ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special...

Technically it didn't happen, however, like I said in another post, Oswego East has a way of shooting themselves and the red zone turnovers on Saturday afternoon were proof of that.

Not to be rude to you, so don't take it that way, but there were zero red zone turnovers on Saturday. None.

8-1 south Elgin beat a 5-4 Oswego east team from an average conference.

Am I missing something?

You probably missed the previous discussions about the UEC and Oswego East's conference. Probably missed the post claiming a running clock. Not a big deal.

Not to be rude to you, so don't take it that way, but there were zero red zone turnovers on Saturday. None.
My apologies, clearly I misinterpreted the following paragraph:

"South Elgin's defense stopped the Wolves on five of their six trips inside the red zone, including two successful goal-line stands and recovered two fumbles that turned into Storm scores."

My apologies, clearly I misinterpreted the following paragraph:

"South Elgin's defense stopped the Wolves on five of their six trips inside the red zone, including two successful goal-line stands and recovered two fumbles that turned into Storm scores."

That was poorly worded. Two separate concepts. 5 red zone stands, two fumbles (outside the red zone).

I wish I had a say! I'm just enjoying following this team. Should get crushed by Rice Saturday.

There is no way that a big suburban 8A school that has twice as many boys (with an offense averaging 48 points per game and a defense that only gives up 4 points per game) gets crushed by Brother Rice.

I have South Elgin as a clear favorite. #RollStorm

Last edited:
Reactions: Queen4
There is no way that a big suburban 8A school that has twice as many boys (with an offense averaging 48 points per game and a defense that only gives up 4 points per game) get crushed by Brother Rice.

Nice try. While those numbers are impressive, South Elgin's lone loss came vs. a Bartlett team that Rice crushed in round one. Ill take the Crusaders by at least 2 scores.

Nice try. While those numbers are impressive, South Elgin's lone loss came vs. a Bartlett team that Rice crushed in round one. Ill take the Crusaders by at least 2 scores.
Agreed. Rice is good and tested. If that game wasn’t such a slop fest Friday night Rice would have rolled Bartlett.

There is no way that a big suburban 8A school that has twice as many boys (with an offense averaging 48 points per game and a defense that only gives up 4 points per game) gets crushed by Brother Rice.

Exactly!!!

- Bartlett beat SE by 3.
- Rice beat Bartlett by 20.
- Rice should beat SE by 23+.

Simple math.

"Act Manfully in Christ Jesus."

Amount of boys has nothing to do with it. The helmet count is the factor.I have no idea who has what.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT