ADVERTISEMENT

ESL- The best in the state

Sheesh..looks like I created a monster thread!!! Yikes
Can we all just get along? The games are played on the field. Opinions are like yesterday’s, we all have them. After Saturday, there will be 8 teams that are the best. Class 1-8. May the best teams win. Everyone enjoy your families and the great games this weekend.

So attack Nazareth. Okay...
Naz is the only team that lost on the field (go back and read snakes comment where his exact words were esl doesnt have an on field case)

If we are talking best teams, seems reasonable that the first criteria to exclude a team would be one that lost. Im not singling out naz, it's just that if you ( read snakes) want to make your case based on on field performance why are you continuing to mention naz, and criticizing esl for winning games by "only" 22 pts

Naz is the only team that lost on the field (go back and read snakes comment where his exact words were esl doesnt have an on field case)

If we are talking best teams, seems reasonable that the first criteria to exclude a team would be one that lost. Im not singling out naz, it's just that if you ( read snakes) want to make your case based on on field performance why are you continuing to mention naz, and criticizing esl for winning games by "only" 22 pts
So that warrants the starting of a thread mocking the Naz kids? Are you seriously an adult?

So that warrants the starting of a thread mocking the Naz kids? Are you seriously an adult?

I don’t recall anyone singling out any one kid on any of these posts, which would be completely intolerable.

I do however recall some ADULTS implying that ESL kids are uniquely undisciplined as a whole.

Pull up any quote.

If you want credit for beating NV you also have to credit H-F, seems pretty obvious.

If you want credit for beating Batavia by 14 you also have to credit Naz, seems pretty obvious.

If you want credit for beating Edwardsville you also have to credit Minooka, seems pretty obvious.

Rice, Marist, and BB all went farther than Edwardsville in the same class and all have better wins. Plus you thought BB was Bradley. Seems pretty obvious.

ESL's sos is okay. But they don't have any wins against top teams and their best playoff win could be against a team Huntley beat, but Huntley won't get a championship for the same feat.

Your only goal is to argue that ESL is the best. You would say it no matter what the facts are. Hell, you're doing it now.
My goodness. Your lack of self awareness is just...I have no words for it. I don't have a problem with giving any of those teams credit, it's you that has a problem giving esl credit for doing the same exact thing you give other teams credit for.

This was your point to make. It was you who called out the lack of good wins for esl compared to other teams. You then completely contradicted yourself by saying beating teams like NV, and batavia were good feats, and continuing to repeat esl hasn't beat anyone. It's almost like you have two different people posting for you, and they dont communicate with each other before posting.

All the teams you listed have had good seasons. The teams playing for state have had great seasons, hopefully culminating in a state championship. At that point, anyone one of them could be considered the best in the state. But right now, you being completely dismissive of esl, and suggesting they shouldn't even be considered is foolish. And sounds like a lot of sour grapes. I dont know if I've ever seen someone make an argument that a nationally ranked high school team (only one in the state) shouldn't even be CONSIDERED as one of the best teams in the state

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
I don’t recall anyone singling out any one kid on any of these posts, which would be completely intolerable.

I do however recall some ADULTS implying that ESL kids are uniquely undisciplined as a whole.
The whole thread mocking Nazareth. Jesus man...

Direct me to quote where I'm praising him for starting the thread. I'll wait
You are literally in the thread explaining why Nazareth warrants the thread.

Nowhere did I say you praised him. You must just be thinking of praising him.

The whole thread mocking Nazareth. Jesus man...
This whole thread is being fueled by the gas of ESL guys pretending to not understand anything in order to push a narrative. I hate that they have made a thread about Naz in a tantrum about something I have posted

This whole thread is being fueled by the gas of ESL guys pretending to not understand anything in order to push a narrative. I hate that they have made a thread about Naz in a tantrum about something I have posted

Don’t flatter yourself. “They” didn’t make anything. I did!!

Reactions: Tez711
You can call me old and disagree with me all you want, but your comment about my school colors has set you aside as someone I will never respect. Brown is the color of the scapular that is the foundation of the Carmelite fathers. It has represented my school for 119 years and is the significant color for both Carmel (Mundelein) and Joliet Catholic --both of which have Carmelite foundations..

That line can't be recrossed.

I get what it represents and that is amazing, but it doesn’t take away from the fact that brown was the official sponsor of the 1830s and hasn’t made a comeback since. Sorry, not sorry.

It's sort of ironic that you would call out someone else for ignorance when you have...

...ignore the fact edgy has called esl the best team regardless of class

...ignored maxpreps the fact maxpreps calculated esl sos to be superior to two teams playing for state,

...ignored the fact usatoday think they are the best team in the state, and top 25 in the country

Now is any of that definitively make them the best. Absolutely not, esp with a game left on the schedule. But all of those non biased opinion def arent in line with your assertion that in no way should they even be considered the best in the state

"You are ignoring content by this member. Show Ignored Content" does this mean somebody on my "Ignore" list tried to reply to me? :D

Reactions: Bowie50
I’d like to thank all EdgyTim.com members for getting this page count to 13. I see 20 in our future. Keep it reasonably clean, don’t let me down.

See this is why I have to comment. I expect you to be truthful and not a hater. Example, LWE came to Ofallon and celebrated damn near every play. Unfortunately they loss and was upset but hey, they don’t celebrate. I watched HF do the same thing to Ofallon and Edwardsville. Please don’t post BS just to make a point. Especially flat out lie when I was at the games I mentioned.

Bottom line is I can respect your opinion but unfortunately you can’t do the same. HF hasn’t beat anyone nor won state to compare them. I will also add we won state Twice in 7A. I can speak from experience with my opinion. You have yours and I have mine but to make a post about celebration and undisciplined is horse shit and beneath you!

So watch your video again. This is High School Football. I believe some of the celebrations were worthy of flags. Maybe a couple of guys on here that are Refs can comment. I know your such a big fan of ESL that your blinded by reality. In any case you keep pleading your case to everyone on Edgy but if you just sit back and cool your jets you will see that no one has said ESL isn’t a really good team. The debate is are they the best? We will never know because they won’t play the other really good teams.

So watch your video again. This is High School Football. I believe some of the celebrations were worthy of flags. Maybe a couple of guys on here that are Refs can comment. I know your such a big fan of ESL that your blinded by reality. In any case you keep pleading your case to everyone on Edgy but if you just sit back and cool your jets you will see that no one has said ESL isn’t a really good team. The debate is are they the best? We will never know because they won’t play the other really good teams.

I haven’t pleaded a case to no one because I haven’t made a claim.
Didn’t receive any flags for excessive celebrations so what are we talking about?

I have always said I don’t care what anyone think nor is it important what people on this forum think. I will say USA Today obviously think ESL is the best team in the State and so does max preps. That’s not an ESL claim, it’s facts as of today.

I will say USA Today obviously think ESL is the best team in the State and so does max preps. That’s not an ESL claim, it’s facts as of today.

Those are opinions not fact. It might be the correct opinion, but it is just that. An opinion.

Those are opinions not fact. It might be the correct opinion, but it is just that. An opinion.
I'd be willing to bet the pollster at USA Today couldn't name 5 players in Illinois. Maxpreps uses Calpreps which has Lena Winslow at #11 in the state.

I'll ask again because no one has answered it yet; what on field result says ESL is the best team in the state? This question appears to be the ESL fan's kryptonite.

Reactions: mchsalumni
And the defense rests. You took the legs out of your own argument big guy...
If you have followed the discussion, at all, my point was never esl is hands down the best. Go find a quote where I said that.

My point was, and still is that esl should still be considered one of the best. And anyone suggesting otherwise is not using sound logic.

I've spent the majority of the evening debating someone who repeated says esl isnt even in the discussion, and your takeaway was that? That's pretty sad

If you have followed the discussion, at all, my point was never esl is hands down the best. Go find a quote where I said that.

My point was, and still is that esl should still be considered one of the best. And anyone suggesting otherwise is not using sound logic.

I've spent the majority of the evening debating someone who repeated says esl isnt even in the discussion, and your takeaway was that? That's pretty sad
ESL is very clearly one of the best teams in state. Very clearly to everyone not trolling. The battle for #1 at the end of the year is basically down to ESL, MtC, Warren and LWE. I can make a legitimate claim for any of them but they all have a chance to make a claim for themselves. ESL unfortunately gets punished by playing an inferior team and in 6a. It’s not ESL’s fault and it’s not fair but that’s how it works. Naz could very well be the best team if they prove it but won’t finish #1 and rightfully so due to their “game” week 1.

Reactions: Bowie50 and jha618
I'd be willing to bet the pollster at USA Today couldn't name 5 players in Illinois. Maxpreps uses Calpreps which has Lena Winslow at #11 in the state.

I'll ask again because no one has answered it yet; what on field result says ESL is the best team in the state? This question appears to be the ESL fan's kryptonite.
What on field stat says naz, Lwe, or warren is better? I'm sure you can find some but it's not definitive. Your whole point is trying to be definitive about esl not being the best. You obviously have no sense of consistency because you are all over the place with your arguments. One minute nv and batavia are good wins, until they arent because esl beat them. You ignore playoff points except for when it makes marist, hf, and BR look good. You have nothing but your opinion and your eye test. Which is fine. But stop acting like yours is some absolute truth and you can make definitive claims about esl. No one else is doing that for any other team

ESL is very clearly one of the best teams in state. Very clearly to everyone not trolling. The battle for #1 at the end of the year is basically down to ESL, MtC, Warren and LWE. I can make a legitimate claim for any of them but they all have a chance to make a claim for themselves. ESL unfortunately gets punished by playing an inferior team and in 6a. It’s not ESL’s fault and it’s not fair but that’s how it works. Naz could very well be the best team if they prove it but won’t finish #1 and rightfully so due to their “game” week 1.
That’s the beauty of my open 8A. First 32 to opt in get the bragging rights. No more chatter here. You either opt in to 8A or u accept that you have no arguments as to who’s best.

USA Today is garbage.

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin

No one said that. No one.

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin
What on field stat says naz, Lwe, or warren is better? I'm sure you can find some but it's not definitive. Your whole point is trying to be definitive about esl not being the best. You obviously have no sense of consistency because you are all over the place with your arguments. One minute nv and batavia are good wins, until they arent because esl beat them. You ignore playoff points except for when it makes marist, hf, and BR look good. You have nothing but your opinion and your eye test. Which is fine. But stop acting like yours is some absolute truth and you can make definitive claims about esl. No one else is doing that for any other team
So no answer. Got it.

good luck Saturday and the question has been answered based on your standards.

I’d be willing to bet that you are the only one on here who’s literally willing to throw out the baby with the bath water.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT