ADVERTISEMENT

EVILLE over West 45-14

crusader_of_90

Nov 1, 2003
Sauget, IL
archviewsecurity.com
Game sounds closer than the score. Two kickoffs funbled by West deep in their territory and two roughing the punter calls extended drives that led to scores.

EVILLE QB scored a bunch using speed that West could not contain.

Both will be hard outs in the playoffs, I think.

It was 31-0 at half. At no point other, than watching teams warm up, did I feel this game was close. Maybe your just trying to cover your tracks from when you were pounding the BV West drum earlier this year on here. E’ville also had a long TD run called back late in the 2nd quarter. They looked much more physical and probably rushed for 300+. I don’t think their qb took a snap in the 4th quarter. Maybe we define close differently.

It was 31-0 at half. At no point other, than watching teams warm up, did I feel this game was close. Maybe your just trying to cover your tracks from when you were pounding the BV West drum earlier this year on here. E’ville also had a long TD run called back late in the 2nd quarter. They looked much more physical and probably rushed for 300+. I don’t think their qb took a snap in the 4th quarter. Maybe we define close differently.
Granted, I hoped/expected more from West last night. EVILLE seems to be putting it all tigether at the right time too.

@crusader_of_90 what happened to Pettus and his great coaching defending E’Ville QB and their pooch kicks? I thought your faith in BW coaching was the difference maker. That makes 9 straight losses to E’ville with more talented BW teams that couldn’t get it done. Have they won a playoff game under Pettus?

@crusader_of_90 what happened to Pettus and his great coaching defending E’Ville QB and their pooch kicks? I thought your faith in BW coaching was the difference maker. That makes 9 straight losses to E’ville with more talented BW teams that couldn’t get it done. Have they won a playoff game under Pettus?
I'm no West apologist, that's for sure. I was wrong about them, I now see. I put more faith in their athletes than I did coaching - that's why I thought they'd be better this year.

I didn't see this one coming. I thought Belleville West was going to win. Definitely didn't think that Edwardsville would dominate like that. E'Ville even started its 3rd string running back (2nd string is out with injury), but it was all about the QB. LHSTiger94 called it. In addition to making the playoffs, some more good news for E'Ville is that the 1st string running back, Dionte Rodgers has been cleared to play (he played a few minutes against BW).

I didn't see this one coming. I thought Belleville West was going to win. Definitely didn't think that Edwardsville would dominate like that. E'Ville even started its 3rd string running back (2nd string is out with injury), but it was all about the QB. LHSTiger94 called it. In addition to making the playoffs, some more good news for E'Ville is that the 1st string running back, Dionte Rodgers has been cleared to play (he played a few minutes against BW).

As stated before the game, I felt West would struggle with containing the QB. Rogers coming back is a good thing for the kid but, I am not sure how much he will help E'ville chances. It will all depend on where they use him. The one thing about E'ville is they are consistent and will be a headache for most team regardless of class. The QB kind of resemble the LWE QB a few year back.

As stated before the game, I felt West would struggle with containing the QB. Rogers coming back is a good thing for the kid but, I am not sure how much he will help E'ville chances. It will all depend on where they use him. The one thing about E'ville is they are consistent and will be a headache for most team regardless of class. The QB kind of resemble the LWE QB a few year back.
Yeah, you called it! And Rodgers coming back could take a little bit of attention away from the QB which could make him a bit more dangerous. Rodgers only has one game to get into shape though.

Someone said the running back Friday night was only a freshman! That kid looked pretty impressive too. Imagine that backfield next year with everyone healthy.

Yeah, you called it! And Rodgers coming back could take a little bit of attention away from the QB which could make him a bit more dangerous. Rodgers only has one game to get into shape though.

Not really as you see both the Jr and the Freshman have stepped in and pretty much provided similar results as Rodgers. They have to create some type of passing game to create playoff success. Especially in 8A, On the road in the first round can be interesting.

Not really as you see both the Jr and the Freshman have stepped in and pretty much provided similar results as Rodgers. They have to create some type of passing game to create playoff success. Especially in 8A, On the road in the first round can be interesting.
In fairness to Rodgers, his numbers in the first two games were a result of playing while injured. He got hurt before the start of the season and playing in the first two games made the injury worse. If he's truly healthy, he should have some type of impact. You're right though... Without a passing game, they are toast in 8a.

Someone said the running back Friday night was only a freshman! That kid looked pretty impressive too. Imagine that backfield next year with everyone healthy.
Yeah, the 2nd stringer was out and so they went with the freshman. You saw the game? I heard that he did well, but didn't see for myself.

He is but there current offense is designed for 1 back. May have to change to offense next year. We will see.
In fairness to Rodgers, his numbers in the first two games were a result of playing while injured. He got hurt before the start of the season and playing in the first two games made the injury worse. If he's truly healthy, he should have some type of impact. You're right though... Without a passing game, they are toast in 8a.

Yes I agree as the kid performed as a sophomore. I am just saying the backup was getting close to 200 yards which isn't too shabby.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT