ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special......

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Week 2 of the playoffs is here, and things are really getting interesting. So many great games to choose from, there's literally a top-notch possible upset in classes 8 thru 4. For this week's upset we'll go to class 5a for battle between 2 teams that seem to always be around in late November. This week's upset is...... The unranked and under estimated Titans of Rockford Boylan Catholic over the always highly touted Roadrunners of Nazareth Academy. Yes, I know that Boylan is a better seed with a better record, but Naz is a 16 point favorite in this one. Boylan has an amazing defense, and probably the best secondary in the state. They've given up less than 10 points per game on the season. Their QB, Connor Dennis threw for a school record 24 touchdowns this year, and they score over 30 points per game. Now Naz is no slouch, don't let their record fool ya. Any team coached by Tim Racki is going to be the real deal. They've played one of the toughest schedules in the state, and they are battle tested. The weakness I see for the Roadrunners is their lack of offense against quality opponents. I like the Titans tomorrow in LaGrange. Final score..... Rockford Boylan 20 - Nazareth 17. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts and who is your upset?

GO CARAVAN!!!

York and Prospect are both getting points over Marist and Rita but since they are both ranked higher, I can’t call those upsets so I’ll take Waconda over ND (Waconda getting 17)

Lot of great games this week, think Dgn gives caravan a scare, Ep competes in Wheaton, Batavia hersey a great one but I’ll go back to well against Rita and take prospect to pull upset as they are 7 point dogs on Massey ratings.

Reactions: USD24
I was going to roll with Peoria Central over Kankakee but CalPreps has them at -3.

I'll go with Yorkville over Moline (-7) at home

Also CalPreps has Prairie Ridge at +9 vs. Kaneland. I'd put the mortgage on that one lol

Reactions: McEvergreen
I think the only upset will be is if the weather doesn’t mess up something tonight - or a game gets moved to tomorrow

I’ve seen both teams play. A Metamora win would indeed be a huge upset. Don’t think it will even be close.
Meh, we'll see. Just figured maybe Metamora was getting hot at the right time being that I was pretty surprised they put up 68 points last week

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT