ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special........

1 upset in each class I like are:
8A: Edwardsville over Huntley: Tough 1st round Matchup. I think Eville has figured it out and look impressive since the 0-3 start.
7A: Belleville West over Buffalo Grove: Not impressed with Buffalo Grove schedule. West gave ESTL everything they could handle a month ago. Two late 1st half turnovers crushed them. Could be a low scoring game in this one with BW pulling out the win.
6A: Marmion Academy over Shepard: Tough ending season on four losses, but the competition in those games will have them ready to go this weekend.
5A: Peoria Notre Dame over Decatur MacArthur: PND riding a 5 game win streak and a must win last week against Normal West. DMac seems to be tailing off a bit after the early season win over Sacred Heart Griffin.

in Lower classes:
3A: Greenville over Sesser Valier. (Not much of an upset, but seeding wise it is)
2A: Red Bud over Eldorado.
Looks like i am picking on the Black Diamond Conference.

As a matter of fact, my feeto's Friday upset will be The Brook shaking up the world and beating Warren.

Reactions: LakeCtyNewt
Is that an upset? Blue Devil's took the #1 7A team into the deep waters.
Why it would be sandbagging. Warren put up 35 on what many consider the best D in the state in LZ. I saw you guys and holding Montini to 7 is no small feat. Warren also beat powerful Stevie and hung with Barrington.

So now they're not supposed to beat The Brook with either a crippled QB or frosh QB? Same team that struggled to stop Bradley and nearly got clocked by H-F after having the lead no less.

I don't get how it's sandbagging. If anything a Raider win would be the upset.

Stop....you know the spread

Reactions: Cross Bones
I will take my District 87 compatriot by picking Glenbard North to take down Week 8 7A #1 Seed Batavia.

I'm not sure I consider Montini over Dekalb an upset. BUT I do like DLS to pull it out.

Wouldn't be surprised if Normal went down, but for the sake of IL football across the state, I'm pulling for them to win. I'm a big fan of non-chicagoland areas proving their metal.

I'm a big fan of non-chicagoland areas proving their metal.

Mudvayne was pretty good, from Peoria.

Screen-Shot-2015-03-03-at-8.09.40-PM.png

Looks like AC is a 14 point dog at Newman. AC will cover and win.
My rationalization is the way AC handled Bmac - a power running team with speed. Mac was running the ball down the Eagles throats, scored on their first three possessions and was leading 28-15 mid-2nd quarter. AC made defensive adjustments and shut out Mac 40-0. Final score 55-28. Also vs. 6A DeLasalle, AC was down 28-8 with 6:30 to play. Four minutes later AC was winning 29-28. They've shown incredible resilience and never give up. No lead is safe when playing AC. Should be an amazing game.
IHSA has to love this as a first round game when in all likelihood, it should be after thanksgiving.

Reactions: Bowie50 and Cat Box
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT