ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special......

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Good morning. Hard to believe it's already week 4. Time flies when you're picking upsets. Let's get to this week's pick. Today I'm going with the unranked, 1-2 Vikings of St. Laurence over the the always contending 2-1 Broncos of Montini Catholic. This will be a tall order with Montini coming in as a 15 point favorite. The Broncos haven't really played anyone this year aside from IC who put a whooping on them. Yes, they have a nice QB to WR team in Teschner and Nixon, but that won't be enough tonight. It's Homecoming at St. Larry, and I'm sure Coach Nissan ( a former MC assistant under Coach Frank. Speaking of Coach Frank, is he still at Laurence, and if so what are his duties?) will have his boys prepared. The Vikings have a really good D, holding Iggie to 19 last week and almost pulling off the upset. They have a very nice RB in Aaron Ball, and I think he'll have a great one tonight. I know the Laurence fans will be ready, it's a "BLACK OUT" for Homecoming. I'll take Larry tonight. Final score.... St. Lawrence 21 - Montini 17. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts and who is your upset?

Two mild upsets (each favorite only a 3 pt. fav.)

Pat's over Marian C.....surprised Marian is favored in this game
CoM over Viator....the Corsairs continue to make strides

Man that’s two weeks in a row someone has called my upset pick not an upset. LT is ranked in most top 25s and OPRF is not. St Charles North over Wheaton North count as an upset or NV over NN?
I was just asking. I really don't know if it's an upset. Like I said, I like OPRF.

Is this an upset???? I don't know, but I love OPRF in this one.
I would say it would be an upset for sure. This is a trap-game for LT. They are coming off a huge win for their program last week (evident by the fans storming the field at the end of a Week 3 in conference game), with another huge game next week hosting York. OPRF is coming off a loss to Glenbard West, but one in which they were able to go toe-to-toe for 3 quarters before the GW physicality just wore down on OPRFs many two-way players. OPRF plays HC next week.

Reactions: Hogs6576
In a battle of 3-0 teams is it really an upset? But my pick is DGN over York. The boys in purple are playing with a purpose and will be 4-0 when the. I guy is done!

as always… GO WARRIORS! (WB over DGS tonight).

In a battle of 3-0 teams is it really an upset? But my pick is DGN over York. The boys in purple are playing with a purpose and will be 4-0 when the. I guy is done!

as always… GO WARRIORS! (WB over DGS tonight).
GIF by Giffffr

Reactions: WBWarriorWatcher
According to calpreps on a neutral field the prediction is: ACHS - 26 - RB - 21.
They are a private school
How is this an upset? RB has 1,638 students. AC has 240 students. RB is 6.825 times the size of AC.
AC is a private school. They recruit. They went from a nonexistent wrestling program to winning a state title in two years

Reactions: Silver Rain
They are a private school

AC is a private school. They recruit. They went from a nonexistent wrestling program to winning a state title in two years
Public schools recruit too. I live in Riverside. My son played football and attended at the Catholic grade school in town. His grade school football team practiced at RB. The RB coach spoke at his practices many times about the RB football program and school. And about the lack of tuition. No boy from my son’s grade school went to RB. The went to SICP, Fenwick, Naz, etc And their families paid tuition.

Public schools recruit too. I live in Riverside. My son played football and attended at the Catholic grade school in town. His grade school football team practiced at RB. The RB coach spoke at his practices many times about the RB football program and school. And about the lack of tuition. No boy from my son’s grade school went to RB. The went to SICP, Fenwick, Naz, etc And their families paid tuition.
You aren't recruiting if you are talking to kids on your field

You aren't recruiting if you are talking to kids on your field
How do you define recruiting? my son who started for two years at a Catholic high school never had a coach talk to him when not on the coach’s campus.

If you’ve got a better way to gauge the favorites, I’m all for it.
I am not sure how the formula works but I am sure OPRF got extra credit since fenwick won state last year but the friars are nowhere near the team they were last year. It is fine as you have canceled my upset pick the last 2 weeks and I have named two others each week that we legit so I can claiming 4-0 on real upsets the last 2 weeks along with the 1-1 on my canceled picks.

Good for you, but I didn’t cancel your pick this week. That was someone else. Calpreps has been the “line” for the last 4 years.

Hey @feeto, since some games are on Saturday, got any Feeto’s Saturday Upset Specials in the cooker? Asking for a friend of course….Probably another thread forthcoming right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT