ADVERTISEMENT

Gabe Green Talks About 2014 State Title Game SHG vs Montini

Montini deserves credit for being the only opponent of SHG in 2014 not to be running clocked. However, the 2013 title game was a better contest. SHG looked overmatched early, particularly when Montini ran a kick back for a TD to go up 21-7. There were big hits by both teams throughout the game. SHG had a critical goal line stand at the end of the half, when Montini looked like they would get a FG or TD. With cold and windy conditions hurting the passing game, Gabe Green’s running made the difference as SHG scored 31 unanswered points and took over in the 2nd half, winning 38-28.

Reactions: net-se and Gene K.
Montini deserves credit for being the only opponent of SHG in 2014 not to be running clocked. However, the 2013 title game was a better contest. SHG looked overmatched early, particularly when Montini ran a kick back for a TD to go up 21-7. There were big hits by both teams throughout the game. SHG had a critical goal line stand at the end of the half, when Montini looked like they would get a FG or TD. With cold and windy conditions hurting the passing game, Gabe Green’s running made the difference as SHG scored 31 unanswered points and took over in the 2nd half, winning 38-28.

SHG's entire offense was based on where LB Nile Sykes was lining up and whether he was pass rushing or dropping into coverage. Gabe Green's decisions were all about Sykes and it worked.

SHG's entire offense was based on where LB Nile Sykes was lining up and whether he was pass rushing or dropping into coverage. Gabe Green's decisions were all about Sykes and it worked.
Montini got horribly outcoached that game. I remember watching that game to see if they would adjust and they never did. Didn’t montini have that monster D-lineman? Thompson? I remember he ran upfield every time and shg took advantage.

I wish Gabe would have talked about that game because I think the entire SHG two keys on offense were based on what Montini's Sykes was doing on the play on defense which triggered when Gabe was going to tuck the ball in and run with it.

Gabe likely would not even tell us now.

and shg had lost their 2 best rb's to injuries, and gabe was hurting as well.

Reactions: rocketnation
I wish Gabe would have talked about that game because I think the entire SHG two keys on offense were based on what Montini's Sykes was doing on the play on defense which triggered when Gabe was going to tuck the ball in and run with it.

Gabe likely would not even tell us now.
i'm very sure we were running away from montini's stud dl, and in the 2nd half we started running at him.

i'm very sure we were running away from montini's stud dl, and in the 2nd half we started running at him.
Watch that game again. Their ends kept flying upfield and green would just run right underneath.

Montini got horribly outcoached that game. I remember watching that game to see if they would adjust and they never did. Didn’t montini have that monster D-lineman? Thompson? I remember he ran upfield every time and shg took advantage.

Good kid, couldn't stay home in that game. You can only coach so much, the players need to do their part...

Reactions: net-se and Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT