ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special........

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
First round of playoffs are always a really hard week to call upsets. The top teams should roll, and with some of the ridiculous seeding, the lower seeds are actually favored. For this week I'm going to help out a team that's helped me twice this season. This weeks upset is ...... The 6-3 and #12 seed Broncos of Montini Catholic over the 7-2 and #5 seed Barbs of DeKalb H.S. (Fun fact, barbed wire was invented in DeKalb by Mr. Joseph Glidden in 1867. Therefore the nickname "Barbs") I've been picking on Montini all year, it's time for me to lend them a hand. The tough regular season schedule of the Broncos will prove it's worth tomorrow afternoon. Final score...... Montini 35 - DeKalb 14. That's my upset for this week. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

Reactions: Gene K.
I'm going to step out on a limb and go with 5-4 Alton over 8-1 Lincoln Park. :confused:
Lincoln Park is better than the average CPS but Alton is better than your average 5-4 team.I'll say Providence and Mt.Carmel of Chicago will win by running clocks.

My real upset is Belleville West over Buffalo Grove.

the dogz over pc.
and this upset has been coming for along time, we wanted them 2013 but esl beat them. so this year we will run through the heart of the pc line. if they don't run the ball consistently could be a long nite. cannot put your qb in a predictable passing situation with this team. need to be able run play action keep those big boys off balance. use your big back and pound, pound, pound and most definitely need to use the middle of the field. slants, ins, because these linebackers get sucked up very quickly when you can run the ball successfully on them. gonna be a fun one.

Reactions: feeto and EdgyTim
First round of playoffs are always a really hard week to call upsets. The top teams should roll, and with some of the ridiculous seeding, the lower seeds are actually favored. For this week I'm going to help out a team that's helped me twice this season. This weeks upset is ...... The 6-3 and #12 seed Broncos of Montini Catholic over the 7-2 and #5 seed Barbs of DeKalb H.S. (Fun fact, barbed wire was invented in DeKalb by Mr. Joseph Glidden in 1867. Therefore the nickname "Barbs") I've been picking on Montini all year, it's time for me to lend them a hand. The tough regular season schedule of the Broncos will prove it's worth tomorrow afternoon. Final score...... Montini 35 - DeKalb 14. That's my upset for this week. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

Yeah, that's not an upset...

Reactions: Bigshot85
Libertyville over ESL... too many injuries for the defending champs and Libertyville size is just a bad matchip

Looks like AC is a 14 point dog at Newman. AC will cover and win.
My rationalization is the way AC handled Bmac - a power running team with speed. Mac was running the ball down the Eagles throats, scored on their first three possessions and was leading 28-15 mid-2nd quarter. AC made defensive adjustments and shut out Mac 40-0. Final score 55-28. Also vs. 6A DeLasalle, AC was down 28-8 with 6:30 to play. Four minutes later AC was winning 29-28. They've shown incredible resilience and never give up. No lead is safe when playing AC. Should be an amazing game.

Interesting that we have one guy calling a PC win over Richards and upset and a few post later another guy saying Richards over PC is his upset pick....huh?

As much as I don't want to see it, being that the Devils are my new adopted team, my upset pick is Stevenson over Hinsdale Central. That is a real tough draw for the Red Devils.

I think Normal may be a little better than what people think. I believe they have had some 7A success before. Normal West is the team that is not really Physical.

I think Normal may be a little better than what people think. I believe they have had some 7A success before. Normal West is the team that is not really Physical.

Thanks for that comment. I don't really know anything about Normal but my reason for thinking that DGN will take it is that Wander (DGN head coach) has a history of getting into the 7A playoffs at 5-4 and having big first round upsets. I feel like their gonna do it again this year.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Lots of chatter in our parts that Jacobs should knock of LWW, not sure if that is an upset or not- I suppose that would be an upset based on seeding but it sounds like Jacobs is actually really good.

Is that an upset? Blue Devil's took the #1 7A team into the deep waters.

SandbagPhoto.jpg

Interesting that we have one guy calling a PC win over Richards and upset and a few post later another guy saying Richards over PC is his upset pick....huh?

we all know the history here. and typically any year pc is a 7a hard hitter. they move in and out of 6a just like pr and cg or bat. how can you not call beating a typical 7a team in 6a regardless of seeding not an upset. you have to.

Pretty straightforward Bones. What's not to get?
Why it would be sandbagging. Warren put up 35 on what many consider the best D in the state in LZ. I saw you guys and holding Montini to 7 is no small feat. Warren also beat powerful Stevie and hung with Barrington.

So now they're not supposed to beat The Brook with either a crippled QB or frosh QB? Same team that struggled to stop Bradley and nearly got clocked by H-F after having the lead no less.

I don't get how it's sandbagging. If anything a Raider win would be the upset.

Why it would be sandbagging. Warren put up 35 on what many consider the best D in the state in LZ. I saw you guys and holding Montini to 7 is no small feat. Warren also beat powerful Stevie and hung with Barrington.

So now they're not supposed to beat The Brook with either a crippled QB or frosh QB? Same team that struggled to stop Bradley and nearly got clocked by H-F after having the lead no less.

I don't get how it's sandbagging. If anything a Raider win would be the upset.

Fair argument, but that LZ game seems to be an outlier, not necessarily an argument why they should dominate. The QB MASH Unit is a problem at Ikea U but I just see the Brook TCB in this one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT