ADVERTISEMENT

Greetings from Gately

mchsalumni

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2008
The dogs aren't that bad! Playing at 4:15 is a joke.

MC 35 MCHS 18, final.

Last edited:
Caravan up 35-18. 4min left. Should put them in the playoffs with a chip on their shoulder

If I were montini I would refused to play at 415. I would have been open to afternoon game on Saturday or sunday.

Well Montini needs to learn to win on the road.

Time now to watch 2 state champions Grand Rapids Central Catholic vs Grand Rapids West Catholic at Fifth Third Bank stadium. Should be a great one starting right now!

Great move starting Premovic at QB...moving AT to slot, ton more options...AT and Nakos on Defense now too! Great game Caravan

Reactions: Hawks65
Great move starting Premovic at QB...moving AT to slot, ton more options...AT and Nakos on Defense now too! Great game Caravan
Great move by coaching staff. AT can get ball in space now. Also made a lot of sense to do this since last year MC did not move ball at all on Montini until they put Trudeau in and came back and then PC shut them down week 9.

Was a good game. I knew it was going to be trouble when Montini couldn't stop the dive. And what bad luck to fumble into the hands of Thomas.

Still haven't tried a Gately dog.

Was a good game. I knew it was going to be trouble when Montini couldn't stop the dive. And what bad luck to fumble into the hands of Thomas.

Still haven't tried a Gately dog.

That fumble and return was a back breaker. Great win for Mt. Carmel. Judicious move taking AT out at QB.

Reactions: Gene K.
Mount Carmel's offense ran the ball very well. Montini couldn't stop the run all day and that was the biggest difference in the game. Also Mount Carmel's defense must have watched a lot of tape on Montini as they stopped our running QB option very well at times.

When Montini used a 4 man defensive line Mt. Carmel's D line dominated the line of scrimmage. Later in the 3rd period Montini used a 3 man defense line which did a lot better with 4 line backers behind the line of scrimmage.

Mt. Carmel had a lot of big runs due to big holes by the offense line and poor tackling by Montini. But credit has to be given to Mt. Carmel's running backs who broke many tackles at the line of scrimmage for some big gains. IMO Alec Thomas was the big difference maker in the game for Mt. Carmel as well as the Mt. Carmel coaches game plans on offense and defense.

This game was a repeat of the Lake Zurich game for Montini. Montini ran the ball well most of the game but the passing game was off all game. Our QB had his worst game of the season in this game but he made some nice runs several times during the game. Quite frankly he is the key to Montini's offense and when he is on Montini's offense is very good.

Thought both our offense and defense play calling was sub par especially after half time. A lot of 2nd down and 5 to go passes when we were moving the ball fell incomplete which forced us to pass on 3rd down too just like in the Lake Zurich game. Too many incompletions doomed Montini. Montini was averaging 4-5 yards a carry and we definitely should have used our RB's more than we did just as Mt. Carmel did to us. Also Montini tried a couple of long pass attempts which fell incomplete when we should have tried shorter passes which Mt. Carmel was not covering too well.

Don't think the outcome would have been different but the final score would have been a lot closer considering that we were down 4 at half time and down only three points in the middle of the third period. Oh well, hats off to Mt. Carmel coaches and team they dererved this win..

Reactions: McCaravan
Mount Carmel's offense ran the ball very well. Montini couldn't stop the run all day and that was the biggest difference in the game. Also Mount Carmel's defense must have watched a lot of tape on Montini as they stopped our running QB option very well at times.

When Montini used a 4 man defensive line Mt. Carmel's D line dominated the line of scrimmage. Later in the 3rd period Montini used a 3 man defense line which did a lot better with 4 line backers behind the line of scrimmage.

Mt. Carmel had a lot of big runs due to big holes by the offense line and poor tackling by Montini. But credit has to be given to Mt. Carmel's running backs who broke many tackles at the line of scrimmage for some big gains. IMO Alec Thomas was the big difference maker in the game for Mt. Carmel as well as the Mt. Carmel coaches game plans on offense and defense.

This game was a repeat of the Lake Zurich game for Montini. Montini ran the ball well most of the game but the passing game was off all game. Our QB had his worst game of the season in this game but he made some nice runs several times during the game. Quite frankly he is the key to Montini's offense and when he is on Montini's offense is very good.

Thought both our offense and defense play calling was sub par especially after half time. A lot of 2nd down and 5 to go passes when we were moving the ball fell incomplete which forced us to pass on 3rd down too just like in the Lake Zurich game. Too many incompletions doomed Montini. Montini was averaging 4-5 yards a carry and we definitely should have used our RB's more than we did just as Mt. Carmel did to us. Also Montini tried a couple of long pass attempts which fell incomplete when we should have tried shorter passes which Mt. Carmel was not covering too well.

Don't think the outcome would have been different but the final score would have been a lot closer considering that we were down 4 at half time and down only three points in the middle of the third period. Oh well, hats off to Mt. Carmel coaches and team they dererved this win..
If that was a bad game, I'd hate to play him on a good day. He was like trying to tackle the wind at times. Very quick, cannon of an arm.

If that was a bad game, I'd hate to play him on a good day. He was like trying to tackle the wind at times. Very quick, cannon of an arm.
Our QB is the key to the offense and this was his worse game passing by far.
When he is on his passing game Montini is very very good on offense. If you look at the DLS game he was on target all game hence the big lead we had over them by the half. He will come around I am sure and hopefully lookout 6A in the playoffs. My worry is our defense which seems to take plays off and miss tackles sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT