ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special........

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
I usually have a game that just jumps out at me each week....... Not this one. I've been scouring all of my graphs and charts and this is what I came up with. This weeks upset is.........The Roadrunners of Nazareth Academy over the highly touted and #4 ranked Redhawks of Marist. It's going to be tough sledding for the Roadrunners (what a stupid nickname) playing at Marist tonight. I think this game is going to come down to coaching, and I'll give the edge to 2 time State Champ Tim Racki over first year coach Ron Dawczak. I think Marist has the better players, but Naz win it tonight. Final score......Naz 21 - Marist 20. That's my upset. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

Reactions: Bowie50
Naz is banged up from what I've heard so it will be tough. And Doesn't Racki have like 6-7 state titles?

This is the week!! Gonna go with the Hiltoppers pulling the upset over Benet. No particular reason, just gotta feeling.

This is the week!! Gonna go with the Hiltoppers pulling the upset over Benet. No particular reason, just gotta feeling.
USD24 went against my Joliet West Tigers last week and lost. But I agree that this is the week for JCA! It's Gonna Happen!!!! Because if it doesn't, that's two straight seasons without Joliet Catholic in the playoffs. I am pretty sure that has never happened.

Last edited:
USD24 went against my Joliet West Tigers last week and lost. But I agree that this is the week for JCA! It's Gonna Happen!!!! Because if it doesn't, that's two straight seasons without Joliet Catholic in the playoffs. I am pretty sure that has never happened.

Unfortunately, even with a win tonight, the Hilltoppers are not going to make the playoffs this year. At 2-4 they would have to win out and they are not going to beat Marist in week 9.

FWIW, I was close on my pick last week. West was able to eek it out in the last minute. Good win for the TIgers.

I'm gonna say Bloom on the road over Kankakee.

(Soucie says this isn't happening but if it does...)

Unfortunately, even with a win tonight, the Hilltoppers are not going to make the playoffs this year. At 2-4 they would have to win out and they are not going to beat Marist in week 9.

FWIW, I was close on my pick last week. West was able to eek it out in the last minute. Good win for the Tigers.
It was a bizarre game. Pick 6s for both teams, penalties...it was entertaining though. Even Dick Goss of the Joliet Herald-News enjoyed it per his story.

Ironically, Soucie has Joliet West@Marist for Round 1. Eeek.

Rochester received a forfit win in 2013, last time they actually beat SHG was 2010
I think you have it backwards. Didn't Rochester win the game on the field and they had to forfeit the game to SHG.

They had to forfeit because some players had their championship rings paid for by a booster club.

Reactions: MS4EVER
I think you have it backwards. Didn't Rochester win the game on the field and they had to forfeit the game to SHG.

They had to forfeit because some players had their championship rings paid for by a booster club.
That is correct sorry about mixing that up guys.

I say Aurora Christian over Ignatius. CalPreps has AC winning 31-30 but isn't it always an upset if a 2A school beats a 6A school? I mean really. How many 2A schools in the state of Illinois could beat Ignatius?

I'll hop on the Stevie over LZ and Sandburg over Stagg bandwagons

I say Aurora Christian over Ignatius. CalPreps has AC winning 31-30 but isn't it always an upset if a 2A school beats a 6A school? I mean really. How many 2A schools in the state of Illinois could beat Ignatius?
That's not at upset

The 1-5 Brother Rice Crusaders over the 3-3 St. Joseph Chargers. Sorry for being late to the party. Go Crusaders! I also kinda like the DLS Meteors over MC but not crazy enough to go out on that limb!

The 1-5 Brother Rice Crusaders over the 3-3 St. Joseph Chargers. Sorry for being late to the party. Go Crusaders! I also kinda like the DLS Meteors over MC but not crazy enough to go out on that limb!
Note the time...

I usually have a game that just jumps out at me each week....... Not this one. I've been scouring all of my graphs and charts and this is what I came up with. This weeks upset is.........The Roadrunners of Nazareth Academy over the highly touted and #4 ranked Redhawks of Marist. It's going to be tough sledding for the Roadrunners (what a stupid nickname) playing at Marist tonight. I think this game is going to come down to coaching, and I'll give the edge to 2 time State Champ Tim Racki over first year coach Ron Dawczak. I think Marist has the better players, but Naz win it tonight. Final score......Naz 21 - Marist 20. That's my upset. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?
Didn’t work out to good for that prediction, now did it ??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT