ADVERTISEMENT

Get annoyed, Brother Rice

But the team he backs could have done the same thing and choose not (except in a couple of cases where the IHSA put them there) so that makes him a hypocrite and that is the issue here.

I love that this thread started as a dig at Rice by MC63 and now has gone well off the rails without Rice folks getting on him.

It certainly wasn't at dig a Rice, by any means.I was being supportive. I thought they were being disrespected. . You couldn't understand my other position and now you're two for two.

Last edited:
Reactions: McCaravan
all mc63 is saying is if you have multiple year winnings and play DURING THE SEASON larger schools and better competition. why for the love of god can you not compete in the playoffs at that level???

That is very close to what I was trying to communicate.

Simply put, if you compete at a high level during the season, you have an advantage if you play in a lower class in the playoffs. If a team playing 5A talent all season wins the 5A tourney, that is a great accomplishment. Teams that play 7 or 8A talent all season have a huge advantage in a 5A tournament That's all boys.

I never took shots at any players or coaches. Can we leave it, here?

Last edited:
You know, football enrollment was known as the Althoff Rule when it was implemented in 1991 after we won two 3A titles after playing a 6A regular season schedule.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1991-10-30-9104070817-story.html

IHSA Associate Executive Director Don Robinson admitted the new format, which classifies some teams on their opponents` average enrollment as opposed to their own, was adopted to curb the domination of Catholic schools in football. ''Nobody is trying to pick on the non-public schools,'' Robinson said.

'But take a situation like Belleville Althoff (1990 Class 3A titlist). They`ve produced nine Division I scholarship players in the last three years. I defy you, Judge Burns or anyone else to show me a public school of the same size that has produced nine Division I players in the last 10 years.

''Catholic and private schools have no restrictions on who can attend their schools. Althoff draws from a metropolitan area of 500,000. So does Alleman. They have more opportunites for quality athletes. Anyone can look at that and see the inequity.''

Last year, four Catholic schools won titles in the six classes. Under the present format, the IHSA said Sterling Newman (1A), Joliet Catholic (4A) and Mt. Carmel (5A) would be moved up a class. Althoff would have competed in 5A. ''If you`re competing at the 5A level during the regular season, don`t come back to me during playoffs, drop down to 3A and expect to be handed a trophy,'' said Robinson. ''How is that fair to the small public schools who`ve been competing at 3A all season?''

How is it fair to the follow graduating class of 140 kids to be bumped up because the genetic lottery hit and we had a collection of good athletes come up at the same time?

Reactions: Gene K.
Stats like the above should be stated with a large qualifier, or dare I say, an asterisk. LWE has become a different animal, since the closing of North. Its roster size alone seems to put them in a class by themselves in IL, IMO. No one can match their depth of talent. Combine that with their top end talent and coaching, and you have a school that very few even match up with.
Actually the school size at LWE currently is not even as large as before LW North was opened. I do believe the football roster is up about 10 over let’s say the ‘05,’06 years. Talent this year is good at LWE.

That is very close to what I was trying to communicate.

Simply put, if you compete at a high level during the season, you have an advantage if you play in a lower class in the playoffs. If a team plays 5A talent all season wins the 5A tourney, that is a great accomplishment. Teams that play 7 or 8A talent all season have a huge advantage in a 5A tournament That's all boys.

I never took shots at any players or coaches. Can we leave it, here?
Understood MC63, just having some fun with the topic. You won’t hear from me again on this topic. Is it Friday yet?!?

But the team he backs could have done the same thing and choose not (except in a couple of cases where the IHSA put them there) so that makes him a hypocrite and that is the issue here.

I love that this thread started as a dig at Rice by MC63 and now has gone well off the rails without Rice folks getting on him.
We are a peaceful bunch....

I don’t get it....do we have some kind of history with DGS? This may predate me.
After a playoff game at BR, the parents of DGS complained that the parking lot and tailgating was out of control
They complained to the IHSA about it.
Oh yeah, DGS got their Asses handed to them on the field as well

Reactions: Gene K.
After a playoff game at BR, the parents of DGS complained that the parking lot and tailgating was out of control
They complained to the IHSA about it.
Oh yeah, DGS got their Asses handed to them on the field as well
Wait this wasn’t in 2011 was it?? My nephew played on that BR team, I was at that game, that didn’t go BR way though

Reactions: crusaderpride
My son who play for the Caravan wants to remind us that they read these posts. Players from all different schools will text each other about “check out this post on Edgy Tim” and laugh. He stated, with a laugh, “You guys are a bunch of tools”. I initially denied posting to him and he replied “Chicago Police Detective whose two older brother went to Br. Rice, not hard to figure out Dad!” He’ll make a great Detective!
9165 for life

If nothing else, MC63 stays on message and is not waivering from his position.I can greatly respect that.

May parents graduated high school in 1951 - I see a lot of the same stubbornness when I visit Del Boca Vista. And dammit, they earned it!
OMG... Del Boca Vista! I love that place! MC63's twin brother was the condo board president- heard he showed up at the meeting in a brand new Cadillac. :eek:

OMG... Del Boca Vista! I love that place! MC63's twin brother was the condo board president- heard he showed up at the meeting in a brand new Cadillac. :eek:
I heard he showed up to dinner after the early bird specials had ended too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT