ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Test Day!

Rest assured, they didn’t, the number you guys have for BR is off by a pretty good amount. Don’t know who got those & from where, but Fake news.

Still will perennially lose in the quarters with an occasional loss in the semifinals. Why would a decent football player choose Rice over a Marist, MC or SR?

Still will perennially lose in the quarters with an occasional loss in the semifinals. Why would a decent football player choose Rice over a Marist, MC or SR?

A man logs into a high school football board after drinking on a Saturday night.

Feels better about himself by talking bad and putting down another school and their kids.

:rolleyes:

BR has never been a football power.

They will be very good next season.

I hope montini is too.

Anomaly year and I notice how you all conveniently don’t address his rip of 5A.

He was being sarcastic and critical of BR’s low test number. I don’t think any BR alum actually wants BR to be in 5A.

Fortunately, this projected small incoming class will be replacing a small current senior class so it will be a wash and BR should still be on the edge of 8A/7A.

You asked why any good football player would pick BR over Marist and St. Rita. Well they’ve beat Marist 4 out of last 5 and are 5-2 vs Rita in the Badke era.

More facts...

Montini is a well-respected 5A program and annual state contender.

BR hasn’t won a state title since 1981 and therefore isn’t a football power.

BR gave Montini two of its worst beatings in recent history in 2016 (42-7) and 2018 (31-0).

To answer your question honestly and as someone whose kids played at LA, including my daughters, the thought process for most responsible parents supersedes just football.
Maybe the cost factor of the schools. Possibly attending a school that offers a co ed education. As a parent, are you comfortable with the safety of the neighborhood? Grade school buddies, legacy. Academic reputation and the university’s acceptance rate of kids from that particular high school. There are many factors in play beyond football.

Reactions: Bwm57
Side note ... during our Christmas party Friday, I learned a new tech guy at work went to Saint Ignatius ... I referred to it as Iggy, twice and each time he (politely) said full name. I could tell it pained him a little the first time I said it so I had to do it again. Depends if I don’t end up liking him, if his nickname becomes Iggy.

Also, I heard the test number at St Laurence was a little over 300 total, with a little over a 60/40 split boy-to-girl. Which means that the 190ish number is correct.

Side note ... during our Christmas party Friday, I learned a new tech guy at work went to Saint Ignatius ... I referred to it as Iggy, twice and each time he (politely) said full name. I could tell it pained him a little the first time I said it so I had to do it again. Depends if I don’t end up liking him, if his nickname becomes Iggy.
You're so mean. I like it! :)

But having an IT guy as an enemy might not be the best.

He sounds extremely soft

Reactions: Bowie50
Keep calling him Iggy! That’s awesome! My dad is Iggy class of ‘59 and he calls it Iggy. That guys a tool. Generally, IT guys aren’t much fun.

Reactions: crusaderpride
@krock the house

DLS did test 183 Boys and probably another 20 with a make up exam. They will fight to get 150 boys out of that number due to selective enrollment. Heard Montini tested 132 (Thats a CoED number, not sure of breakdown)

Reactions: Gene K.
If anyone has time, they should make a spread sheet with the schools listed above and include this years numbers, last years numbers and tuition. We can add/revise each year. Could be cool.

South Side Finals I’m told, give or take a few

Marist- 274
MC- 227
STL- 195
De- 184
BR- 179
SR- 140

Those are boys total for the co-Ed schools

South Side CCL members better cross their fingers and hope northern Illinois keeps losing.

With lynch in place and stacking back to back dominate classes there is nothing stopping MC from going on a Dominate run for the next 4yrs.

Top talent, depth, top level coaching = MC.

Next Year NIU goes 3-8 and goes after Jordan?

Worst thing that happened to SR and BR was Lenti leaving.

Last edited:
Reactions: StopFakeNews
@krock the house

DLS did test 183 Boys and probably another 20 with a make up exam. They will fight to get 150 boys out of that number due to selective enrollment. Heard Montini tested 132 (Thats a CoED number, not sure of breakdown)
But, I'm sure that 53 of the Montini testers are Rivals 4-star or better. They should play in 9A this year.

Last edited:
School - 2018 test | 2019 test | +/- | Tuition
Marist - 288 | 274 | -14 | $12,945.00
MC - 224 | 227 | +3 | $12,200.00
STL - 131 | 195 | +64 | $10,550.00
BR - 258 | 179 | -79 | $12,480.00
SR - 185 | 140 | -45 | $12,915.00
DLS - 185 | 184 | -1 | $12,700.00

No easy way to format. Numbers are taken from this year/last year's test day posts. Tuition via google/school websites.

What are the implications of poor numbers? What's the minimum # of students needed? I'm not asking for exact numbers, but the difference is interesting.

For example sake, let's say the test #s are the actual number of students that register. Let's also say they get the same # of students each year for 4 years.

MC - 275 x 4 = 1,100. 1,100 x $12,200.00 = $13,420,000.00
SR - 140 x 4 = 560. 560 x $12,915.00 = $7,232,400.00

Pretty significant difference.

South Side CCL members better cross their fingers and hope northern Illinois keeps losing.

With lynch in place and stacking back to back dominate classes there is nothing stopping MC from going on a Dominate run for the next 4yrs.

Top talent + depth + top level coaching = MC.

Next Year NIU goes 3-8 and goes after Jordan?

Worst thing that happened to SR and BR was Lenti leaving.

Good things definitely happening at MC. 14-0 for first time since 1998, new on campus stadium, great test number, dominant frosh team that went 9-0, another great group that tested Sat from what i hear, the merger getting MC back in the Blue, 16 starters back next year.

No easy way to format. Numbers are taken from this year/last year's test day posts. Tuition via google/school websites.

What are the implications of poor numbers? What's the minimum # of students needed? I'm not asking for exact numbers, but the difference is interesting.

For example sake, let's say the test #s are the actual number of students that register. Let's also say they get the same # of students each year for 4 years.

I think a bigger overall concern is that 72 fewer boys tested at SS Catholic high schools this year compared to last year

I think a bigger overall concern is that 72 fewer boys tested at SS Catholic high schools this year compared to last year

School health and athletic health are not the same thing. As a coach I would rather have small testing numbers for a few years if I got the kids I wanted. That way I could drop down in class.

Plus this state is losing tens of thousands of people every year.

School health and athletic health are not the same thing. As a coach I would rather have small testing numbers for a few years if I got the kids I wanted. That way I could drop down in class.

Plus this state is losing tens of thousands of people every year.

Where's the dislike button.

As a coach I'd want to play the best teams. Not wish for the best kids and easiest road.

If BR ever played below 7a I would have an issue. Petition up and play the same caliber of athlete that you have.

From a St. Rita point of view, they made an executive decision to go to selective enrollment, selecting 140 students out of the number tested. And from a business stand point its a sound strategy. You get to set the known operating costs, you set your teacher student ratios independent of test number fluctuations.

This is the 4th year of selective enrollment testing and the numbers from year one are 215, 200, 170, 140. And as many know here, you probably need 170 to get 140 enrolled. So, obviously the 140 is not a good number. But at least, the new President for the school is in place and new strategies can be implemented as Dr. Quaid sees fit.

St. Rita is very healthy but I think not having the administration executives in place, while not stopping the school from functioning well, may have allowed competitors to whisper vulnerabilities. Whatever the case is, the test number should be a wake up call to unify its message and direction for decades to come.

He was being sarcastic and critical of BR’s low test number. I don’t think any BR alum actually wants BR to be in 5A.

Fortunately, this projected small incoming class will be replacing a small current senior class so it will be a wash and BR should still be on the edge of 8A/7A.

You asked why any good football player would pick BR over Marist and St. Rita. Well they’ve beat Marist 4 out of last 5 and are 5-2 vs Rita in the Badke era.

More facts...

Montini is a well-respected 5A program and annual state contender.

BR hasn’t won a state title since 1981 and therefore isn’t a football power.

BR gave Montini two of its worst beatings in recent history in 2016 (42-7) and 2018 (31-0).

Coach Badke has done a great job recruiting and deserves all the credit for the past few successful seasons.

But after last year's freshman class and word on the street a very average class coming in, BR will be back to the 5-4 / 4-5 record in a few years.

They will need to change their approach. Or get used to losing to the MCs and Loyola's of the CCL Blue 45-7.

Badke's recruiting classes while he was working at BR were all above average to excellent. (besides 17 class)

Him working out of the school, both classes mediocre and will lead to 0-3 Freshman and Sophs records in the CCL Blue.

Until that trend ends, I do believe him not working at BR is an issue.

From a St. Rita point of view, they made an executive decision to go to selective enrollment, selecting 140 students out of the number tested. And from a business stand point its a sound strategy. You get to set the known operating costs, you set your teacher student ratios independent of test number fluctuations.

This is the 4th year of selective enrollment testing and the numbers from year one are 215, 200, 170, 140. And as many know here, you probably need 170 to get 140 enrolled. So, obviously the 140 is not a good number. But at least, the new President for the school is in place and new strategies can be implemented as Dr. Quaid sees fit.

St. Rita is very healthy but I think not having the administration executives in place, while not stopping the school from functioning well, may have allowed competitors to whisper vulnerabilities. Whatever the case is, the test number should be a wake up call to unify its message and direction for decades to come.

Thanks for the info. Didn't know any of that about SR. Selective enrollment does make sense, but couldn't they just say any amount extra goes towards X?

I'd like to be a fly on the wall to see how some of these schools handle the money they make from sporting events and what-not...(Not a catholic school but especially at Lincoln-Way Central* :D)

Coach Badke has done a great job recruiting and deserves all the credit for the past few successful seasons.

But after last year's freshman class and word on the street a very average class coming in, BR will be back to the 5-4 / 4-5 record in a few years.

They will need to change their approach. Or get used to losing to the MCs and Loyola's of the CCL Blue 45-7.

Badke's recruiting classes while he was working at BR were all above average to excellent. (besides 17 class)

Him working out of the school, both classes mediocre and will lead to 0-3 Freshman and Sophs records in the CCL Blue.

Until that trend ends, I do believe him not working at BR is an issue.
Everyone needs to recruit
All assistant coaches
Administrator
Everyone

ADVERTISEMENT