Oct 1, 2009
I was texting a friend with my schedule for today

11am ReliaQuest Bowl Wisconsin vs Auburn

12pm Citrus Bowl Iowa vs Tennessee

1201pm Fiesta Bowl Liberty vs Oregon

2pm NHL WinterClassic Vegas at Seattle

4pm Rose Bowl Michigan vs Alabama

750pm Sugar Bowl Washington vs Texas

when I realized that there are really only 4 days that I actually plan a Sports TV day and I rank them:

1. NFL Conference Championship Sunday

2. IHSA Friday and Saturday Thanksgiving Weekend

3. New Years Day Bowl games and Winter Classic

4. Super Bowl

EDIT: 5. Masters Sunday

Do you have a Fab Four or Top 3 sport days?

Happy New Year Edgyland!!!

Last edited:
1-IHSA Football Championship Thanksgiving weekend

2-1st week of the NCAA basketball tourney, where you can watch up to 12 hours a day Thursday/Sunday

3-Week 1 IHSA Football regular season

4-NFL Conference Championships

Football is my favorite sport, but the NCAA tourney is a good call. 12 hours of win or go home games can make for some great television.

1- NLCS/ALCS
2- world series
3- NCAA world series
4- CFB semifinal games
5- March madness round 1/2

The older I get the less interest I have in NFL that's for sure

Reactions: caravan8
Ihsa finals so much better than nfl playoffs and college bowl games.

Yuk for baseball.

Transfer portal and sitting out screwed up college bowls.

Players leaving for nba frosh and soph years screwed up ncaa tourney.

Hockey too many teams in playoffs.

Ihsa finals by far #1

Reactions: rocketnation
Agree with conference championship sunday. But for me, the best pure sports days is anytime christmas falls near the weekend. NBA on starting at 11 and then usually some top meaningful NFL games.

I'm very fond of the IHSA Selection Night, as well as all MC post eason games. I do enjoy watching other CCL teams in November action, as well. Sox games with Jason and Steve (oh, wait a minute!)

Something I was really hoping to enjoy tonight was watching Harbaugh lose, but it wasn't to be. I can't stand him. On a related note, now that Saban's gone three years without the big trophy, will he lose some of his luster down in Alabama?

BTW, did Texas underestimate Washington?

One of my very favorite events was the MLB all star game, but not anymore. I turned off last summer's game after four innings. The problems: too many in-game promotions; conducting in-game interviews while the player is on the field; those awful, awful uniforms and replays of practically everything. At least, Joe buck is gone.

Something else I hate is the post-game for the NCAA Mens basketball championship. That hokey net-cutitng ceremony is awful, but it's not as bad as the incredibly sappy "One moment in time" nonsense.

MC63...I thought this thread was about your favorite sports TV day and not what you hate about sports on today's TV...although I do agree with some of what you say.

Impossible for me to point to just one day or one weekend. I love all of the NFL playoffs and most of the NHL playoffs. And we have been very lucky with the Super Bowl in recent years. There have been some good games. I will begin to have NFL withdrawals this weekend as the regular season schedule comes to a conclusion. That is because it will be the final week RedZone shows the TD montage at the end of the Sunday games and before the evening game.

Like MC63, I used to like the MLB All Star game but I haven't watched a whole game in maybe 20-30 years. Basketball just bores me...not a fan of the game or culture.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
more events, not just a single day, but my list would be:

Opening 2 rounds of NCAA tournament (thurs thru sunday)
Masters week
British Open week
NFC/AFC championship Sunday

No specific MLB event stands out, but I watch a lot of it
Watch a lot of NCAA softball, especially the WCWS
Watch a lot of college and pro football

Reactions: rocketnation
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT