ADVERTISEMENT

SEMIS - GOTW?

McEvergreen

Oct 29, 2019
Try as I might, I can't pick just one. These four really caught my attention though. No disrespect to any of the other games as they all earned their spot and respect đź‘Š

2A - Maroa-F (12-0) at Wilmington (11-1) - Undefeated and tested M-F travels to the team in the woods with all the Harley's.

3A - Byron (12-0) at Montini (9-3) - The Tigers steamroll into Lombard to take on a very hot Bronco team with a stocked trophy case.

6A - Cary-G (10-2) at Lake Z (11-1) - The triple option is clicking and the Bears only loss was to 8A Warren by 4 pts.
6A - ESL (10-2) at Washington (11-1) - The all-time wins leader (761) and legendary Flyers roll into Washington for retiring HOF HC Darrell Crouch's last home game. Okay, call me a softy.

7A - Batavia (11-1) at MC (11-1) - The Dawgs lost to 8A LWE by 1 and MC lost to 8A Loyola by 2 not to mention, these two teams have been on a collision course all season.

Which semi-final games do you like and why?

I may be a little partial and I’m assuming it’s not on anyone’s radar because St Francis was already crowned 1,946,653 seconds ago when they beat Naz by 3 scores in week 9 but it’s hard not to include the mighty world beaters of st Francis taking on the meek and lowly lucky to be playing Roadrunners. In the list of games of the week this week. I’m hearing the Frannies may not even send their starters to LGP.

• Haha
Reactions: McEvergreen
Provi at JCA. The Holy War of Will County.
I've watched this rivalry from afar since the 90's. One of the best in the state hands down. I want to say Providence has the series lead, but could be mistaken. When was the last time they met in the playoffs? That place is going to be crazy packed!

I've watched this rivalry from afar since the 90's. One of the best in the state hands down. I want to say Providence has the series lead, but could be mistaken. When was the last time they met in the playoffs? That place is going to be crazy packed!
Last year. PC beat JC in the second round after losing to them in the regular season.

Oh boy idk if my ol' green & white ticker can take another embarrassing beat down like week 2 lol. I'm proud of what the Celtics have accomplished this year, but playing JCA at Memorial AGAIN is the last thing we want. Wish we could have faced Morris lololol. Holy war pt 2 it is!

2A - Maroa-F (12-0) at Wilmington (11-1) - Undefeated and tested M-F travels to the team in the woods with all the Harleys.

This is a game small school fans have been wanting to see for 20+ years. Both coaches have had a ton of success in 2A and 3A football.

I highly doubt this will be similar to Wilmington's outstanding clutch performance or MFs dismantling of Bloomington Central Catholic. Both teams have different styles of play and have phenomenal fan bases. If planning on attending get there very early.

Reactions: doctor_d and USD24
Oh boy idk if my ol' green & white ticker can take another embarrassing beat down like week 2 lol. I'm proud of what the Celtics have accomplished this year, but playing JCA at Memorial AGAIN is the last thing we want. Wish we could have faced Morris lololol. Holy war pt 2 it is!
It will be a good game. Won't be a 19 point difference like week 2.

If I am reviewing the correct numbers, it looks like they met in the 1989 second round and then not again until 1996 regular season and then off and on throughout the 00s and 10s. I am counting 7 Hilltopper wins and 9 Celtic wins in 16 meetings. They have met four times in the playoffs (all in the second round) with the Celtics winning the last 3 playoff meetings.

JC is due for a playoff win over the Celtics. It won't be easy. PC is better than they were in week 2. JC is improved and clicking as well, but will have to play real well.

Reactions: McEvergreen
Last year. JCA beat PC in the regular season and then PC beat JCA in the 2nd round.

This is a game small school fans have been wanting to see for 20+ years. Both coaches have had a ton of success in 2A and 3A football.

I highly doubt this will be similar to Wilmington's outstanding clutch performance or MFs dismantling of Bloomington Central Catholic. Both teams have different styles of play and have phenomenal fan bases. If planning on attending get there very early.
Been waiting on Wilmington v BCC longer than that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT