ADVERTISEMENT

What State Title Game Intrigues You the Most?

Whatever happened to Hissong? I remember he left the 2021 game with a knee injury towards the end.
He decided that he didn't want to continue to play, he is going to school. I won't say where, but I will say that it is a school that one of the best players from ESL is playing at. I would love to be fly on the wall when they run into each other.

HIs brother, Jack is on the current team, starting guard as a sophomore, he is even bigger than Nick. 6'3", 255lbs, he is also a beast.

He decided that he didn't want to continue to play, he is going to school. I won't say where, but I will say that it is a school that one of the best players from ESL is playing at. I would love to be fly on the wall when they run into each other.

HIs brother, Jack is on the current team, starting guard as a sophomore, he is even bigger than Nick. 6'3", 255lbs, he is also a beast.
I'm pretty sure he's at bama with miles. Idk why that would be a secret.

Reactions: Bwm57
There is definitely an intriguing team to watch this weekend. After some roster comparisons on the IHSA website, there is a team that has 10 new Jr's and Seniors on their roster. These 10 new players were not listed on the 2022 roster but are on the 2023 roster. 7 of those players are starters.

New Starters:
On Offense
OL #79
OL #52

On Defense
LB #4
LB #17
LB #19
DB #12
DB #2

On Roster but not listed as starter
OL #71
DB #29
DB #24
DL #99 was listed as a Fr last year but is #18 and a Jr. this year (possibly a roster typo)

Nevertheless I will be watching to see how these players gel with their new teammates in this year's title game.

There is definitely an intriguing team to watch this weekend. After some roster comparisons on the IHSA website, there is a team that has 10 new Jr's and Seniors on their roster. These 10 new players were not listed on the 2022 roster but are on the 2023 roster. 7 of those players are starters.

New Starters:
On Offense
OL #79
OL #52

On Defense
LB #4
LB #17
LB #19
DB #12
DB #2

OL #71
DB #29
DB #24
DL #99 was listed as a Fr last year but is #18 and a Jr. this year (possibly a roster typo)

Nevertheless I will be watching to see how these players gel with their new teammates in this year's title game.
They are 10-2 and playing fit state in a couple days. I'd say they gelled just fine

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerforFlyers
I'm pretty sure he's at bama with miles. Idk why that would be a secret.
He doesn’t play football anymore and perhaps the poster doesn’t feel he’s at liberty to say where he is today. Don’t try to make something out of nothing.

Reactions: Panthers1211

New Starters:
On Offense
OL #79
OL #52

On Defense
LB #4
LB #17
LB #19
DB #12
DB #2

OL #71
DB #29
DB #24

WOW! smh

Reactions: 33corndog33
He doesn’t play football anymore and perhaps the poster doesn’t feel he’s at liberty to say where he is today. Don’t try to make something out of nothing.
Not trying to make it anything. The only reason i know that is bc i was talking with some CG ppl this weekend about the '21 game and they shared with me where hes at. Def not trying to disparage the kid in any way.

Not trying to make it anything. The only reason i know that is bc i was talking with some CG ppl this weekend about the '21 game and they shared with me where hes at. Def not trying to disparage the kid in any way.
Fair enough.

New Starters:
On Offense
OL #79
OL #52

On Defense
LB #4
LB #17
LB #19
DB #12
DB #2

OL #71
DB #29
DB #24

Why stop there keep going. Roster movement out for the last two years.
At CR
2 was 18 at said school
1 was 34
5 was 17
6 was 15
8 was 25
25 was 24
51 was 53

At BE
9 was 18

At Desota TX
17 was 2

At Althoff
0 was 33

At Cahokia
4 was 14
40 was 40
10 didn’t make varsity at said school.

At Eville
10 was from said school and Madison.

Not sure the point of highlighting roster turnover. Not everyone make varsity as Fresh/ Soph.

Last edited:
IMO Owen Lansu is a Grade A top tier prospect at QB, he is really hit right now and has great ball placement

His biggest issue is his age (sophomore)

The MC defense is going to approach this the same way that they did JJ McCarthy in 2019

They are going to try to bully Lansu and take his confidence away

The DGN upper class man all believe in the sophomore, will he be able to keep up after getting touched a few times?

Will the DGN defense be able to slow the MC offense.

Many have written this game off as already decided

Lansu is a special player that has really stepped up in the playoffs
- will he seize the moment???

Reactions: brucealmighy
Why stop there keep going. Roster movement out for the last two years.
At CR
2 was 18 at said school
1 was 34
5 was 17
6 was 15
8 was 25
25 was 24
51 was 53

At BE
9 was 18

At Desota TX
17 was 2

At Althoff
0 was 33

At Cahokia
4 was 14
40 was 40
10 didn’t make varsity at said school.

At Eville
10 was from said school and Madison.

Not sure the point of highlighting roster turnover. Not everyone make varsity as Fresh/ Soph.
I have no idea what any of this means🤷‍♂

New Starters:
On Offense
OL #79
OL #52

On Defense
LB #4
LB #17
LB #19
DB #12
DB #2

OL #71
DB #29
DB #24

Is this the anti-Antioch/Batavia voice?

You clearly had an agenda with that passive aggressive post about the esl roster and hes calling you out on your bs.

Can you elaborate on the half dozen d1 kids who left esl since you are concerned about roster turnover?
These are unequivocally established facts. Facts don't have agendas.

I have not stated one single opinion.
Listing roster turnover rates in one of the most housing volatile areas in the state means what? What was your purpose for doing such, without noting the outbound players?

if you have no opinion, sit down and then be quiet. If you do, stand up and state them.

People can believe what they want, but nobody can disagree with factual information. Anyone can disagree with opinions and I have not stated one single opinion.
Again, your not so subtle dig at esl was pretty clear. You would think someone who is deeply concerned with giving us the facts would at least give us the name of the team he's talking about right?

And No one is disagreeing with factual information. But you could have just as easily listed all the kids @LHSTigers94 did who left and been just as factually correct. I wonder why you chose not to?

giphy.gif

People can believe what they want, but nobody can disagree with factual information. Anyone can disagree with opinions and I have not stated one single opinion.
You still there? Or did you slip back into the CREVICE from whence you came???? What other interesting FACTS might you pose……..

Reactions: McEvergreen
You seem to be the main person mostly interested in any negative commentary regarding ESL. I wonder why? ESL supporters are never on here bashing EVille or banning together with new weirdos trying to dig up irrelevant BS pertaining to EVille; if anything, during the playoffs, we want EVille to attain hardware. You are quintessentially the issue with the SWC.

Phony 🤷🏾‍♂️

You seem to be the main person mostly interested in any negative commentary regarding ESL. I wonder why? ESL supporters are never on here bashing EVille or banning together with new weirdos trying to dig up irrelevant BS pertaining to EVille; if anything, during the playoffs, we want EVille to attain hardware. You are quintessentially the issue with the SWC.

Phony 🤷🏾‍♂️
First of all, my "wow" comment was in response to a post that I didn't know was about ESL. I don't know who Corndog is and when quickly skimming through his comment, I initially thought that it was about some team up in the Chicago area, as most posters are from up north. As far as your claim about me being interested in any negative comment regarding ESL, where is your evidence? I've made my personal connection to the community of ESL very public on this forum. I've also made my opinions, both positive and negative, about the Flyer football program very public on this forum. Generally speaking, I am and always have been a supporter of the Flyers. As I've mentioned before, I have family, friends and fraternity brothers that are alumni of Eastside and while Eville is my #1 team, Eastside has always been my #2. That doesn't mean that I like everything about what's been going on. I've never hidden that I don't like the way that the team is constructed. If you don't like or are hyper-sensitive about my opinion on that particular issue, then that's your problem as is whatever issue that you have with the SWC. As far as your name calling, referring to me as a "phony,"... F@#k you.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT