ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special........

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
I had a tough loss last week, but you must admit that Lake Pk. gave Naperville N. a hell of a scare. This week I'll get back on track with a shocker upset. This weeks upset is........... The soon to be first place in the CCL Green, Cadets of Marmion Academy over the top 25 ranked Broncos of Montini Catholic. Nobody is giving Marmion a chance this week, but they are one tough group to beat, especially at home. The Cadets always step up for every big game, as proven in last weeks come from behind overtime thriller. Montini is a team searching for an identity. It looks like they've finally picked a QB, but I'm still not sold on the defense. They gave up a big lead vs Rice last week, and squeaked by on a game ending 2pt conversion. I like the Cadets tonight. Final score...... Marmion 24 - Montini 17. That's my upset for this week. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

Reactions: Cross Bones
Glenbard North over Naperville North
This would not be an upset. One of GN's losses is against Naper Central, a team NN has yet to play. The Panthers appear to be rejuvenated since their stunning, emotional come-from-behind win over WWS. Last week they destroyed that Kentucky team, despite seven turnovers. Big bonding moment on the bus ride home as well. The last time NN beat GN at GN was in 2007, when the Huskies won the state title. GN owns the Huskies at their place. They have dominated the series the last decade. Check this out...

2015 GN 46-6 @ GN
2014 GN 20-19
2013 GN 37-28 @ GN
2012 GN 21-14
2011 GN 34-10 @ GN
2010 GN 10-3
2009 GN 21-0 @ GN

This would not be an upset. One of GN's losses is against Naper Central, a team NN has yet to play. The Panthers appear to be rejuvenated since their stunning, emotional come-from-behind win over WWS. Last week they destroyed that Kentucky team, despite seven turnovers. Big bonding moment on the bus ride home as well. The last time NN beat GN at GN was in 2007, when the Huskies won the state title. GN owns the Huskies at their place. They have dominated the series the last decade. Check this out...

2015 GN 46-6 @ GN
2014 GN 20-19
2013 GN 37-28 @ GN
2012 GN 21-14
2011 GN 34-10 @ GN
2010 GN 10-3
2009 GN 21-0 @ GN
NN....this is the game. You pick a game that looks like an "upset" on the surface, but has a decent likelihood of happening. You then pass it off as a prescient pick, when in fact, it was a cheesy "upset" pick at best. In this case, since NN is 4-0 and GBN is 2-2, it looks like an upset on the surface. Therefore, I can claim I went out on limb and picked an upset, when in actuality, was it really an upset?

Reactions: NNFAN
MCHS 31 BR 28

14 SOUTHSIDECFD, Sep 15, 2017

QUOTE="feeto, post: 133384, member: 714"]No chance Montini puts up 31 on Rice. If they keep rotating quarterbacks, the points will be hard to come by. Rice wins 24 - 14.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to wait for SOUTHSIDECFD to speak, Feeto you are being too hard on the Broncos.

Reactions: Gene K.
MCHS 31 BR 28

14 SOUTHSIDECFD, Sep 15, 2017

QUOTE="feeto, post: 133384, member: 714"]No chance Montini puts up 31 on Rice. If they keep rotating quarterbacks, the points will be hard to come by. Rice wins 24 - 14.

I'm going to wait for SOUTHSIDECFD to speak, Feeto you are being too hard on the Broncos.[/QUOTE]

I was right. They stopped with the rotating QB's that game = points on the board. The defense is still really shaky. If they lose tonight, they're in trouble come playoff time.

BR 24 PC 21

BR back is against the wall. These teams don't hate each other but certainly don't like each other.

2015 GN 46-6 @ GN
2014 GN 20-19
2013 GN 37-28 @ GN
2012 GN 21-14
2011 GN 34-10 @ GN
2010 GN 10-3
2009 GN 21-0 @ GN

I thought big bonding moments weren't allowed anymore

I don't think BR-PC can be an upset if Calpreps calls it one way and Massey the other.

Here's an upset for you:
Maine East Blue Demons over Deerfield Warriors.
It would be the first conference win for Dempster Devils since that memorable tilt against Maine West back in '12.

Reactions: MS4EVER
I don't think BR-PC can be an upset if Calpreps calls it one way and Massey the other.

Here's an upset for you:
It would be the first conference win for Dempster Devils since that memorable tilt against Maine West back in '12.

I'll stay in the same conference but fly across the district...Maine West over Glenbrook North

Reactions: kpjasion
Hope Academy & Eisenhower are good but will be upset if you can call it that by Oak Forest & St.Laurence respectively

Montini / Marmion coming down to the last drive. Let's go Cadets!

As I said if BR would have won it would have been an upset.

Pc looked very sloppy. They drove up and down the field between the 20's. Had a ton of penalty in the red zone. Defense bailed coach cogs out after a terrible fake punt call. Pc won simply because they were the more talented team.

Here's an upset for you:

I'm a Maine East alum and I love anytime someone mentions them, but if you had Deerfield and gave 56 points, you lost the bet :(

Reactions: ignazio
I'll stay in the same conference but fly across the district...Maine West over Glenbrook North

Looking at the rest of their schedule, you could easily see Maine West going 8-1 if they play like they did tonight. Would be the best MW team since the '79 squad led by Kevin Clifford, George Arvanitis and Rick Schulte.

Looking at the rest of their schedule, you could easily see Maine West going 8-1 if they play like they did tonight. Would be the best MW team since the '79 squad led by Kevin Clifford, George Arvanitis and Rick Schulte.

It is Maine West's first win over Glenbrook North in 15 years

Reactions: kpjasion
ADVERTISEMENT