ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special......

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Let's start by saying the obvious...SUPERBOWL SUPER BEARS!! RIP #51. Now on to our upsets. I'm going to the Chicago Catholic League once again this week, and picking a team that constantly ends up in my thread. This week's upset is..... The 2-4 Roadrunners of Nazareth Academy over the still some how #24 ranked Crusaders of Br. Rice. As long as Coach Q from Rice continues rotating his QB's, they won't be a good team. This game is at Naz, and that's always a tough place to get a win. Nazareth seems to enjoy starting their season slow and then making a late move to the playoffs. This will be a really close game tonight, and I think coaching will be the biggest factor. Racki>Quedenfeld. I like the Roadrunners tonight. Final score, Nazareth 28 - BR. Rice 24. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts and who is your upset?

I don't know how they are still ranked in the Times either, he's really putting a lot of weight in on the week 1 win over Maine. Anyways, I figured this one will get a lot of action so I will take the other CCL Blue team that is facing a good team on the road. I'll take St. Francis over St. Rita. Do I think this will happen? No, but it's called an upset for a reason. Last week I picked SR to upset LA and they played them tough. SF will do the same. They are at home, SR is banged up, I don't think this one is too far fetched.

• Wow
Reactions: USD24 and RockSoup
I don't know how they are still ranked in the Times either, he's really putting a lot of weight in on the week 1 win over Maine. Anyways, I figured this one will get a lot of action so I will take the other CCL Blue team that is facing a good team on the road. I'll take St. Francis over St. Rita. Do I think this will happen? No, but it's called an upset for a reason. Last week I picked SR to upset LA and they played them tough. SF will do the same. They are at home, SR is banged up, I don't think this one is too far fetched.
I don't hate this pick, but I think Coach Hop will get it done tonight in a close one.

Reactions: McCaravan
Hard to find one that hasn’t been mentioned…
I’ll go Wheaton North over Geneva

For some reason Massey had WN as the favorite. I almost picked Geneva
Got this from calpreps:
Geneva (IL) at Wheaton North (Wheaton, IL), 7:00pm [projection and percent chances to win: Geneva (IL) 27 (80%) Wheaton North (Wheaton, IL) 14 (20%)]

CG v Huntley looks like an even match and I don’t know the favorite. Both are 5-1 and it’s CG’s homecoming. I will be upset if CG loses.

Reactions: Wolffan64
Not this year. They have something that belongs to us. Hawks will be ready!
IMO that's what makes it even more possible- year after year GBS was good and it looked like GBS might beat MS but never did. Now they come in a dangerous 2-4 team fighting for their playoff life. Everyone would say 2-4 vs 5-1.. no way. But that's exactly what this weekly thread is all about.

Hoffman Estates over Barrington- HE offense is really good.
Great call. I think Hoffman wins by two scores. I feel like Hoffman would be a problem in 6a. Likely will win a game in the 7a playoffs only. Hoffman has four outstanding athletes. Speed.

Reactions: kpjasion
Not sure this would be an upset
Calpreps has BB as a slight favorite, but it’s basically a toss up
[projection and percent chances to win: Bradley-Bourbonnais (Bradley, IL) 30 (57%) Lincoln-Way West (New Lenox, IL) 28 (43%)]

Reactions: corey90
This one is very on brand for you Feeto.

But I honestly don’t see it as an upset, or at least much of an upset.

I also agree with the dual qb situation. It’s not working. It worked last year when they had brown against MC and MC didn’t know how to play him.

Crusaders by 3 on the road

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT