ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special........

Looking at the rest of their schedule, you could easily see Maine West going 8-1 if they play like they did tonight. Would be the best MW team since the '79 squad led by Kevin Clifford, George Arvanitis and Rick Schulte.
Maine West has been doing a good job with their football team the last few years. I know they invigorated their youth program and are getting mor polished players. The youth wrestling program also wrestles with the Maine Eagles ( feeder to Maine South ) a couple of times per week which Inthink also helps the incoming freshman who play football and wrestle. After that hazing incident a few years ago, i'm glad to see the gradual turn around. By the by, George Arvanitis owns Kappys in Niles. Great breakfast.

Reactions: kpjasion
You should have really went out on a limb and picked Richards over Reavis.
I was going to but my Rams will never be the same.Area changed too much.I would have been thinking with my heart not my head.Series has not even been close

Dear Feeto:

Your Friday upset curse worked well on Montini. Started out with the Montini team before the game put in an non air conditioned room at Marmion and the team was forced outside to get cooler before the game (95 degrees at game time).

On Montini's first drive (down 7-0) and at the 2 yard line after a long run by the RB, Montini is a hurry up hands the ball off and the RB fumbled the ball into the end zone which was recovered by Marmion. Later Montini scored again and the extra point hit the upright. 7-6 Marmion. Marmion scored again and the Montini drove down the feel and missed a FG. Half time Marmion 14-6. Montini drives down the field and score at the start of the half and the extra point is missed again. Montini later drives down the field and goes up 20-6 after a two point conversion.

Marmion again scores making it 20-14. Montini drives down the field and scores a long run TD which was call back by a holding penalty. Another long long to the 3 yard line was called back by another holding penalty. After a couple of punts Marmion goes up 21-20. Montini answers with a long drive and kicks the extra point to make it 27-21? Duh? Marmion gets the ball back with 1:35 left and on a 3rd down and around 35 yards Marmion completes a 40 yard pass to the Montini 10. Marmion 28-27. Game over.

Penalties: Montini 10-12. Marmion 3

P.S. Would you please let me know what HS team you root for? LOL

Pssst.... feeto, over here. There's a rebuilding team from the shores of Lake Ellyn that could use some magic this week. Their name rhymes with Oxnard Vest.

Thanks pal

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
Dear Feeto:

Your Friday upset curse worked well on Montini. Started out with the Montini team before the game put in an non air conditioned room at Marmion and the team was forced outside to get cooler before the game (95 degrees at game time).

On Montini's first drive (down 7-0) and at the 2 yard line after a long run by the RB, Montini is a hurry up hands the ball off and the RB fumbled the ball into the end zone which was recovered by Marmion. Later Montini scored again and the extra point hit the upright. 7-6 Marmion. Marmion scored again and the Montini drove down the feel and missed a FG. Half time Marmion 14-6. Montini drives down the field and score at the start of the half and the extra point is missed again. Montini later drives down the field and goes up 20-6 after a two point conversion.

Marmion again scores making it 20-14. Montini drives down the field and scores a long run TD which was call back by a holding penalty. Another long long to the 3 yard line was called back by another holding penalty. After a couple of punts Marmion goes up 21-20. Montini answers with a long drive and kicks the extra point to make it 27-21? Duh? Marmion gets the ball back with 1:35 left and on a 3rd down and around 35 yards Marmion completes a 40 yard pass to the Montini 10. Marmion 28-27. Game over.

Penalties: Montini 10-12. Marmion 3

P.S. Would you please let me know what HS team you root for? LOL
To answer your question,I think it's pretty well known that I'm a MC guy. I'm still really disturbed about what I saw at St Rita last Saturday. I've never seen Coach Frank give up before, but in my opinion he did last week.

Reactions: Gene K.
Started out with the Montini team before the game put in an non air conditioned room at Marmion and the team was forced outside to get cooler before the game (95 degrees at game time).

Did this really happen? Don't teams need to be given the chance to have similar conditions before the game and at halftime?

I was told that the Montini team " was put in a smelly wrestling team room with no air conditioning" by a father of a player on Montini. Also observed Montini 's team on a field adjacent to the school limbering up about 45 minutes before they came on the field. Can't imagine that the Montini coaches would have done that in the 95 degree heat that much prior to getting on the field.

@EdgyTim isn't there some kind of rule stating both teams need like space for before the game and halftime, or is it only at halftime? If this is accurate, shame on Marmion.

Nothing against Maine West but a couple of thoughts. The Central Suburban North is not a strong conference. I think this year they stopped playing Soph games for the entire conference. Highland Park dropped it's entire youth football program ( as mentioned in prior threads). GBN was 3-1 against teams with a combined win total of 4 games and I believe the LA transfer that had been the starting QB for them did not even play. So it is always nice to see new teams to emerge but not sure yet what that win really means? But I guess it is a start!

Palatine over Barrington on Thr night. i am considering checking this one out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: kpjasion
Nothing against Maine West but a couple of thoughts. The Central Suburban North is not a strong conference. I think this year they stopped playing Soph games for the entire conference. Highland Park dropped it's entire youth football program ( as mentioned in prior threads). GBN was 3-1 against teams with a combined win total of 4 games and I believe the LA transfer that had been the starting QB for them did not even play. So it is always nice to see new teams to emerge but not sure yet what that win really means? But I guess it is a start!

I watched a replay of the GBN-MW game and the GBN announcers kept mentioning how their starting QB and RB had been lost to injuries, so maybe that was the LA transfer?

And yeah, the CSL North is not the DVC. But like Quags57 noted it was the first time in 15 years Maine West beat GBN, so yeah, it is nice to see a program that has been down for a while like Maine West emerge. They have Maine East and Vernon Hills the next two weeks...neither of which has seemed to have ever heard of the word "defense", so they could easy put up 40-50 points each of the next two games and get to that "guaranteed" sixth win fairly easily.

I watched a replay of the GBN-MW game and the GBN announcers kept mentioning how their starting QB and RB had been lost to injuries, so maybe that was the LA transfer?

And yeah, the CSL North is not the DVC. But like Quags57 noted it was the first time in 15 years Maine West beat GBN, so yeah, it is nice to see a program that has been down for a while like Maine West emerge. They have Maine East and Vernon Hills the next two weeks...neither of which has seemed to have ever heard of the word "defense", so they could easy put up 40-50 points each of the next two games and get to that "guaranteed" sixth win fairly easily.
Is Cortez back yet?

He is a game changer that is for sure! Palatine by 10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT