ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Test Day!

Heard MC high
BR lower than last year but higher than 2 years ago
SR lower

Call it 220, 180, 165

Everyone else hearing the same?

Congrats MC Family if my sources are correct!
And sorry for the ambiguous numbers. I think you’d have to be on the phone in the arch dioceses to get the exact numbers nowadays.

I almost have to go consensus on this info now when I ask around. @Topiary @McCaravan might be able to corroborate.

I don’t ask for Marist since they went co-ed and usually fill up their seats

MC 228 with a few more next week for make up.
@RockSoup hearing similar as to what you posted for the others, nada on Marist yet but heard big again

Reactions: RockSoup
I hope those coming into the testing rooms from St. Michael's in Orland have the strength of persevering recent tragedies and disappointing new developments. Good luck to all; it will be my turn as anxious parent next year.
I hope the parish can heal. Such a tragedy

Last edited:
Reactions: McCaravan
South Side Finals I’m told, give or take a few

Marist- 274
MC- 227
STL- 195
De- 184
BR- 179
SR- 140

Those are boys total for the co-Ed schools

For anyone interested in the girls numbers heard Marist at 264 and MMC at 310. Heard the overall for StL was about 300 so looks like they had about 200 girls as well.

What is the ideal number these schools would like to get? I know it’s as many as possible but realistically what’s a good number for each?

For anyone interested in the girls numbers heard Marist at 264 and MMC at 310. Heard the overall for StL was about 300 so looks like they had about 200 girls as well.

What is the ideal number these schools would like to get? I know it’s as many as possible but realistically what’s a good number for each?
The thing about test day is that it’s great to get a bunch to show up to the test and it’s a credit to the schools recruitment department but what matters is how many kids show in August, and more importantly how many stay the four years. What ever number you see above subtract 25-30 for how many show in August and subtract another 30-40 for those who filter out through the 4 years....they will pick up some along the way too.

Reactions: Gene K.

Math question
STL 195 boys +200 girls = 395 total

Reactions: Gene K. and IgorStL
Yeah, could be a "last straw" situation. Reminds me of when a coworker didnt get his now 7th grade (same as mine) daughter into Decatur magnet and had to send her to NCA, used to growl at the red shirts downtown during the fall 2012 picket marches.

When was the last time St. Laurence tested more boys than Rice? Coed is working for them.
Rest assured, they didn’t, the number you guys have for BR is off by a pretty good amount. Don’t know who got those & from where, but Fake news.

Rice had 180. From several reliable sources. Four admissions personnel and 180. Lucy, yous got some esplaing to do!

Rest assured, they didn’t, the number you guys have for BR is off by a pretty good amount. Don’t know who got those & from where, but Fake news.

what number are you hearing? I’ve heard 179 from a few people.

Maybe Rita is shooting for 4a with Rochester in 5a
That is a very low number.

What was Rice and Laurence last year?
40,50 lower for Rice this year?

ADVERTISEMENT