ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special...

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Week 9 is here, can you believe it's already the end of the regular season? This week has a ton of really good games, and I think it's going to be a big week for upsets. This week we're going to the CCL (I see more than 1 upset in the conference this week). This weeks upset is........ The unranked, 5-3 Mustangs of St. Rita over the #9 ranked, 7-1 Dons of Notre Dame. Why?????? One reason, Soph running back Kaleb Brown. This kid is the real deal, and ND will not be able to contain him. ND had looked great all year, but last weeks shutout loss to Naz showed the cracks. Rita has a good defense, not equal to the Naz D, but good. I think they'll keep the Dons in check out on 79th st tonight. Brown is going to run wild on the ND defense, I've got him at 150 rushing and 3 TD's. I'll take the Mustangs at home tonight. Final score, St. Rita 24 - Notre Dame 14. That's this weeks upset. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

Not going to happen. You are correct, KB is the real deal and the young Mustangs are a very good team but I don’t think you are giving the Don’s D enough credit.

They held Naz O to, in reality, one score. The Don’s D averages giving up less than 10 pts per game, and you have St. Rita scoring 24? I’d love to see it but I think NND’s D are licking their chops for this challenge.

Last edited:
Not going to happen. You are correct, KB is the real deal and the young Mustangs are a very good team but I don’t think you are giving the Don’s D enough credit.

They held Naz O to, in reality, one score. The Don’s D averages giving up less than 10 pts per game, and you have St. Rita scoring 28? I’d love to see it but I think NND’s D are licking their chops for this challenge.
With Henry Wilson out for the season it's a tough game for St. Rita. Notre Dame is a clear favorite at 7-1.

CPS upsets of the week? Simeon finally wins a lawsuit against the IHSA and becomes playoff eligible when they waive the game minimum. Also despite best effort on both parts to shut down the usual embarrassing showing in the state playoffs the CTU and CPS come to an agreement over the weekend allowing all CPS eligible teams to actually play their round 1 games!

Andrew over 'Brook if that is considered an upset. Soucie has predicted a Rd 1 game with Raiders at Ramblers. Not only has Andrew historically won this game, but it is also in Raider best interest to lose the game.

Naperville Central over....

Check that, never mind!
I’ll go with that. If....and it’s a big IF...NC’s talented secondary can make a few big plays they have a chance. NC can definitely score on the Flyers.

I’ll be there with bells on, looking forward to a great game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
Andrew over 'Brook if that is considered an upset. Soucie has predicted a Rd 1 game with Raiders at Ramblers. Not only has Andrew historically won this game, but it is also in Raider best interest to lose the game.

Historically? I thought they haven't played in 15 years or so?

Don't know where, but some team that has no business winning will beat a 4-4 team tonight and spoil the hopes and dreams of many

Historically? I thought they haven't played in 15 years or so?
Andrew won in 97, 98, 99, 00, 04
Brook won in 96, 01, 02, 03

As far as the IHSA goes back Andrew has won more and won last including two absolute drubbings when we were #1 in 5A.

ND's defense held Nazareth to its worst offensive output of the season. Only one sustained drive really. And Naz's offense is vastly superior to Rita's. If Julian Schurr plays for ND, Dons win. If not, it'll be a close one. Would be shocked to see anyone "run wild" on this defense.

My upset: Iggy over Fenwick to get into the playoffs.

ND's defense held Nazareth to its worst offensive output of the season. Only one sustained drive really. And Naz's offense is vastly superior to Rita's. If Julian Schurr plays for ND, Dons win. If not, it'll be a close one. Would be shocked to see anyone "run wild" on this defense.

My upset: Iggy over Fenwick to get into the playoffs.
The first offensive Naz touchdown was basically a big run and great pass and catch for TD. The second one was basically the last play play of the game a long run by a great runner on a defense that basically was gassed. I mean no disrespect to Naz, just saying the ND defense played pretty good against a very explosive and balanced offense.
I have no idea what Shurrs injury is or the severity. I’ve got to imagine that they’d err to the side of caution with him tonight and with any other guys that might be banged up.

The first offensive Naz touchdown was basically a big run and great pass and catch for TD. The second one was basically the last play play of the game a long run by a great runner on a defense that basically was gassed. I mean no disrespect to Naz, just saying the ND defense played pretty good against a very explosive and balanced offense.
I have no idea what Shurrs injury is or the severity. I’ve got to imagine that they’d err to the side of caution with him tonight and with any other guys that might be banged up.
I need to relax with the basically’s.

Andrew won in 97, 98, 99, 00, 04
Brook won in 96, 01, 02, 03

As far as the IHSA goes back Andrew has won more and won last including two absolute drubbings when we were #1 in 5A.

So the seniors on these teams were alive when they last played?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT