ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Test Day!

It’s definitely a young man’s game. Lynch has the energy and is really just a few years removed from being in their shoes and having to make the same choice. He’s given 110% to getting out there and making himself available to kids and it’s paying off.
Color me impressed. He blew my hudl view theory out of the water. 12k is a steep price to pay to battle for 3rd string. But there’s no denying the numbers and early success of his HS coaching career.

Reactions: crusaderpride
I heard 132 at Montini, thats a COED number also. Can you say Driscoll all over again???

I heard 132 at Montini, thats a COED number also. Can you say Driscoll all over again???

lol, you know nothing...

We should also be playing in 7A with our 70 incoming freshman boys. 1A per 10 boys should be the average. So technically the smallest of the original CCL-B should be playing 14A.

Man, that is a real bad sign if Rice is losing kids from Redeemer...My class had tons.

Don't know the numbers for this year but Rice doesn't have the stranglehold on Redeemer like they used to. Good amount of Marist/Carmel/Rita alums in that neighborhood is spreading things around. I'd say Rice is still draws the most but it isn't 90-95% of boys like it has been traditionally.

It’s definitely a young man’s game. Lynch has the energy and is really just a few years removed from being in their shoes and having to make the same choice. He’s given 110% to getting out there and making himself available to kids and it’s paying off.
Another thing going for STL and MC with their young, energetic coaches is that it’s still their recruiting honeymoon period.

They haven’t experienced the angry parents of juniors and seniors when over half of them realize they were sold a bill of goods as 8th graders and then the whispers start at the parishes and then going to the 8th grade games can become uncomfortable. Every Southside Catholic HS coach goes through it because only 22 get to start on varsity.

Another thing going for STL and MC with their young, energetic coaches is that it’s still their recruiting honeymoon period.

They haven’t experienced the angry parents of juniors and seniors when over half of them realize they were sold a bill of goods as 8th graders and then the whispers start at the parishes and then going to the 8th grade games can become uncomfortable. Every Southside Catholic HS coach goes through it because only 22 get to start on varsity.

I love unrealistic parents. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am not sure about that number, but I am checking with my friends at Montini. I heard SF was a little over 200. Not sure on that.
Montini needs to get crackin on the last minute midnight transfers in of stud football players. That would help alleviate the angst of some folks on Edgy and help to revive the "montini pays athletes to attend school" crowd.

Montini needs to get crackin on the last minute midnight transfers in of stud football players. That would help alleviate the angst of some folks on Edgy and help to revive the "montini pays athletes to attend school" crowd.

I think what they need is another member of the Borsellino crew to come through the program.

After coming in and replacing Frank Lenti I think Coach Lynch is pretty well battle tested facing angry parent, alumni and media mobs. Changing the offense, replacing players, he went through the ringer with parents trust me and he handled it well. Coach Nissen, to a lesser degree profile and media wise, faced the same parental mobs when he replaced Blackmon and changed the offense so late in the year.

Angry parents and the stories they will conjure up in their minds if they feel their sons are being passed up is an occupational hazard of coaching at this level. If you can’t handle it, your in the wrong profession.

I’ve gone through this process a couple times and I have listened to many parents spew their tales of wrong doings by area coaches while sitting on the sidelines or on a barstool and I’ve shook my head and said “ Oh man, that sucks” just to get them to shut up but in reality I knew their kid wasn’t all that great and if he was, they’d find a place for him on the field.

Catholic grade schools on the South Side don’t have near the numbers they did 10-15-20 years ago so if you hear a school got 6 boys that tested, that’s probably a high number.

Any numbers on DePaul, Pats, and ND?

Well-placed moles throughout the NW side of Chicago tell me that ND tested between 210 and 220 boys and St. Pat's tested ~140 boys. No clue on DePaul but I do know they have been doing well since the (unfortunate) rebrand.

I think testing numbers should be something everyone is concerned about--not so much to have a pissing contest between the schools but because the numbers impact their very survival. Pat's and Res numbers both (reportedly) down yet again. Already a partnership between the schools with the Christian Brothers taking over Res. If numbers continue to decrease, the feasibility of a merger may be further explored (although I am hoping not).

Reactions: eireog
Plus, this turned out to be an interesting thread, mixing some thoughtful comments with a little comedy, like high school.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
That would have been her mantra too, but if you try to correct everything you read online, you will die of frustration at an early age.
Wouldn’t bother trying to correct everything.
They’re trying their best, hopefully someday they will get there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT