ADVERTISEMENT

Get annoyed, Brother Rice

Another early morning trophy?

Ahhhhh, @MC63 and the worthless hardware below the top.

Best of luck to MC in the 8A playoffs this year. If/when they do win 8A I will tip my cap and say the move to the Green was bold and offer the Caravan the crown of the century. Can't wait for the matchup with LWE!

Reactions: jcrewx7
Ahhhhh, @MC63 and the worthless hardware below the top.

Best of luck to MC in the 8A playoffs this year. If/when they do win 8A I will tip my cap and say the move to the Green was bold and offer the Caravan the crown of the century. Can't wait for the matchup with LWE!
MC is 7A

No question their schedule was more difficult but why take the bump down? I'll ask you as well, did the players want to move to the Green?

5A?

If you get a trophy, it should be in he shape of a large asterisk.

Regarding my lawn and your engine, can't you come up with something even slightly clever? Ask around at bagpipe practice.

How many MC trophies have aforementioned asterisk?

I thought you'd never ask. Thank you.

I'll let you figure it out.

Mt Carmel has won 12 state championships. None by forfeit.

Of these, two were at the highest level at that time; nine were one level down; and one was two levels down.

We've lost five state championship games: two at the highest level at that time, and three at one level down.

We lost in the semis in 1987 to East St Louis in the highest level.

In the seven years from 2006 to 2012, we competed in 8A playoffs.

All of this without fireworks and bagpipes.

I thought you'd never ask. Thank you.

I'll let you figure it out.

Mt Carmel has won 12 state championships. None by forfeit.

Of these, two were at the highest level at that time; nine were one level down; and one was two levels down.

We've lost five state championship games: two at the highest level at that time, and three at one level down.

We lost in the semis in 1987 to East St Louis in the highest level.

In the seven years from 2006 to 2012, we competed in 8A playoffs.

All of this without fireworks and bagpipes.

So 10 of 12

Reactions: mchsalumni
5A?

If you get a trophy, it should be in he shape of a large asterisk.
Are you even capable of comprehending that Montini has a coed enrollment of 635, while MC's male enrollment is 618 (coed equivalent of 1,236)? What exactly is so difficult to understand about that? If I was an MC fan, I would be embarrassed that my team dropped to the Green, while a school of Montini's size replaced mine in the Blue. I would also be embarrassed by you and your continued tone-deaf posts about state titles accompanied by asterisks.

!0 of 12? Do you have a reading problem or a math skills deficiency? Both?

Consider that 16 of our 17 state appearances were at either the top level or one level down. 94%

I have neither but you seems to make up your own rules for what fits your narrative.

MC won 8A (6A back when it was top class) twice that's all...am I correct?

"One level down" to you seems to be the same as the top level but when do the levels down no longer compare to the top level and require the asterisk?

Enrollment size difference in 8A is over a thousand (probably closer to two) while 7A is in the hundreds that is why in your narrative every class under 8A should have an asterik.

MC63: IMO Mount Carmel's consistent winning over all these years speaks for itself. The program is top notch and it shows on the playing field. Don't know if Mount Carmel had a choice or didn't have a choice to go to the green conference and don't care as it still is the CCL. I'm a Montini fan and a CCL fan after that and a now combined CCL/ESCC fan.

There is no reason to disparage the Montini program as they have consistently played all comers over the years. This year moving into the CCL Blue dictated that they schedule some early opponents who some would say were "cupcakes" in order to make the playoffs. BTW this is Montini's 29th year in a row of making the playoffs. The only team beating them in that category is Stevenson. The trophies Montini won over the years were well deserved as were all the trophies earned by Mount Carmel over the years. To me it doesn't matter if trophies are won in 1A or 8A as who ever wins those championships don't they they are cheap and somehow inferior. I am positive that the winners of those championships were just as deserving as any won by Montini or Mount Carmel.

Montini moving to the Blue put them in a new unfamiliar position. Some posters on this board didn't know if the would get to 5 wins this year. IMO they measured up to the fullest of my expectations and exceeded the expectations of many others who felt they would be over matched in the Blue.

Give credit were credit is due to the kids and coaches of both teams not only this year but for the consistent level of football all us high school football fans have come to really appreciate in both Montini and Mount Carmel.

Also - I don’t think it matters what class you win a title in, it’s an accomplishment. Getting past the 5 teams in your path during any playoff is something to celebrate.
People here and in the press can rank teams as they see fit and we all know that the 8A champ would most likely “Maine South” the 1A champ. Doesn’t make the 1A champ any less of a champ.

Are you even capable of comprehending that Montini has a coed enrollment of 635, while MC's male enrollment is 618 (coed equivalent of 1,236)? What exactly is so difficult to understand about that? If I was an MC fan, I would be embarrassed that my team dropped to the Green, while a school of Montini's size replaced mine in the Blue. I would also be embarrassed by you and your continued tone-deaf posts about state titles accompanied by asterisks.

If they'e playing top schools in Sept and Oct, then they shouldn't be playing tiny programs in Nov and bragging about it.

If they'e playing top schools in Sept and Oct, then they shouldn't be playing tiny programs in Nov and bragging about it.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but you don’t have any control over playoff classification. However, you do have control over who you play during the regular season. I scratch my head, as do many others on this board on your incessant need to diminish other programs accomplishments in order to enhance Mt Carmel’s. It just doesn’t make any sense.

If a kid in and around montini is choosing between high school schools both catholic and public
What are their choices ?

Btw one of the better pissing matches if seen in awhile

Reactions: Gene K.
This is all too funny. Vintage MC63 stuff. East St. Louis and Montini are respected because they dodge no one. ESL even more because they petition to play up come trophy time. Maybe Frank was lucky to get out.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but you don’t have any control over playoff classification. However, you do have control over who you play during the regular season. I scratch my head, as do many others on this board on your incessant need to diminish other programs accomplishments in order to enhance Mt Carmel’s. It just doesn’t make any sense.

I do not diminish anyone's accomplishments unless they start comparing their them to my school's. When someone claims that their 5A and 6A championships are equivalent to eleven (twelve, overall) in the upper classes ... I reply.

Mount Carmel, St Rita, Brother Rice, Marist, Loyola, Providence, JCA and Montini have comparable schedules during the season. Afterwards, the first five schools are playing LWE, ESL, MS, WWS and many other powerhouses. The final three are playing schools whose programs don't measure up to the larger schools.. No offense, seriously no offense, but they just don't.

That's as clear as I can make it.

If a kid in and around montini is choosing between high school schools both catholic and public
What are their choices ?

Btw one of the better pissing matches if seen in awhile

Private: IC, Benet, St. Francis, Fenwick, Naz, St. Joe

Public: Willowbrook, Glenbard East, Glenbard West, Downers North and South, Naperville schools, Bolingbrook, WWS, WN, Lemont

Just a few, someone can add more if needed.

So top level and one level down are the only real trophies. I get it now. At least we have a chance this year to win a non asterisk trophy. I can't wait.

See, something we can sing Kumbaya about. @MC63 thinks very little of our respective schools. FWIW I hope Naz wins 7A. Good for the new conference and will give grandpa the opportunity to explain why it only counts when MC makes it to the 7A title.

Reactions: Gene K.
This thread really became a SMH thread but it is humorous.. Whatever class MC wins that is the class at which legitimacy of the championship ends.

A school can claim all of the titles they want but don't use it as a comparative to other schools. Yes MC has 12 titles but there is an asterisk next to 10 of them.

You have not even scratched the surface of the bias. If it is not a Chicago school there is no value either. If you remember the discussion as to why Providence Catholic from New Lenox did not play a rescheduled game against the almighty MC and bring their own lawn chairs to Mt. Carmels campus. How about JCA and Providence who have equal awards and state championships?

My favorite in this thread was when MC63 with his 2 real titles and 10 with an asterisk called someone a “Punk”. Felt just like watching an episode of Happy Days or a 1950’s movie.

I was really hoping to see a Montini vs MC matchup in the Blue this year - but then I looked at the Conference standings and I noticed MC was not in the Blue. Sad. Glad the new superconfernce is coming To get the divisions sorted out.

Last edited:
I don’t know how one can claim a beneath-the-highest-class championship in one breath then diminish that of others similarly situated in the next.

But if we’re talking who is the single best pound-for-pound, we need to factor in appearances, both playoff and title game.

And once you do that, there is clearly only one:

Ziegler-Royalton.

I don’t know how one can claim a beneath-the-highest-class championship in one breath then diminish that of others similarly situated in the next.

But if we’re talking who is the single best pound-for-pound, we need to factor in appearances, both playoff and title game.

And once you do that, there is clearly only one:

Ziegler-Royalton.

@ignazio with the walk off home run!

I get that MC63 is a homer for Mount Carmel and respect his commitment to the Mount Carmel school and its teams. A lot of us on this board are also homers for our respective schools. Quite frankly it is good to have these type of discussions as it keeps the adrenaline flowing and either you can get ticked off about it or laugh about some of remarks being made. Myself, I choose to laugh about it but will also defend my Montini Broncos to the fullest.

I would love to seen Naz and Mt. Carmel in a playoff game as both in my opinion are quality playoff teams this year and would make for some good football. Would be a real challenge for me to pick a team to root for if that game happens as I really like both teams.

In the mean time in 8a, I would root for Rice, 6A Providence, 5a Montini, 4a Coal City (I hope I still go to heaven over this), 3a, Bishop Mac, AC and Hope.

But what if little old Naz beats MtC in the final.

Then, good for them. They're in the class equivalent to the competition they played throughout the season ... just like us.

BTW, should they do that, they'd become only the 5th school to do so, and the first Catholic school. They'd join MS (2X), Prospect, Wheaton North, and, I apologize, but I don't recall the other school

If nothing else, MC63 stays on message and is not waivering from his position.I can greatly respect that.

May parents graduated high school in 1951 - I see a lot of the same stubbornness when I visit Del Boca Vista. And dammit, they earned it!
“These people work and wait their entire lives to come down here and enforce these rules.” Jerry

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT