason other than to direct my reply.

I can only hope that if I'm still posting on Edgy's Board in 18 years that I will be as grumpy as you can be sometimes. :) And, twice as grumpy as some of the posters think you are.

Go Caravan.

Actually, I'm rather easy going. I just like to protect my team.

As long as I can draw a breath, I'll be happy to give Buffon a hard time.

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
When do you actually see any highlights of smaller downstate schools in the Tribune or sun-times or on the Comcast sports network? Look at the top 25 players in the states and see where the majority are located so the guy has a point I don't see why we need 8 state champions thats another topic

When do you actually see any highlights of smaller downstate schools in the Tribune or sun-times or on the Comcast sports network? Look at the top 25 players in the states and see where the majority are located so the guy has a point I don't see why we need 8 state champions thats another topic
Feel free to tell classes 1-4A that their hard work means nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT