ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday(Saturday)Upset Special...

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Sorry I'm so late with this, but I've been crunching numbers on tomorrows games all day. I've come up with the pick of the year. This week s upset pick is...... The Ramblers of Loyola Academy over "THE BEAST" Lincoln Way East's Griffins. This LWE team reminds me so much of their 2006 team. That group of Sr's had never lost a game EVER.... Till they ran into the Caravan in the semi-finals. This year LWE is a monster, but much like Frank Lenti in 2006, John Holecek is the best coach in Illinois. The Ramblers struggled early in the season, but they have really reached their stride in the second half of the year. LA played an amazing game vs Maine South last week, shutting out the Hawks. I may be the only person on this or any other board picking LA this week, and I love it. Final score..... Loyola 17 Lincoln Way East 14. That's my upset for this week. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

I really like JCA too. Just not sure if it's an upset. I'd call that game a pick.

Sorry I'm so late with this, but I've been crunching numbers on tomorrows games all day. I've come up with the pick of the year. This week s upset pick is...... The Ramblers of Loyola Academy over "THE BEAST" Lincoln Way East's Griffins. This LWE team reminds me so much of their 2006 team. That group of Sr's had never lost a game EVER.... Till they ran into the Caravan in the semi-finals. This year LWE is a monster, but much like Frank Lenti in 2006, John Holecek is the best coach in Illinois. The Ramblers struggled early in the season, but they have really reached their stride in the second half of the year. LA played an amazing game vs Maine South last week, shutting out the Hawks. I may be the only person on this or any other board picking LA this week, and I love it. Final score..... Loyola 17 Lincoln Way East 14. That's my upset for this week. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?
Ugh

If this was LA’s ‘11 or ‘15 squad I would say a very close game with LWE eking by with a win. Too much talent on this LWE squad. I think LA is a 2 TD dog at won’t hunt this time around. Hope I’m wrong. Two of the best coaches in the state cancel each other out Saturday. Good luck to both squads.

Reactions: Cross Bones
At this point, I don't even know what an upset is.

I'd argue there are only 3 teams where a loss would be a significant upset -- LWE, IC, Byron and maybe Mt. Carmel. and I can't see any of them losing.

Reactions: Iamjaytee and feeto
The Loyal Order of Moose says they like far western suburb teams and so I guess I will take the soft everyone gets a trophy Northstars over the vaunted ESL vanquishing Caravan.

Tough sledding trying to find any true upsets playing this weekend.

Reactions: Bowie50
Ive posted a couple times this week that Loyola winning would surprise but not shock me. SCN would actually surprise me more.

Reactions: crusaderpride
This would be one of the bigger upsets in history. Maybe along the lines of when GBN beat East st Louis in 1974

Despite gorice being no annoying this week, I'm picking Rice over Marist. This despite the fact that I have had five nephews and a niece go through Marist and one nephew, a Cub fan whom I really can't stand, go to Rice.
Despite my numerous friends from SR, I'm still picking and supporting DLS for Prep Bowl.

Reactions: Gene K.
Rita up 35-0 early in the 3rd. DLS obviously phoning this in

I think a lot (most?) people would love to see East lose. People love to hate the favorite. So after tomorrow, when people post their comments, I hope all respect that we are talking about 15-18 year olds. This is their biggest deal, they don't have mortgage payments to make, etc... It means the world to them all. I hope for great games and no serious injuries. Good luck, may the best team (this year, because last year or 1978 doesn't matter) win!

I'm surprised at how many people on the CCL thread are picking Marist. I don't see that as close at all. Home game for Marist or not, BR wins big.
I think Marist wins. I think Loyola wins. I think Marist beats Loyola in Champaign.

Marist by 3?

With everyone (including BR fans) picking Marist you wonder if the purpose is to make BR play with a chip on heir shoulder?

Were you late because this week's cipherin' took longer than usual?

Last edited:
I dont see any upsets this week, if I had to choose one I'd say Batavia over Naz.

Batavia is the higher seed...not an upset outside of posters’ picks.
In my mind it would be the closest thing to an upset. Batavia has had some close calls against teams the people don't want to see close calls against, teams that people think (whether correctly or incorrectly) Naz would handle.

Batavia is the higher seed...not an upset outside of posters’ picks.
I don’t totally buy into seeding as a factor in an upset. If CG would have lost to NC in that final game of the season, Kenwood or Antioch would have been seeded higher. If CG would have met either and won, would it be considered an upset? Where do rankings or the fact that Batavia are the reigning kings fit in? Should be a hell of a game either way.

A 2 dollar bet on a 100 to 1 long shot. LA by a field goal. No chance they get clocked.

Marist by 3?

With everyone (including BR fans) picking Marist you wonder if the purpose is to make BR play with a chip on heir shoulder?

At least one poster or a media member has picked against BR in 8 of their 13 games thus far. They’re used to it.

Marist
Loyola
Providence
Rita
Montini
OPRF
Warren
Marist

After seeing the snow I too am questioning whether East can get the clock. I'm looking at 3 scores margin.
Bones, you are quite an East bull! They may have there 2nd string SAM today and who knows if AJ is still dinged. I think he came out in 1Q against Edwardsville and did not return.

I don’t totally buy into seeding as a factor in an upset. If CG would have lost to NC in that final game of the season, Kenwood or Antioch would have been seeded higher. If CG would have met either and won, would it be considered an upset? Where do rankings or the fact that Batavia are the reigning kings fit in? Should be a hell of a game either way.

Less about the seeding and the fact that Batavia has earned their #1 seeding, is undefeated and their competition today got smoked in one game this season.

Bones, you are quite an East bull! They may have there 2nd string SAM today and who knows if AJ is still dinged. I think he came out in 1Q against Edwardsville and did not return.

AJ had only gotten a handful of touches at the most in the games I saw: HF, BB, GBW, Eddie. They may miss him as a decoy though. As for the Strongside backer, I don't know who the backup is but I bet he's more than adequate.

But it's not only that I'm bullish on East, but I'm Bearish on everyone else.

Less about the seeding and the fact that Batavia has earned their #1 seeding, is undefeated and their competition today got smoked in one game this season.
Naz "smoked" by Marist in their loss? Naz was leading until extremely late in Q2 and the game was within 2 scores until almost the very end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT