ADVERTISEMENT

H.S. Football Christmas Wish List

cornerrat

Aug 1, 2009
All.... This could be an interesting thread for those on this board who wish to participate. I have two. My first is I want in the 2018 season to see the 5A title game being played between Montini and JCA. The Hilltoppers must go south in postseason play for this to happen. 5A used to be fun. Even with Philips now in that class it's still well blah....

My second is a large piece of coal in your Christmas stocking for the then principal/super Mr. Dunnan of Washington High School who started this success formula silliness that eventually led to it's implementation. It was all about moving successful private schools out of 5A. How's that working out for your school sir? Ratsy

Last edited:
Reactions: lkhammer57
I want Naz Vs IC and Phillips vs Rochester for 2018..

All.... This is all about wishes, but. Rochester is an interesting case. Last season their enrollment was 774 which put the Rockets as ninth largest among the 32 postseason qualifiers in 4A. Enrollment range from the previous five years is 674-776. The mind set I'm told is current town elders that have the say so want Rochester to remain small. This area could get huge quickly like Chatham did if open large development was allowed. With the close proximity of Springfield with everything that town offers it does not appear this will happen soon. Of course they could petition up. Sure./s Ratsy

Reactions: 89morrisgrad
Regarding the State Final games broadcasts:
  • A single, designated channel for all 8 contests that is part of a mainstream cable package easily accessed on any television within one's home.
  • On-air personnel vested in the sport and not chosen by virtue of a favored gender (S.S.) or higher media profile (H.A.).

1. All classes to be seeded 1-32.
  2. A better way of seeding the playoffs via some statistical algorithm that I am sure is WAAAAAYYYY too complex for this small town boy to even wrap his mind around.
  3. For myself to finish in at least the top 10% of Edgy's King of the Hill playoff challenge!!! ;)

All.... This could be an interesting thread for those on this board who wish to participate. I have two. My first is I want in the 2018 season to see the 5A title game being played between Montini and JCA. The Hilltoppers must go south in postseason play for this to happen. 5A used to be fun. Even with Philips now in that class it's still well blah....

My second is a large piece of coal in your Christmas stocking for the then principal/super Mr. Dunnan of Washington High School who started this success formula silliness that eventually led to it's implementation. It was all about moving successful private schools out of 5A. How's that working out for your school sir? Ratsy

This is a great thread; you should "patent" it and make it a yearly thing.

1. Rita keep the momentum going from this past year--quarterfinals or better annually.
2. 1 - 32 seeding for all classes.

1. All classes to be seeded 1-32.
  2. A better way of seeding the playoffs via some statistical algorithm that I am sure is WAAAAAYYYY too complex for this small town boy to even wrap his mind around.
  3. For myself to finish in at least the top 10% of Edgy's King of the Hill playoff challenge!!! ;)
Call CPS they are great at making up bullshit formulas to rank teams by

Reactions: 89morrisgrad

Based on this years championship weekend, seems like the SF is successful.. sorry it if takes away at least some of the advantages your school has.

Based on this years championship weekend, seems like the SF is successful.. sorry it if takes away at least some of the advantages your school has.

All.... Many embrace discrimination. You covet it. Quite sad really but not surprising coming from the likes of yourself. Ratsy P.S. Found that youtube video quite telling./s

All.... Many embrace discrimination. You covet it. Quite sad really but not surprising coming from the likes of yourself. Ratsy P.S. Found that youtube video quite telling./s

Discrimination????? LOL, please, just stop with your ignorance, you are already a total joke..

Congrats to the IHSA for coming up with measures that balance the system in a fair and equitable manner... it is not easy when one set of schools has such an edge by their ability to attract talent from such a huge area when most can not, but they have came up with a system that at least begins to address the issue.

Discrimination????? LOL, please, just stop with your ignorance, you are already a total joke..

Congrats to the IHSA for coming up with measures that balance the system in a fair and equitable manner... it is not easy when one set of schools has such an edge by their ability to attract talent from such a huge area when most can not, but they have came up with a system that at least begins to address the issue.

All.... Post 11 this thread. Ratsy

Derek Leonard to be visited by three ghosts and receive the motivation to petition up to a higher class. That truly would be a Christmas miracle.

1 Johnsburg to finally play Herscher on the field and they running clock them.

2. That Edgy does not flush the resulting HHS meltdown thread

3. HHS bets his bitcoin on the outcome of the game and has to give it to charity with half supporting all the CPS football programs (including Phillips) and the other half for academic scholarships for private schools.

4 a permanent thread notating all the good the bitcoin money is doing on a case by case basis!!!

Reactions: lkhammer57 and pjjp
Derek Leonard to be visited by three ghosts and receive the motivation to petition up to a higher class. That truly would be a Christmas miracle.

All.... It's this time of the year where the same rumor starts up in rocket land. (not about petitioning up) And it has . I've heard it again from one of their faithful. (the nervous Nellie he is lol) One never knows but your wish might not be applicable in the way you want it. We will see. Ratsy

Last edited:
All.... It's this time of the year where the same rumor starts up in rocket land. (not about petitioning up) And it has . I've heard it again from one of their faithful. (the nervous Nellie he is lol) One never knows but your wish might not be applicable in the way you want it. We will see. Ratsy

Your hatred of Rochester is funny, they are disadvantaged and still far superior to 6A SHG..

Just like everything else you say.. repeating the same dumb stuff over and over doesn't make it true.. you are a joke, it is why the Rochester guys I know tell me you are a tool in person too

12 days of Christmas?

12 All-State seniors.
11 returners on offense.
10 returners on defense.
9 wins in regular season.
8 different receivers who catch touchdowns in a game.
7 running touchdowns in a game by 7 different players.
6 shutout games by the defense.
5 CCL blue teams in the quarter finals.
4 straight playoff games with 300 yards rushing.
3 undefeated teams - Freshmen, Sophomores and Varsity.
2 High School All-Americans on the same team.
1 group of good men graduating year after year.

A State Championship could be number one but great things can done by great young men who may or may not ever play football. Merry Christmas to all even the guy who hates privates from Herscher.

Edgy allows Angry Dave back!

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
I wish to have a thread about HS football not turn into a discssion about Rochester or the SF. Looking forward to potential of IC v Rochester and maybe a Naz v GBW or Maine South? (No idea what either school has coming back, just saying).

Then why is the IHSA revisiting it in January.

Because some publics don't feel the current bump up is enough and have complained to the IHSA about it. IC in 3A the last two years was a joke, some are pushing for bigger windows..

Good Lord, you are toxic and pollute every thread!

I guess that depends on ones definition...

If you are a private school fan like most people here are, yeah, you are going to think its polluting because it varies from your opinion and you do not like it..

I want the Open Class. If not the Open Class then let's make the playoffs great again with power points based classification. If I can't have either, I'll settle for 1-32 seeding in each class.

(and yes those were shameless plugs for past posts because I may have modeled out what this year would have looked like heading into the playoffs under the power point system and am gaging interest on whether it's worth sharing ;))

Beyond that, we live in a country where we can afford to spend time arguing about young men (&women) playing a game. Think that puts us in a pretty lucky spot, hard to wish for more given the circumstances of other parts of the world. I'm thankful for it. Happy Holidays folks!

Last edited:
I-8 Christmas list:
Westmont, a conference they can be successful in
Plano & Sandwich, a geographically logical conference
Streator, a win over a winning team
Lisle, a playoff berth
RC, a new rebuilding coach
Peotone, a new stadium & continued development of the program
Herscher, updated visitors bleachers
Manteno, expanded visitors bleachers & marching band uniforms
Coal City, no more weather disasters
Wilmington, 20 more years of Reents & Murphy