ADVERTISEMENT

ESL- The best in the state

If you think travel doesn’t play a part there is nothing to discuss.

Who have any of those other teams beat? ESL had more playoff points than all except MC. How about telling how and why any of the other teams are more superior?
H-F beat NV by 16 (it's not quite 2 but it will do), beat BB
LWE beat H-F 2x, BB, and Marist and gets to play Warren
Warren beat LZ, BB, Rice and gets to play LWE
Naz beat Batavia, Marist and gets to play MC
Marist beat LA 2x, LZ and Huntley
LA beat Rita, Rice, MS, and GBW
MC beat LA, MS, Montini, Rice, Marist, Phillips and gets to play Naz

So on and so forth. Who has ESL beat?

so what makes BB better than Batavia? Marist was 5-4. Who did Rice beat? Montini exit early in 5A, not a good year for them. Richards beat St Rita and ESL bear Richards 60-0. Surely you didn’t list a bunch of no quality wins to prove your point.

ESL. Watched them play twice in person ,once on film,offensively no team to come close,defense average ,speed,size,when you score 45/50 per game how much defense nod you need.ESL -24 against anyone this year 1-8

Golly gee. If only esl could have beat some sub-.500 teams who didnt even make the playoffs we would be ok. Are you seriously giving credit to those teams for beating BB??

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
so what makes BB better than Batavia? Marist was 5-4. Who did Rice beat? Montini exit early in 5A, not a good year for them. Richards beat St Rita and ESL bear Richards 60-0. Surely you didn’t list a bunch of no quality wins to prove your point.
I'm afraid that's exactly what he did. If you let them speak long enough, the hypocrisy will eventually work it's way out

Just to recap @Solid Snake Pliskin...
Kudos to everyone beating a 4-5 BB team
Also snake - Naperville central (also 4-5) sucks, who cares if esl beat them

Snake - results vs common opponents matters, see nv vs gbn, batavia vs gbn, HF vs nv
Also snake - completely dismissive of common opponent argument wrt esl/naz/lwe

Snake - strength of schedule is important. Without it you cant be considered the best
Also snake - completely ignores esl playoff points would put them only behind mc and their national sos actually is better than lwe and naz

It's quite entertaining to follow

Reactions: Odirty
They both played SCN for starters. I'll let you guess who did better. But keep playing the Batavia is a good win card.

Marist bear LA 2x and Huntley. Huntley? Well, they beat the team you're playing for a championship Saturday. My guess is you think beating PR is a great win, just not for Huntley.

Rice beat Marist and Minooka, you know, the team that beat Edwardsville by about the same amount as ESL

You get the point. But hey you scored 51 on ofallon so you're the best.

They both played SCN for starters. I'll let you guess who did better. But keep playing the Batavia is a good win card.

Marist bear LA 2x and Huntley. Huntley? Well, they beat the team you're playing for a championship Saturday. My guess is you think beating PR is a great win, just not for Huntley.

Rice beat Marist and Minooka, you know, the team that beat Edwardsville by about the same amount as ESL

Explain to me why we’re not playing 7A since you have all the answers.

Please explain why ESL is not playing 7A??????

“WE” all wanna know why ESL is disallowed from a 7A playoff birth, having won it twice in the last decade!!!

Man stop! Just stop.
Batavia lost their BEST player playing St Charles North but okay let’s play that game. Since Minooka beat E’ville by similar margin we are equal. We beat NC by twice as many points as LWE. We are now twice as good as LWE. Boy I love it.

oh by the way BB is better than ESL and Naz by your logic.

also who did LA beat this year?

“WE” all wanna know why ESL is disallowed from a 7A playoff birth, having won it twice in the last decade!!!

Someone please explain why ESL is being FORCED to play in their class size against their will!!! Ya know, since ESL fans do nothing but create whiny narratives!!!!

I just can’t rest until I find out from all these intellectuals why ESL is not playing in 7A!!!

Someone please help!!!

I’m trying to find my way out of this maze!!!!

Help me to figure out why ESL is not playing in 7A??

I mean we went 14-0 in 2016.........

Damn!!!! Crickets!!!

I guess I’ll just be left to draw my own conclusion(s).

Last edited:
ESL is not allowed to this year because the same disdain (possible envy) that SOME share towards ESL on this board is the same disdain/envy that their conference members share. Plain and simple.

Any one care to share there rationale on the conference voting against their playing up? We haven’t been able to figure it out.

But you guys have proven from your various formularies that their could be some interesting rationale for it. Seems like you guys would share similar thoughts as the general consensus of the SWC.
Why did they not let ESL play up? Better chance at title. Putting the clamps on ESL gambling in higher classes. I thought that was pretty obvious when announced.

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin
Like waking the sleeping Baby...THIS SHOULD NEVER BE DONE!!
The conference just wants titles. 6A works fine for them. I am all for AGNB! and shooting for the stars, so I am with ESL in being like WTF.

That said, conference was thinking smart.

Oh Lord way to show everyone that you don't know Illinois football. If you got to page 11 of this thread and think BB is Bradley-Bourbonais then you don't know Illinois football.

Why ESL isn't playing in 7A doesn't matter. What matters is that they don't have any wins that compare to numerous other teams.

Why did they not let ESL play up? Better chance at title. Putting the clamps on ESL gambling in higher classes. I thought that was pretty obvious when announced.
Not really. Thre SWC member schools felt it was unfair for them to have to play esl in the reg season, then again in opening rounds of the playoffs when esl petitions up.

Collinsville and gc were also tired of getting embarrassed but that was undeniably insignificant in the final ruling and both those teams still get clobbered playing cupcakes

Oh Lord way to show everyone that you don't know Illinois football. If you got to page 11 of this thread and think BB is Bradley-Bourbonais then you don't know Illinois football.

Why ESL isn't playing in 7A doesn't matter. What matters is that they don't have any wins that compare to numerous other teams.

I’ll help him, he intended to put Bollingbrook. So he misinterpreted an acronym, now he’s disqualified from being knowledgeable of Illinois football?? Please try just a lil bit harder than that. You’re really exposing yourself.

And oh it matters. You said earlier that ESL wouldn’t have the opportunity to play against any of your teams of note.

Last edited:
Not really. Thre SWC member schools felt it was unfair for them to have to play esl in the reg season, then again in opening rounds of the playoffs when esl petitions up.

Collinsville and gc were also tired of getting embarrassed but that was undeniably insignificant in the final ruling and both those teams still get clobbered playing cupcakes
Well that's even worse. I'd say a mix a both which is, like someone [not you], sad.

You didn’t answer my question? Based on your logic they are twice as good as LWE right ?

That's my mistake, I immediately read that as bradley bourbonnais, assuming now you meant bolingbrook.

My point still remains though. Esl beat two teams that you listed on other teams schedules and applauded other teams for beating them. Edwardsville also had a better record and/or more playoff points than Marist, brother rice, and bolingbrook, yet you dont classify them as a good win either?

So to say esl doesn't have ANY comparable wins is false and even contradicts your own posts

Last edited:
Well that's even worse. I'd say a mix a both which is, like someone [not you], sad.
I'll have to disagree with the mix of two only because the swc has never been an advocate for esl. So to say they are trying to facilitate esl getting a state championship doesn't jive with their past decisions and comments regarding esl

Reactions: Gene K.
You didn’t answer my question? Based on your logic they are twice as good as LWE right ?
I'm not sure you've been reading. Your entire purpose here is to make arguments that ESL is the best team no matter what the data says. A two point win over NV proves you're the best. Nevermind H-F beat them by more. A championship over PR means you're the best. Nevermind that Huntley beat them. A 14 point win over Batavia means you're the best. Nevermind that Naz also beat them by 14. ESL is the best just because. Nevermind a number of other teams having better wins.

This is too transparent.

I'll have to disagree with the mix of two only because the swc has never been an advocate for esl. So to say they are trying to facilitate esl getting a state championship doesn't jive with their past decisions and comments regarding esl
So the conference would rather have no titles than have ESL win one?

I'm not sure you've been reading. Your entire purpose here is to make arguments that ESL is the best team no matter what the data says. A two point win over NV proves you're the best. Nevermind H-F beat them by more. A championship over PR means you're the best. Nevermind that Huntley beat them. A 14 point win over Batavia means you're the best. Nevermind that Naz also beat them by 14. ESL is the best just because. Nevermind a number of other teams having better wins.

This is too transparent.
Im starting to think you are a troll. Some of your comments are so blatantly false, hypocritical, and shows a lot of willful ignorance.

This is too transparent.

You may not be sure, but I’m sure that you have not been reading!

Why is ESL not playing NAZ or MC this year when they won it all in 2016??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT