ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special......

feeto's is a good pick.

My feetos Friday upset will take us to the SWSR in New Lenox where the West Side Warriors will defeat the defending 8A and SWSB champs, the Porters of Lockport.

Last edited:
I know of a SWSR poster that would disagree with you. Not to mention LP beat Bradley and Bradley beat LWW.
If the Porters return to full strength tonight off past injuries, I would say this would be an upset. If they are down many starters like the past couple weeks, then it would be an even match-up.

Reactions: Porter1997
Marist over LA

LA has to travel and for whatever reason Marist seems to match up well with LA
The last time LA traveled to Marist, the Ramblers won by 29 pts.

I am curious about your rationale regarding Marist matching up well with LA. I know you said "for whatever reason," which leads me to think that you have no reason other than intuition. And that's fine. Just wondering if you have any specific areas of the game in which you feel Marist matches up well.

I am curious about your rationale regarding Marist matching up well with LA. I know you said "for whatever reason," which leads me to think that you have no reason other than intuition. And that's fine. Just wondering if you have any specific areas of the game in which you feel Marist matches up well.
I think he’s referring to the 2 wins over them in the 2019 season. That was the only time Marist beat LA to my memory. That was the only time they matched up well. LA by 28 tonight.

DLS wasn't that bad in the first half against BR considering they only dressed 37 kids

DLS wasn't that bad in the first half against BR considering they only dressed 37 kids
Saw a clip of that game on a highlight and it looked like they had about 10 kids on the sideline, 15 tops...QB is a freshman and a lot of underclassman too. Marty Quinn is a great coach, but this job has always been such a grind trying to recruit kids away from the CCL bigger programs. Immediate playing time is the biggest card they can offer.

Reactions: dweise

They have beaten and upset LA in the past and have never beaten MC thus to be there seems to be a match up thing with LA. I guess intuition would be correct or just a plain feel.

Where's all that Minooka love coming from Bones?
We need all the playoff points we can get.

Last year we entered the playoffs at 7-2 same as LWE. Our path was GBN, Warren, Lockport, Loyola. LWE's path was Oswego E, Minooka, Loyola, Lockport.

Minooka getting 7/8 points and Simeon's 9, and LWW hopefully 6 will go a long way to a more 🤔 manageable route.

Reactions: missingwalter
They have beaten and upset LA in the past and have never beaten MC thus to be there seems to be a match up thing with LA. I guess intuition would be correct or just a plain feel.
The only constant since Marist's two wins over LA back in 2019 is coaching (although I'm sure LA misses Coach Flynn). Those wins prove that Dawczak can successfully gameplan against Holecek. So, yeah, you gotta give him credit for that, but the players have completely turned over since then.

Without thinking much into it, Marist has a D1 DB to guard LAs best WR and a massive DT that'll take up space vs the run game. Plus some good WRs who can go up and get the ball. Should be a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT